Place bug reports / questions here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

JalenTigh
Sergeant
Human: Yes

Re: Game runs very slowly

Post by JalenTigh »

Balthagor wrote:
JalenTigh wrote:Was this update that was supposed to fix this ever released? I just bought the game a few days ago, and have the most recent update... but it's running unbearably slow (over 2min per day),...
Send me your savegame and I'll test it out. Please reference ticket 16602 in the subject line.

Thanks, how would you like me to send it? I tried mailing it to you but got an error because the file was to big.
number47
General

Post by number47 »

JalenTigh wrote:
Balthagor wrote:
JalenTigh wrote:Was this update that was supposed to fix this ever released? I just bought the game a few days ago, and have the most recent update... but it's running unbearably slow (over 2min per day),...
Send me your savegame and I'll test it out. Please reference ticket 16602 in the subject line.

Thanks, how would you like me to send it? I tried mailing it to you but got an error because the file was to big.
send it in a .zip or .rar archive
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Okay I got your savegame. I ran it for 10 game days and that took 3:12 which comes out to ~19secs/day. That's faster than SR2020 on day zero.

I'm running an i5-2500 w/8GB, Radeon 5700, SATA HD. Nothing particularly special these days.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
JalenTigh
Sergeant

Post by JalenTigh »

Balthagor wrote:Okay I got your savegame. I ran it for 10 game days and that took 3:12 which comes out to ~19secs/day. That's faster than SR2020 on day zero.

I'm running an i5-2500 w/8GB, Radeon 5700, SATA HD. Nothing particularly special these days.

I don't get it then... I know my system is a few years old now... but as I said, it runs everything else just fine, no problems at all. Im not all that Tech savvy, so I do not know where to even look to figure out what is causing it to run so slow.
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

JalenTigh wrote:
Balthagor wrote:Okay I got your savegame. I ran it for 10 game days and that took 3:12 which comes out to ~19secs/day. That's faster than SR2020 on day zero.

I don't get it then... I know my system is a few years old now... but as I said, it runs everything else just fine, no problems at all. Im not all that Tech savvy, so I do not know where to even look to figure out what is causing it to run so slow.
SRCW relies on Raw processing power. You're running a dual core which means at best you have ~65% of the power of a quad core, That is the most likely reason for the discrepancy between the speed you see, and the speed balt sees in testing. At full speed the game moves as fast as your computer can process it, it just so happens that yours cannot process it that fast since its lacking 2 cores compared to a modern PC. (ignoring that 6 and 8 cores are becoming more common, and will soon be the norm )
Si vis pacem, para bellum
my Supreme Ruler mods Site - May it rest in peace
JalenTigh
Sergeant

Post by JalenTigh »

Fistalis wrote:
JalenTigh wrote:

SRCW relies on Raw processing power. You're running a dual core which means at best you have ~65% of the power of a quad core, That is the most likely reason for the discrepancy between the speed you see, and the speed balt sees in testing. At full speed the game moves as fast as your computer can process it, it just so happens that yours cannot process it that fast since its lacking 2 cores compared to a modern PC. (ignoring that 6 and 8 cores are becoming more common, and will soon be the norm )
Ok, that makes sense... Most games are graphics card intensive, which Im fine on... its my actual processor... Im confused though, why do other paradox titles work just fine? Are they not as CPU intensive? They are the same style of game....
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

JalenTigh wrote:
Ok, that makes sense... Most games are graphics card intensive, which Im fine on... its my actual processor... Im confused though, why do other paradox titles work just fine? Are they not as CPU intensive? They are the same style of game....
Generally speaking, No paradox titles are not nearly as processor intensive. But also keep in mind that Paradox is just the publisher, this is Battle Goat studios game. Totally different engine, programmer etc.
forumname
Major

Post by forumname »

Getting 1.5-2 minute days, in 1966.

Half my cores are parked(4) (core i7), and utilizing 14% of cpu (remaining half (4)) on average...

averaging 30-40% ram usage.(even at system idle windows uses about 15% mem)..so game is actually only using another 15-25 % of 8GB total

I'd post the screenshots of the resource manager, but the 256 kb limit prevents that.

Shoot me a tag number and ill zip and send you a savegame.
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

If your Alt+tabbing to the resource manager it can be misleading, if you really want to see what the game is using, put it in windowed mode with the resource manager on top :wink:

As for 1-2 min days that sounds like the destack bug. |O
Which may actually cause less usage since its got to wait for X to process before it does Y and Z. If X happens to be the destack bug then it wouldn't surprise me.

Although given that you're 15 years into the game it could be a mix of destack and the massive number of units AI nations probably have built up.
forumname
Major

Post by forumname »

No doubt there are some heavy duty stacks in some places...here's a cropped shot of running in windowed...(i had just reserved about 1600 units in order to try to create some stress..

windowed2.gif
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

forumname wrote:Getting 1.5-2 minute days, in 1966.
Can you zip and send me the save please? Ticket 16602.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
forumname
Major

Post by forumname »

Email and file sent.
forumname
Major

Post by forumname »

any word?

I have since invaded and conquered all of my pacific sattelites, mexico, cuba, and china.

These actions did not really increase the time of a game day what so ever. still right around 2-2.5 minutes.

Waiting now for construction(the worst part of having 2.5 minutes days) to complete in my newly acquired land areas, before hitting every possible "stack bug" location there can possibly be with nukes and b-52's, regardless of country.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

I've passed it along to George.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
forumname
Major

Post by forumname »

After annexing Great Britain, i'm now back down to 51 second days.

I hit their colonies one at a time in the Caribbean, and did not notice any speed up until actual annexation. (Hong Kong was first on the list to go, before the Caribbean ).

Edit: If i had to guess, I'd point to Diego Garcia...my F-22's are still pounding who knows how many Australian and Italian units there..a game month after annexation. Bahrain would be 2nd choice.

Return to “Issues & Support”