Running Supreme Ruler GC on Netbook

Place bug reports / questions here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

rstephenstx
Corporal
Human: Yes

Running Supreme Ruler GC on Netbook

Post by rstephenstx »

Hi, I am trying to run srgc on my acer netbook. When I load the game normally or as an administrator, the screen and cursor changes, the screen flashes and then returns me to my home screen. Am I having compatibility issues? I am running Windows 7 Ultimate with an Intel Atom N270 @1.6GHz processor with 1Gig of RAM. 32-bit system
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Re: Running Supreme Ruler GC on Netbook

Post by Balthagor »

Netbooks usually use a resolution of 1024x600 which is below the minimum requirements of the game. There is a GUI mod which makes the screens fit but you need to manually edit your registry to set the game resolution. Look for the values gameresx and gameresy.

Note: making registry changes without know what you are doing can be dangerous to system health. There is no support for making changes directly to your registry but you may ask questions.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
rstephenstx
Corporal

Post by rstephenstx »

i wouldn't know the first question to ask...i have never messed with registry files, is there a specific mod that has been created for the netbook that anyone knows of?...
NRose97
Lieutenant

Post by NRose97 »

There was a mod made for Cold War http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 65&t=18933 (Which I requested a little while ago, when I had the same issues) And one for 2020 http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 2&start=15 ;)
mrgenie
Brigadier Gen.

Post by mrgenie »

Not sure what's your home setup. But if you have a server running, use UltraVNC and play it on the server..

I'm running playing on a netbook as well, but the game runs on my Server which has maybe 50 times more performance
then my netbook.. with UltraVNC(free btw) I can play over the WLAN (I have 450Mbit WLAN throughout the house with several
Access points) and runs stable and fast that way.. even when walking through the house and the PC switching to the next AP with better signal strenght(win does this automatically) it runs just wonderful.
Also I can play the game on my MAC this way.. only drawback of the MAC is it doesn't switch AP so easily as windows.. MAC simply has many flaws and bugs the moment you want to do something which Steve Jobs didn't want you to do..but apart from that (not being able to walk through the house while playing the game) you can simply disconnected, and reconnected to a better AP if you're moving rooms.. so..

if you have a server, setup a decend WLAN and run it from the server.. that way the game will run perfectly smooth on both netbooks, laptops, Windows/Linux/OSX..
[UI-MOD] All-In-One viewtopic.php?f=91&t=31906

Return to “Issues & Support”