CPU usage stuck on 100% while paused.

Place bug reports / questions here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

hoddized
Colonel

CPU usage stuck on 100% while paused.

Post by hoddized »

I don't know if this has been mentioned before, but after a while of playing and then pausing the game it's using 100% of one core on my CPU. Quitting the game and restarting solves it for a while. I have heard of memory leaks and such but not CPU... "leak" or whatever this is called.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Re: CPU usage stuck on 100% while paused.

Post by Balthagor »

I'll bring this to George's attention and see what he says.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Post by Balthagor »

Anyone seen an issue like this? No immediate clues in the code...
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Hullu Hevonen
General

Post by Hullu Hevonen »

hoddized wrote:I don't know if this has been mentioned before, but after a while of playing and then pausing the game it's using 100% of one core on my CPU. Quitting the game and restarting solves it for a while. I have heard of memory leaks and such but not CPU... "leak" or whatever this is called.
are you using any other program, mod or something that might cause this? is this just during one save or everytime you pause? and just to be clear, dose the game supremerulercoldwar.exe use up 100% of the cpu capacity.

Also, could this problem be caused by something with the ram memory, say if you had just the amount of ram needed or if there where an error with the ram? Because if quitting the and restarting it works(even for a while), that gives me the idea that it could be the ram. If the Processor had something wrong with it, then the game should not run, the operating system would have problems(if the error would be minor), so I don't think it's that.
Happy Linux user!
Links: List of Mods

Return to “Issues & Support”