How can anyone play the game??

Place bug reports / questions here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

dontpKaniC
Corporal
Human: Yes

How can anyone play the game??

Post by dontpKaniC »

I love the Supreme Ruler games very much and was waiting for Cold War very much, but as i got it i am really disappointed...
First off, there were these crashes when trying to load a saved game. Luckily it was fixed in patch 7.1.1. But many new problems arose!
There is no Battle Group list anywhere!!! and this is a very important feature for me, also the button of Individual Rules of Engagement is not there at all!!!! I dont understand how can anyone play the game!!! I have read that people got pretty far through the campaign!!! how?? for me the game in its current state is UNPLAYABLE!!!! Maybe there is some workaround or those problems are not in all versions of the game??
Ive tried searching for fixes, but on all forums the answer is "this issue is known"... what does that mean??? Does it mean that not every one has this issue?? please give me some answers!!! I really love this game and would love to play it!!! but i just cant!!! will a new patch fix these problems?
nick-bang
Colonel
Location: A dark and ominous room - only illuminated by the eerie light of a computerscreen

Re: How can anyone play the game??

Post by nick-bang »

dontpKaniC wrote:I love the Supreme Ruler games very much and was waiting for Cold War very much, but as i got it i am really disappointed...
First off, there were these crashes when trying to load a saved game. Luckily it was fixed in patch 7.1.1. But many new problems arose!
There is no Battle Group list anywhere!!! and this is a very important feature for me, also the button of Individual Rules of Engagement is not there at all!!!! I dont understand how can anyone play the game!!! I have read that people got pretty far through the campaign!!! how?? for me the game in its current state is UNPLAYABLE!!!! Maybe there is some workaround or those problems are not in all versions of the game??
Ive tried searching for fixes, but on all forums the answer is "this issue is known"... what does that mean??? Does it mean that not every one has this issue?? please give me some answers!!! I really love this game and would love to play it!!! but i just cant!!! will a new patch fix these problems?

Take A deep breath

Close your eyes ... no wait a minute then you cant read what im writing.

Okay - so OPEN your eyes ... wait ... nevermind ... DOOOOOH

Are your eyes open now ... ?
Now ?

Okay: think of a happy place: like you playing with a kitten and rolling around in the hay on a sunny day ...
Eh ... maybe that came out wrong ... DOOOH

Okay once more: you are in a happy place with NO felines or hay - and there you will have to wait for 1 week until the new patch and update will land on the World Wide Web, which should hopefully solve your issues.
number47
General

Post by number47 »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

@OP
searching the forum on topics like "update 2 ETA" could have given you some hints about upcoming updates and would ease your discontent :wink:
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr
dontpKaniC
Corporal

Post by dontpKaniC »

ok... all of the "close your eyes and relax [_]OT " and "ease your discontent [_]OT " thing wasnt necessary... im not panicking or anything. i just wanted to get a straight answer...
anyway thanks waiting on the new patch... |O
nick-bang
Colonel
Location: A dark and ominous room - only illuminated by the eerie light of a computerscreen

Post by nick-bang »

dontpKaniC wrote:ok... all of the "close your eyes and relax [_]OT " and "ease your discontent [_]OT " thing wasnt necessary... im not panicking or anything. i just wanted to get a straight answer...
HUH
Have you ever heard of the concept called "humour" or for that matter something called a "joke" ... try looking them up before you end up becoming a grumpy old man ...
Just a piece of friendly advice.
dontpKaniC
Corporal

Post by dontpKaniC »

nick-bang wrote:
dontpKaniC wrote:ok... all of the "close your eyes and relax [_]OT " and "ease your discontent [_]OT " thing wasnt necessary... im not panicking or anything. i just wanted to get a straight answer...
HUH
Have you ever heard of the concept called "humour" or for that matter something called a "joke" ... try looking them up before you end up becoming a grumpy old man ...
Just a piece of friendly advice.
Hey come on... i know it was a joke... guess you didnt quite understand what i tried to say... I just meant that you gave me a long reply, but the actual answer was only in the last sentence. Thats all i meant... No hard feelings.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

I think it's best if I start with a direct answer to the thread title;

by taking it for what it is.

as of 7.1.1 the game stability issues that existed at launch have been resolved. The RoE will be back in updated 2 which we missed for last week but are hopeful for next week. Regarding the BattleGroups list, keep asking about that, I still have hopes of giving it a home in the new design. There are a few other legacy features I'm testing already to see if we can bring them back. But it takes time.

We may as developers decide to change/remove/add features. That doesn't make the game unplayable, just different.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Draken
General

Post by Draken »

hhhmmm Legacy features? ....

Like training?
Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent.
Isaac Asimov, Salvor Hardin in "Foundation"
-
Si vis pacem, para bellum
-
It is hard to free fools from the chains they revere.
Voltaire
dontpKaniC
Corporal

Post by dontpKaniC »

i said that for me the game is unplayable because i am used to playing SR2020 where these features are present. I had hoped that besides the new features, all of the old features would be included in a new game, especialy because the features i spoke of were quite important and helpful. You have to agree that these are important features and not some minor things like individual units that are not to my liking. Of course in the end it is your decision, but i just dont understand why not include a feature like battle group list in the game, especialy because there is an option to make battle groups...
dont get me wrong, i like this game and i will play this game, but not until the second update comes out, because for me the features absent for now (mainly the RoE) are important.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

RoE got broken just before release. It will be fixed with the next update. Only feature we've promised.

For other features, consider that between just the five of us at BG, we can't always agree on the features we think are "important".

I'm just going to ignore Draken :P
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Draken
General

Post by Draken »

Balthagor wrote:I'm just going to ignore Draken :P

The story of my life :roll:
Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent.
Isaac Asimov, Salvor Hardin in "Foundation"
-
Si vis pacem, para bellum
-
It is hard to free fools from the chains they revere.
Voltaire
ollobrains
Brigadier Gen.

Post by ollobrains »

yeah the save games still crashing, a few other issues much more playable, BG will fix it in time fully understand their development patching restrictions with limited manpower have to focus on the big gamebreakers and then work down
ifhope
Corporal

Post by ifhope »

dontpKaniC wrote:I love the Supreme Ruler games very much and was waiting for Cold War very much, but as i got it i am really disappointed...
I guess i am not alone. |O

Return to “Issues & Support”