Crashed - 1kb Auto save...

Place bug reports / questions here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Mac
Sergeant
Human: Yes

Re: Crashed - 1kb Auto save...

Post by Mac »

Well bummer. I still get random crashes during saves after installing to the default directory. The good news is it doesn't happen nearly as often as I've only had two crashes in about 5 years of game time whereas before it would crash monthly. Could something about directory structure be causing problems?
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Are these cases of the game crashing during play or crashing during creating a save which results in a corrupt savegame?
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Mac
Sergeant

Post by Mac »

Balthagor wrote:Are these cases of the game crashing during play or crashing during creating a save which results in a corrupt savegame?
It is crashing during creating a save which results in a corrupt savegame. However, I just let it run for a few hours without a crash with auto save on every day. Now, I don't want to jump the gun, but it seems using the default install directory may have fixed my problem.
ARVN2011
Sergeant

Post by ARVN2011 »

http://www.mediafire.com/?ri0pcdzb4fcbf29

I wasn't able to play this game for more than a week now.
I purchased the game and now can't play it because I experienced that it gonna crash again whenever the save file reach 1kb.
Look forward to see the solutions to solve this problem. Thank you
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Mac wrote:
Balthagor wrote:Are these cases of the game crashing during play or crashing during creating a save which results in a corrupt savegame?
It is crashing during creating a save which results in a corrupt savegame. However, I just let it run for a few hours without a crash with auto save on every day. Now, I don't want to jump the gun, but it seems using the default install directory may have fixed my problem.
Glad to hear it's not crashing, but the installed directory should have nothing at all to do with the possibility of crashing. If you see anything further, please let us know.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

ARVN2011 wrote:http://www.mediafire.com/?ri0pcdzb4fcbf29

I purchased the game and now can't play it because I experienced that it gonna crash again whenever the save file reach 1kb.
The file isn't necessary, if it's 1kb there is nothing for us to analyze, it's an empty file. Much like with Mac, we have no known cause for this. More details would be helpful. Are you using autosaves or manual saving? Does it crash at the same point?
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
ARVN2011
Sergeant

Post by ARVN2011 »

Balthagor wrote:
ARVN2011 wrote:http://www.mediafire.com/?ri0pcdzb4fcbf29

The file isn't necessary, if it's 1kb there is nothing for us to analyze, it's an empty file. Much like with Mac, we have no known cause for this. More details would be helpful. Are you using autosaves or manual saving? Does it crash at the same point?
I am using manual saving, and it usually crash when I save or load the game.
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

As rare as these are could it be related to a specific distributions copy? :wink:
(never personally seen this issue myself)
Si vis pacem, para bellum
my Supreme Ruler mods Site - May it rest in peace
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

ARVN2011 wrote:...I am using manual saving, and it usually crash when I save or load the game.
Can you send me one of your non-corrupt savegames? Perhaps that will give some clues...
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Mac
Sergeant

Post by Mac »

Balthagor wrote: Glad to hear it's not crashing, but the installed directory should have nothing at all to do with the possibility of crashing. If you see anything further, please let us know.
Well bummer. Late last night it crashed on me during an auto save. I loaded up a manual save, played for a bit and it crashed during the manual save attempt :( Argh. Luckily, I always have the auto save, and in this instance, Venezuela and Venezuela 1 so I can have two manual backups. I uploaded the last manual save before the crash.

http://www.mediafire.com/?valqck0cjeifslq

I'll do as you said using the multiplayer for games I'm really into. However, I want to do as much as possible to help nail down this problem too. So, anything else you want me to test or let you know about just shoot. I used to beta test so I'm not unfamiliar with the frustrations :wink:

On edit: the darned thing is crashing every 15-20 minutes again during auto save :(
ARVN2011
Sergeant

Post by ARVN2011 »

Balthagor wrote:
ARVN2011 wrote:...I am using manual saving, and it usually crash when I save or load the game.
Can you send me one of your non-corrupt savegames? Perhaps that will give some clues...
http://www.mediafire.com/?og5nlgmdk3m3ks8
http://www.mediafire.com/?1duf702cl2ni2u4
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Okay, anyone having this issue, please send your DXDiag to support@battlegoat.com. Please include Ticket 16179 in the subject line of the e-mail

assuming running windows XP
*Go to start menu
*Click run
*Type in "dxdiag"
*Save the log file
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
ARVN2011
Sergeant

Post by ARVN2011 »

Balthagor wrote:Okay, anyone having this issue, please send your DXDiag to support@battlegoat.com. Please include Ticket 16179 in the subject line of the e-mail

assuming running windows XP
*Go to start menu
*Click run
*Type in "dxdiag"
*Save the log file
would you please show me how to include the DXDiag into my email? Thank you
Mac
Sergeant

Post by Mac »

Well, it seems the game crashes almost immediately during auto and/or manual saves. It's strange it worked really well after my tenth time of uninstall and reinstall only to fall to the same crashes eventually. This is very much a bummer

Also, I tried to play multiplayer by myself as you suggested but can't get my save game to appear on the load screen. I also tried to start a multi-player game by myself with no luck. How does one do that?
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

To reload them you have to open a MP lobby and select them as saved MP games. Be sure to send us your DXDiag.

@ARVN2011 - sorry but I don't know what e-mail program you're using. You need to make the file an attachment in the email.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com

Return to “Issues & Support”