FOUND: The Reason for the Crashes.

Place bug reports / questions here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

mweil97479
Sergeant

Re: FOUND: The Reason for the Crashes.

Post by mweil97479 »

Hi. I just bought the game CW and it was working fine (even if the ai seems to have adhd when my ships and planes seem to go around in circles for no reason), but then I saved my game and even before it was complete the game crashed. |O I really love the game so can I play it pleeeeaaase . :wink: I still love 2020 but I am hooked on cw. Please make a new update soon with no crashes. I know that is a big order due to mountains of code, but it still would be cool to play. Thanks for all the hard work :-)
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Post by Balthagor »

Do you have the latest update version 7.2.2?

Are you using the autosave feature? If you have autosave on, you should have a savegame you can recover from.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
mweil97479
Sergeant

Post by mweil97479 »

I stagger save my game from 2 files for this reason, but it crashes every 5 mins or so. This makes the game very unplayable. :-( I love this game and I am watching very close to see if you guys find a fix. :-) I know this you all work very hard and have in the past, so I have high expectations. Just in case this doesnt get resolved I just want to say thanks for your hard work, its been fun.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Are you saying that with autosave on you can play for only 5mins before you get a crash caused by a corrupt savegame?

I still need your DXDiag file and if you're getting crashes this often I'd also like one of the savegames you're picking up from.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
caesar
Private

Post by caesar »

after i load a game it's always on pause mode and i can't play, it load correctly but it stop on pause mode, what should i do?
number47
General

Post by number47 »

caesar wrote:after i load a game it's always on pause mode and i can't play, it load correctly but it stop on pause mode, what should i do?
This happens to pirated versions...if you are not a pirate, contact BG on support@battlegoat.com and provide your serial code to them. If you are a pirate... :evil: |O
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr
mrgenie
Brigadier Gen.

Post by mrgenie »

number47 wrote: This happens to pirated versions...if you are not a pirate, contact BG on support@battlegoat.com and provide your serial code to them. If you are a pirate... :evil: |O
1) I don't experience crashes, so that's not the reason I'm answering.
2) The reason I do answer, is that you judge on people without knowledge about the reality.

I have a legal copy of the game. Because I got the game from gamersgate, i even asked Baltagor to check if my Key is legit, since I got it for 10EUR from their shop. So I think it's fair enough to say my key is legit.

But I do experience this "pause" issue from time to time, more often when playing multiplayer.. And then I have to exit back to the main menu, load again, and then I can play. With an non-cracked executable!

so before you claim everyone having some issues with this pause thing must be playing a pirated version, I'm 100% sure I'm not!
unless Gamersgate sells pirated versions to download and Baltagor checked my key wrong..

So before you jugde on people, think twice please. Maybe Gamersgate did sell me a pirated version, but as far as I'm concerned, I did everything I could to verify the legitimate of my copy (ask Baltagor) and thus it's not my fault if some day we find out gamersgate does sell pirated versions and offer pirated downloads.
[UI-MOD] All-In-One viewtopic.php?f=91&t=31906
mrgenie
Brigadier Gen.

Post by mrgenie »

caesar wrote:after i load a game it's always on pause mode and i can't play, it load correctly but it stop on pause mode, what should i do?
simply quit to main menu(don't exit the game) and reload the game, then you can play.
[UI-MOD] All-In-One viewtopic.php?f=91&t=31906
number47
General

Post by number47 »

mrgenie wrote:...
What is your problem? HUH Did you even read my post? If you did, try reading it again. :roll:

I'll help you...let's see
This happens to pirated versions...if you are not a pirate, contact BG on support@battlegoat.com and provide your serial code to them. If you are a pirate...
so I wouldn't say my first assumption was/is that he is pirate (someone can even have a pirated version without knowing it, thus the benefit of a doubt "if you are not a pirate"). Secondly, this issue was said by BG (I believe it was Balth but I'll have to check where it was mentioned and post a link) to be present in pirated versions. Also, I pointed the person to BG support, so maybe you should just calm down... :wink:
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

This thread is being closed as the issue in the OP no longer exists. If you have other issues, please start a new thread.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com

Return to “Issues & Support”