Place bug reports / questions here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

NRose97
Lieutenant
Human: Yes

Supreme Ruler Cold War on Netbooks

Post by NRose97 »

Hello,

I have recently got Supreme Ruler Cold War for my Acer Netbook, yet I have come across the same problem that I did with Supreme Ruler 2020. When I try to start a campaign, or a scenario in sandbox mode I am unable to see the START Button, or the RETURN TO MENU Button. It would be much appreciated if somebody could make a mod so that I can play the new Supreme Ruler. Just to make sure you understand what it is I am talking about, I will provide a link to the issue with 2020.
http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 2&start=15

I just need help with the same thing, but on Cold War.

Thanks,

NRose97 :-)
SGTscuba
General

Re: Supreme Ruler Cold War on Netbooks

Post by SGTscuba »

the resolution just needs to be made smaller because you have a tiny screen on your notebook.
My SR:U Model Project, get the latest and post suggestions here:

http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=28040
NRose97
Lieutenant

Post by NRose97 »

The problem with that is, my netbooks maximum resolution is lower the Cold Wars minimum. Just like with 2020.
Legend
General

Post by Legend »

What resolution are you running on your netbook?

I made a mod for SR2020 (although I'm not sure if I released it) so I could see the game on my netbook while on a trip 2 years ago.

Let me know what areas you have concern with. if it's just the escape menu then that would be easy to move objects around for you... if it's also other popups then it would be an issue to change many areas quickly.

Have you tried running the game in windowed mode? If I recall you could do that, then virtual window around to get more of the screen. It may not help but I thought it would be worth noting.

I can take a quick look at this over the next few weeks ... if you can let me know some answers to my questions - it would help.

- Daxon
NRose97
Lieutenant

Post by NRose97 »

Legend wrote:What resolution are you running on your netbook?

I made a mod for SR2020 (although I'm not sure if I released it) so I could see the game on my netbook while on a trip 2 years ago.

Let me know what areas you have concern with. if it's just the escape menu then that would be easy to move objects around for you... if it's also other popups then it would be an issue to change many areas quickly.

Have you tried running the game in windowed mode? If I recall you could do that, then virtual window around to get more of the screen. It may not help but I thought it would be worth noting.

I can take a quick look at this over the next few weeks ... if you can let me know some answers to my questions - it would help.

- Daxon
My netbook runs on 1024 x 600. I had tried to run the game in windowed mode, but it didn't seem to make any difference. Basically I just need the launch game button moved somewhere near the middle of the screen, for campaign mode, sandbox, and skirmish mode. Also I need the edit game settings button moved in sandbox mode. The 2020 mod worked for me when I played Supreme Ruler 2020, and it was much help. I just need the same thing done but for Cold War, if that is possible.
NRose97
Lieutenant

Post by NRose97 »

[_]O I forgot to tell you that I also need the RETURN TO MENU Button moved towards the middle of the screen, in the PLAYER PROFILE Section.

-Thanks
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Try this, let me know if it works.
1024X600_Menus.zip
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
NRose97
Lieutenant

Post by NRose97 »

Thank you very much, Balthagor! Works perfectly :D
NRose97
Lieutenant

Post by NRose97 »

NRose97 wrote:[_]O I forgot to tell you that I also need the RETURN TO MENU Button moved towards the middle of the screen, in the PLAYER PROFILE Section.

-Thanks
Forgot about this until I tried to change my player profile name... If you have the time can you please do this for me :)
LeonTrotsky
Colonel

Post by LeonTrotsky »

Haha, where do I unrar it to?
"If we had more time for discussion we should probably have made a great many more mistakes."
-Leon Trotsky
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

LeonTrotsky wrote:Haha, where do I unrar it to?
HAPS folder :wink:
Si vis pacem, para bellum
my Supreme Ruler mods Site - May it rest in peace
LeonTrotsky
Colonel

Post by LeonTrotsky »

Btw, can't change name cause can't see menu buttons. No biggie but any future update? Thanks :D
"If we had more time for discussion we should probably have made a great many more mistakes."
-Leon Trotsky

Return to “Issues & Support”