Game runs very slowly

Place bug reports / questions here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Suprememaster
Sergeant
Human: Yes

Re: Game runs very slowly

Post by Suprememaster »

I have found a way to drastically increase speed in all areas of the game. This only applies if you have a multicore cpus.

Start sr and alt tab and bring up task manager. Then find and highlight right click game in the processes list. select affinity and select only ONE core and then go back to game. Works great on both sr2020 and srcw
number47
General

Post by number47 »

Suprememaster wrote:I have found a way to drastically increase speed in all areas of the game. This only applies if you have a multicore cpus.

Start sr and alt tab and bring up task manager. Then find and highlight right click game in the processes list. select affinity and select only ONE core and then go back to game. Works great on both sr2020 and srcw
I'll be sure to check this when I have the chance...
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

Suprememaster wrote:I have found a way to drastically increase speed in all areas of the game. This only applies if you have a multicore cpus.

Anything less than 3 cores causes major control lag. I suggest just waiting for update 3.

Edit: But if it works for you or anyone else use it til update 3. :lol:
Si vis pacem, para bellum
my Supreme Ruler mods Site - May it rest in peace
juanezos
Lieutenant

Post by juanezos »

Any feedback on the set affinity to 1 core effect on game speed?
number47
General

Post by number47 »

juanezos wrote:Any feedback on the set affinity to 1 core effect on game speed?
Never tried it...the new beta updates improved game speed form me immensely so I didn't feel like experimenting :D
juanezos
Lieutenant

Post by juanezos »

Has anyone had any experience feedback how beta 3 works with saved games?
number47
General

Post by number47 »

juanezos wrote:Has anyone had any experience feedback how beta 3 works with saved games?
My suggestion would be abandon the save and start new game. I had I save from 7.2.2 that had a severe destack bug going on and trying to play it under beta update kept crashing the game because AI was trying to clean all the mess there was in the world and just couldn't cope with the amount of units caught in destack bug. :o
Jungle!
Private

Post by Jungle! »

The first what i want to say is "sorry for my poor english". So my problem is that i can't start the game! Every time a scenario or a campaign is loaded, the map appears and i can do anything but start the game... It always remains in pause!!!
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

Jungle! wrote:The first what i want to say is "sorry for my poor english". So my problem is that i can't start the game! Every time a scenario or a campaign is loaded, the map appears and i can do anything but start the game... It always remains in pause!!!
Known issue with PIRATED copies. Purchase the game and you will no longer have that issue.
Si vis pacem, para bellum
my Supreme Ruler mods Site - May it rest in peace
PyongYang
Colonel

Post by PyongYang »

NAUGHTY!

Return to “Issues & Support”