Invasion of/Retaliation to America (USSR)

Place bug reports / questions here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Cepheus
Warrant Officer
Human: Yes

Invasion of/Retaliation to America (USSR)

Post by Cepheus »

I've asked a question before along the same lines, however I'm still not too sure how to go about it as it all seems quite difficult to seek through all your units and complete tedious tasks to see which units can be placed onto a boat and transported to a hostile land, so I'll ask again and see how I'll go about specifically doing this as the USSR.
1. How do I paratroop units to american soil?
2. How can I efficiently and easily transport tanks and infantry to American docks to begin fighting?
3. How do I launch nuclear weapons (not through the strategic targeting pool, but an airdrop to a specified location)?
4. What do the following espionage acts do:
Counter Intel -
Recon -
Espionage -
Sabotage -
Assassinate -

5. How can I prevent the U.S from constant territorial incursion, despite having a larger and more powerful military than them?
6. Is there a formal way to start a proxy war, if so how?
7. If the Korean War is left in the AI's hands, will it ever result in a peace treaty/ceasefire as it did in real life?
8. Do cities grow over time, if so how many people is required for a mega city?

BONUS QUESTIONS!
1. Is it just my bad luck, or do the French and the South Vietnamese always destroy North Vietnam in 1949?
2. How Much Wood Would A Woodchuck Chuck If A Woodchuck Could Chuck Wood?

Thankyou very much!
Last edited by Cepheus on Nov 21 2011, edited 1 time in total.
number47
General

Re: Invasion of/Retaliation to America (USSR)

Post by number47 »

1. Load troops that can be airdroped in to the airplane and unload them were you want in the enemy territory. (take care of units weight and locations distance)
2. You can efficiently and easily transport tanks and infantry to American docks with ships that have amphibious assault. Otherwise, if you want to use ordinary ships, you need to make those Americans docks your docks :wink:
3. Don't know, never used them...
4. As follows:
Counter Intel - your defence against enemy spies
Recon - gives you line of sight in a small area around the spy
Espionage - if placed on research center or a fabrication, you can steal technology or design
Sabotage - if successful, you put random building in selected hex out of order (they have to repair it)
Assassinate - you kill some minister (never used this)
5. Don't know.
6. If you enter in alliance with the country that is already in a war, you can than fight a proxy war through that country.
7. Don't think so.

BONUS ANSWER:
1. As far as I know they always win.
2. A woodchuck could chuck no amount of wood since a woodchuck couldn't chuck wood.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Last edited by number47 on Nov 21 2011, edited 2 times in total.
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr
Cepheus
Warrant Officer

Post by Cepheus »

number47 wrote:BONUS ANSWER:
2. A woodchuck could chuck no amount of wood since a woodchuck couldn't chuck wood.

It all makes sense now, you clever person. :o
number47
General

Post by number47 »

Cepheus wrote:
number47 wrote:BONUS ANSWER:

It all makes sense now, you clever person. :o
It took me some time to write the whole reply but I just had to write the reply to that bonus question immediately :D
Cepheus
Warrant Officer

Post by Cepheus »

Thanks alot for the answer, I appreciate it very much. Is there an easier way to search through your units to select which ones have amphibious assault?
SGTscuba
General

Post by SGTscuba »

Find one that has it, then tell use the select all of this type. Although this will only give you all of only the types you selected. aka select a light inf and m60 and then say select all units of this type, then it will select all your light inf and m60's accross the map, sorry but thats the closest you will be able to get (although you can use select only from those in view if you have a force ready and only want certain units).
My SR:U Model Project, get the latest and post suggestions here:

http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=28040
number47
General

Post by number47 »

I made a mistake. The technology required for ships to land your units in enemy territory is called something like "amphibious assault landing" or "amphibious landing assault". There is a small icon in the ships details that looks like a vehicle disembarking the ship via a ramp. Ground units can have "amphibious assault" ability but that only means they can cross rivers not open sea.
flashy
Lieutenant

Post by flashy »

the only times i have ever left airborne assaults to the AI resulted in highly belated responses
flashy
Lieutenant

Post by flashy »

bang spetsnaz on the scene three weeks after the amphibious invasion they were supposed to create a diversion for succeeded

Return to “Issues & Support”