Crashed - 1kb Auto save...

Place bug reports / questions here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Mac
Sergeant
Human: Yes

Re: Crashed - 1kb Auto save...

Post by Mac »

Hey Chris. Not trying to be a pest, but I'm curious if any headway has been made on this as my problem is still there. It seemed to have disappeared on that fresh install, but I did it again and now it's happening almost every time the game save on auto save or manual save. So, that leaves this game completely unplayable.

Oh, I did send in a save game from my computer and the DXDIAG file. Just wondering about a possible update even if it is just a "we're working on it for sure" type response :wink:
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

I was digging around one of the savegames that ARVN sent me on Friday and found nothing unusual. I got it to run for 6 months of autosaves daily with a manual save ~ every month and no crash. Still comparing the DXDiag files.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Mac
Sergeant

Post by Mac »

Balthagor wrote:I was digging around one of the savegames that ARVN sent me on Friday and found nothing unusual. I got it to run for 6 months of autosaves daily with a manual save ~ every month and no crash. Still comparing the DXDiag files.
Thanks for the update :-)
ARVN2011
Sergeant

Post by ARVN2011 »

thanks for the update too.
nick-bang
Colonel
Location: A dark and ominous room - only illuminated by the eerie light of a computerscreen

Post by nick-bang »

(Moved from another thread)

Sadly I am having the same problem as I did in SR 2020, namely that the game suddenly and unexpectedly stops working after which windows gives me an annoying error message.
Im running it under Windows 7. My game version is the latest i.e. 7.1.1.

I dont know if it has got anything to do with the saving but when it stops working and I try to load from the last autosave, then it promptly stops working again, thus the autosave is corrupted. THis only happens when the game crashes otherwise the savegames work fine. Again this was exactly the same problem I experienced with SR 2020 and is equally irritating ...

Dxdiag and the rest sent as i just happened again...
ARVN2011
Sergeant

Post by ARVN2011 »

Some of us are surely expecting for the newest update- that I hope they found the solutions to solve this problem- asap.
I wasn't able to play this game since probably late Aug or early Sept.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

There hasn't been any more to report on this, it remains isolated to a handful of systems making it a challenge just to find the problem, let alone fix it.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

FYI, anyone having the autosave crashes, I have gotten two DXDiag files. A wider sample would be appreciated. Be sure to include ticket 16179 in your subject line.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Mac
Sergeant

Post by Mac »

I appreciate your willingness to still work on this issue!
nick-bang
Colonel
Location: A dark and ominous room - only illuminated by the eerie light of a computerscreen

Post by nick-bang »

Balthagor wrote:FYI, anyone having the autosave crashes, I have gotten two DXDiag files. A wider sample would be appreciated. Be sure to include ticket 16179 in your subject line.
Actually I still have the same problem: but the solution that you indtroduced with having two autosavegames (old and new) as i recommended somewhere, works perfectly.
I have not had any problems loading from the autosaves - so for me its a job welldone from Battlegoat!
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

If you're getting corrupt autosaves at times, please still send us your DXDiag file.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
nick-bang
Colonel

Post by nick-bang »

Balthagor wrote:If you're getting corrupt autosaves at times, please still send us your DXDiag file.

nono - i dont have them anymore was what I meant. The game sometimes (but much more infrequently now) crashes, but nowI can use the autosave every time.
sparky282
Colonel

Post by sparky282 »

only just seen this dxdiag file has been sent tho

hope this means a fix is on the horizon really wanna get playing :)
icemanistheking
Lieutenant

Post by icemanistheking »

If you're getting corrupt autosaves at times, please still send us your DXDiag file.
I'll get you one too, sometime next week...my autosaves still crash, but like above poster, never have a problem reloading the alternate autosave.
sparky282
Colonel

Post by sparky282 »

Going to have a play around with this and see if I can get it working gonna turn a few things off etc!

Return to “Issues & Support”