Vietnam war broken

Place bug reports / questions here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

AirCav
Sergeant
Human: Yes

Re: Vietnam war broken

Post by AirCav »

This issue makes North Vietnam and North Korea disappear early in the game and its really boring. I truly hope they fix this in a future patch.
AirCav
Sergeant

Post by AirCav »

Overlord wrote:It's still broken with update 2, France conquers some territory for themselves and then comes the European and American horde which means NV is basically finished.
Exactly my point. I've seen every allied nation participate in the war in Vietnam even after patch 2. When seeing this unsolved i've decided to not start a new game until it's been fixed.
vahadar
Colonel

Post by vahadar »

If that was only applying to Vietnam that would be fine.

But in Vietnam we have 2 issues :
- the "not returning fire bug" that occur in colony with proxy war (exemple, as NV you cant return fire to USA units fighting from SV territory) discussed there : http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 66&t=19067
If fixed we can be sure that NATO reinforcements would be crushed when China is joining the game (occuring most time in very high volatility)
- the overwhelming proxy reinforcements from all NATO nations (thats about 1200-1800 units total if you manage to kill them all between 1949-1953 playing as North Vietnam) BUT which is normal by the proxy rules (and works accordingly unlike exemples under)

As someone is suggesting, proxy should be an option triggered when war is declared, not a "de facto" option.

Some other exemple where proxy is ruining the game :

The Ethiopian-Erythrean war

where Erythrea gets reinforcements from Yugoslavia, South Korea (why??? not even same sphere), Italia (why???), India and Ceylan

I suspect its normal for Yugoslavia, India and Ceylan because of same sphere, since we cant see mutal defense pact from other nations
No need to say Erythrea as no alliance beside english one (former colony)

The Israeli-Egyptian war
Here it's even worse
Even thou it's Israel that declares war, thus gaining a major blast in UN rating, the proxy war is playing in favor of Israel.

Italy, SouthKorea, Australia/NZ and many others just sends hundreds of units there, when NO ONE is helping Egypt from the Red sphere.
In this game Israel was allied with noone, so i suspect its because of the sphere rating only.

But as Balthagor wrote recently in the "Update 2 available" topic (but reply vanished since he merged 2 topics to make the "units not returning fire topic" in the supportéissuescategory) you need to be allied to possibly intervene in proxy war.

Which is definitly not the case for Israel and Erythrea in my games, unlike it is for France in the Vietnam war (all reinforcements are french allies).

So my queston are :
why is that? :D
because of Sphere, does sphere count in proxy even without alliance?
because of mutual defense? (that again i cant check anywhere)
am i totally wrong about how proxy is supposed to work? (be allied with a nation that is at war with someone else)
Last edited by vahadar on Nov 12 2011, edited 1 time in total.
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

vahadar wrote: So my queston are :
why is that? :D
because of Sphere?
because of mutual defense? (that again i cant check anywhere)
am i totally wrong about how proxy is supposed to work? (be allied with a nation that is at war with someone else)
Mutual defense or alliance. Both allow proxy wars. Thats all you need.
Sphere has no bearing.
the other issues are probably related to Colonies not properly clearing treaties when they declare independence.(ethiopia)
Si vis pacem, para bellum
my Supreme Ruler mods Site - May it rest in peace
vahadar
Colonel

Post by vahadar »

ok so i guess that's because of mutual defense then, would be nice if we could see them listed somewhere :wink: but i hardly see Erythrea with such pact with South Korea :D

It would make sense for Israel then, since all those countries share very good standing at game start which would make such treaty fairly possible after.

But why no love for Egypt from AI :)
AirCav
Sergeant

Post by AirCav »

It is really broken still.. I play as US and havent sent any tropps there. I do, however, supply North Vietnam with old tanks, infantry and i even got the BTR40b sent there. I did this to see if they had a chance, but they don't. All allies are coming and the Vietnam coast from Saigon up to Vinh is littered with hundreds and hundreds of units like there is a traffic jam or something. It is January 1952 now and the war is a stalemate. The allied units seem stuck and won't move from the traffic jam, NV sends at best two or three units at that horde and gets slaughtered.

WHat happens when the real "peace" is settled with France and NV ? should be in '54.
flashy
Lieutenant

Post by flashy »

funny about israel, i've never seen them accomplish anything in-game. they get steamrolled by the egyptians who annex it since the later updates

Return to “Issues & Support”