Place bug reports / questions here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

ifhope
Corporal
Human: Yes

Not capturing enemy territory

Post by ifhope »

hi,

I am playing with Pakistan everything seem working fine until after when india declare war and now my units could not capture enemy territory.

india_war.png:Image

I search about it on the forum but could not find anything related to it for CW. I know it may be some little option/function but I am unable to resolve the issue. Kindly help me, regards.

if

I uninstalled the game completely and then fresh install through steam but problem still persist.
Hundane
General

Re: Not capturing enemy territory

Post by Hundane »

Make sure your unit "Approach" ROE's are set to capture land.
ifhope
Corporal

Post by ifhope »

Hundane wrote:Make sure your unit "Approach" ROE's are set to capture land.
thx, but now another problem, I couldn't see enemy units / enemy garrison units. This is nothing like SR2020 where war is simple.

thanks.

if
ifhope
Corporal

Post by ifhope »

SR2020 game was playable and user friendly. But now with SRCW, it look like developer remove every good feature which make SR2020 a user friendly game. I am disappointed in BG developers, waste of money and time (for me). Thanks for the warning BG (don't buy our game).

regards,
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Nearly EVERY feature from SR2020 is still there. Maybe 5 or so feature were removed. If you're going to be rude, you will not be welcome here.
ifhope wrote: thx, but now another problem, I couldn't see enemy units / enemy garrison units. This is nothing like SR2020 where war is simple.

thanks.

if
I don't even understand your statement. The spotting system is the same in SR-CW as it was in SR2020.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
ifhope
Corporal

Post by ifhope »

Balthagor wrote: If you're going to be rude
rude, am I? if I some how look rude, sorry for my bad english.
Balthagor wrote:you will not be welcome here.
firstly is that a threat?
secondly i would not be here if I was not facing any difficulty in SRCW. After days/hours of game play and now I am stuck because I could not see enemy troops.
Balthagor wrote:Nearly EVERY feature from SR2020 is still there. Maybe 5 or so feature were removed.
honestly, I don't agree with that 5 feature statement. Or may be u have different definition of feature in a game.
Balthagor wrote:I don't even understand your statement.
my english is not good, i guess.
Balthagor wrote:The spotting system is the same in SR-CW as it was in SR2020.
if you say so. But what i am facing is that no enemy unit or garrison troops of enemy visible to me. If you know from where i can enable this small / tiny feature, I will be very very thankful.

regards,
ps: sorry for my bad english.
ifhope
Corporal

Post by ifhope »

Sorry guys, One more thing when i select units and order them to attack enemy cities/towns, units move near that certain town/city but don't open fire. Unless i select units and then from unit order toolbar i select attack facil.

if I could explain better. Unit are not attacking enemy towns in following snapshot. From where i can enable this option. thanks in advance.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

ifhope wrote:
Balthagor wrote: If you're going to be rude
rude, am I? if I some how look rude, sorry for my bad english...
Telling ppl not to buy our game is attacking how we make a living. That's being rude. And yes, this forum is not a democracy, we will remove anyone who is being rude. That's not a threat, it is a promise. By signing up to the forums you agreed to abide by our rules.

Regarding changed features, there was a discussion about this already here. At the time, this was the latest list of abandoned SR2020 features;
  • Inflation/unemployment (Added back in 7.2.2)
  • RoE (Added back in 7.2.1)
  • Ability to launch Defense/comm/intelligence satellites.(user mod available to get this back)
  • List of top producers/users and import/export figures for each commodity.
  • Religion
  • Setting unit trade delivery points
  • Time remaining on facility construction (Added back in 7.2.2)
As well, the BattleGroups list was recently brought to my attention. That's it. Everything else is there. If you've found something else, feel free to comment in the other thread.

From the screenshot above, there is nothing for the units to attack except the facilities. Attacking facilities can only be done through advanced orders. I don't see what you're expecting them to attack. You said you're "not seeing units". If you don't see them, how do you know they are there?

If you'd like to send me a savegame to look at, zip it (or rar) and send it to my e-mail account.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Overlord
Lt. Colonel

Post by Overlord »

ifhope wrote: if you say so. But what i am facing is that no enemy unit or garrison troops of enemy visible to me. If you know from where i can enable this small / tiny feature, I will be very very thankful.
Press Ctrl+Shift+S and uncheck "Fog of War", you should now see all units and it even makes the game run faster.
Overlord
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

I just tried your savegame and found no problems.

- Select units
- right click destination.

They move and they capture territory. Where is the problem?
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
ifhope
Corporal

Post by ifhope »

Overlord wrote: Press Ctrl+Shift+S and uncheck "Fog of War", you should now see all units and it even makes the game run faster.
thank you very very much overload issue resolve.

if
basitsnake
Private

Post by basitsnake »

uhm yeah one problem. cant find approach ROE button. can u tell me where it is

Return to “Issues & Support”