Strategic Pool issue as a non-superpower

Place bug reports / questions here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Apoffys
Lt. Colonel

Strategic Pool issue as a non-superpower

Post by Apoffys »

I tried using the strategic pool order on a bunch of units (playing as Iran in sandbox mode), not knowing what it did. They seemed to go into reserve, but I can't find them on any list and they seem to still take up manpower. A little googling told me I had to use a button on the right side of the defcon-thingy to manage them, but I don't have such a button (apparently it's only for US/USSR). Now what?
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Re: Strategic Pool issue as a non-superpower

Post by Balthagor »

Okay, noted. For now, do not use that order unless you're playing as a superpower.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
barkhauer
Colonel

Post by barkhauer »

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE add the TBRB to everyone in sandbox rather than taking away the Strategic Pool order from everyone but the superpowers.
Legend
General

Post by Legend »

the suggestion is noted. we'll have to weigh it with other features, and fixes we are working on too.

- Daxon
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

At the very least let us use silos outside the Strat pool system. :wink: An entire group of missiles is unusuable to non superpowers. :x
Si vis pacem, para bellum
my Supreme Ruler mods Site - May it rest in peace
PyongYang
Colonel

Post by PyongYang »

Damn! Just found this out after blowing a load of cash on silo missiles! :lol:
MrPark
Corporal

Post by MrPark »

Has this been fixed yet?
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

For the next update non-superpower nations will not be able to add units to the Strategic Pool since they do not have access to Strategic Targeting.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
MrPark
Corporal

Post by MrPark »

Cool, but whats the problem with allowing non superpower to have the strategic targeting?
SGTscuba
General

Post by SGTscuba »

MrPark wrote:Cool, but whats the problem with allowing non superpower to have the strategic targeting?
Its a question of who to target. The USA and USSR target each other but who would a country like Switzerland target. Personally I think targeting should be done via selecting a country/countries that you want to target, then press the red button and have it automatically fire at those selected countries.
My SR:U Model Project, get the latest and post suggestions here:

http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=28040
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

SGTscuba wrote:
MrPark wrote:Cool, but whats the problem with allowing non superpower to have the strategic targeting?
Its a question of who to target. The USA and USSR target each other but who would a country like Switzerland target. Personally I think targeting should be done via selecting a country/countries that you want to target, then press the red button and have it automatically fire at those selected countries.
Technically speaking the sphere leaders target each other. I agree a targeting menu would be nice, and if we are ever to see this option extended to other nations that's what it will take.

That said, given the amount of issues that had to be fixed in update 3 i'm not surprised at the method used to fix this issue for update 3.(things like the destack issue probably took so much dev time that adding new features took a back seat) But I do hope to see this in a future update.
Si vis pacem, para bellum
my Supreme Ruler mods Site - May it rest in peace

Return to “Issues & Support”