Game runs very slowly

Place bug reports / questions here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

PyongYang
Colonel
Human: Yes

Re: Game runs very slowly

Post by PyongYang »

hellfire23 wrote:Great! It worked, thanks! I found at least two islands that have seemingly hundreds of troops on them and Hong Kong has troops from almost every Western nation! The only problem is that when I try to remove French troops from Hong Kong, the transport ships cant leave the island. This doesn't happen for the British or American troops on the island, just the French. I've tried building more ports but nothing seems to work. I've even tried having France declaring war against China to clear the units by killing them off (I know I'm a horrible person). But that takes too long. It looks like I'll have to start over and fix this at the beginning. :-(
On the other hand, it's a GREAT EXCUSE to BOMB THE FRENCH.
Magron
Corporal

Post by Magron »

Does this version call more than 1 core? that appears to be the main problem with sr2020.. I'll buy it and move over to the CW version if it runs faster... I'm so frustrated with 2020..i like the game, but an hour for a month or 2 is impossible.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

both SR2020 and SR-CW use multiple cores though often the calculations in one of the cores are needed for another core to keep going.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Chauncey
Warrant Officer

Post by Chauncey »

Old issue I know, and I'm sure it's being worked on but thought I'd post here what has to be one of the worst cases of gamespeed slowdown on record. Its mid-Feb 1954 and on V. Fast it's taking roughly 15 MIN per day. I'm playing as USSR and another player is USA. I guess destack bug probably has something to do with it (other player says Hong Kong is loaded with NATO units), but I'd never heard anyone say 15 min per day.
USA player is invading Mexico and NATO hordes are joining in...could this be the cause? If so, its troubling because nobody wants the game to only function if your behaving peacefully...Ideally, it should be able to handle all out WW3 between the two sides without a problem. Nevermind complaints about 1-2 hours for a month to pass...we're talking 8-9 hours for a month!!! Any suggestions from anyone?
BTW, since someone may ask, I don't think its my computer...quad core processor, 5G RAM and a decent graphics card...its not ultra-top-of-the-line buts its decent enough. Don't think its internet connection either, as we both have pretty fast broadband and were clocking much faster gamespeeds only a month or two in game time before Feb 1954.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Chauncey wrote:...worst cases of gamespeed slowdown on record...
If you've got something you feel is particularly bad, send it over. Ticket 16602.

Easier to just look at it to comment.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Chauncey
Warrant Officer

Post by Chauncey »

Sent you a savegame of this. Last gameday played took 23 mins. Any suggestions on speeding it up would be most welcome. Thanks!
jrhindo
Sergeant

Post by jrhindo »

I got this game a long time ago along with SR:2020 Gold, but decided to wait a bit before playing to get a better computer. Long time after, no new computer due to money problems but i am giving another try to this game because it is quite fun. My computer is a familial laptop so obviously game is slow and only gets slower when time passes (yes i know, bad gaming choice but cant have better, and i can still play games like Rome TW with little game lags surprisingly). But I noticed the previous talks about game lag from super stacks and in most of my games I always have several huge stacks of units in the world, so i suppose that may be part why my game lag so much.

Also I have the latest patches so it is a bit anoying to have all the doom stacks around the world still so long after game release... The stacks are almost always present and at same places in games so why arent they fixed? :(

(btw I will not try to remove them using the multiplayer technique as proposed by another user, for example NATO has tons of units in Cyprus and to do manipulations for each countries to remove 15 units there would be longer than useful)
number47
General

Post by number47 »

jrhindo wrote: ...
Update 3 is about to fix the destack bug (allegedly). We are all waiting for it to be released 'cause the game tends to get untolerably slow. No, there is no ETA on Update 3 but we all hope it is not more than month away (worst case scenario, hopefuly |O )...
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr
jrhindo
Sergeant

Post by jrhindo »

If they need locations for the most common deathstacks i can post it, as fan thats the least i can do.

(My problem really is not that the game runs too slowly, its really just those death stacks that makes everything lag eventually)
number47
General

Post by number47 »

jrhindo wrote:(My problem really is not that the game runs too slowly, its really just those death stacks that makes everything lag eventually)
That is exactly what I was refering to...
SGTscuba
General

Post by SGTscuba »

number47 wrote:
jrhindo wrote:(My problem really is not that the game runs too slowly, its really just those death stacks that makes everything lag eventually)
That is exactly what I was refering to...
+1

By the way, the main places I have seen are:

Hong Kong
Lemnos

not really paid to much attention to other spots really.

Also I guess that bug I posted somewhere else about concerning the 'waiting for safe path' bug which seemingly lags the game too, as well as meaning large numbers of units go nowhere, no matter how safe you make the area.
My SR:U Model Project, get the latest and post suggestions here:

http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=28040
jrhindo
Sergeant

Post by jrhindo »

SGTscuba wrote:By the way, the main places I have seen are:

Hong Kong
Lemnos
Add: Cyprus (whole NATO holiday grounds)
Alaska and the coast south of it
River north of Vladivostok
Rivers around moscow
Rivers in North Germany
Malta

I think thats all i noticed for now.
JalenTigh
Sergeant

Post by JalenTigh »

Was this update that was supposed to fix this ever released? I just bought the game a few days ago, and have the most recent update... but it's running unbearably slow (over 2min per day), and its only 1954. Im real close to just giving up on it.

My computer is not new, its an AMD Phenom Dual Core 3.0ghz, 8gb of RAM.... but I have abselutely no problem what so ever running any other games published by Paradox, or any other games at all really, so Im not sure what gives. I do not have the money to upgrade my system, and even if I did, I wouldn't do so for a game I only paid 15 dollars for, not when everything else works just fine.
number47
General

Post by number47 »

JalenTigh wrote:Was this update that was supposed to fix this ever released? I just bought the game a few days ago, and have the most recent update... but it's running unbearably slow (over 2min per day), and its only 1954. Im real close to just giving up on it.

My computer is not new, its an AMD Phenom Dual Core 3.0ghz, 8gb of RAM.... but I have abselutely no problem what so ever running any other games published by Paradox, or any other games at all really, so Im not sure what gives. I do not have the money to upgrade my system, and even if I did, I wouldn't do so for a game I only paid 15 dollars for, not when everything else works just fine.
The Update 3 we are referring to is to be released soon...no one knows when exactly :lol:
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

JalenTigh wrote:Was this update that was supposed to fix this ever released? I just bought the game a few days ago, and have the most recent update... but it's running unbearably slow (over 2min per day),...
Send me your savegame and I'll test it out. Please reference ticket 16602 in the subject line.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com

Return to “Issues & Support”