it crashes

Place bug reports / questions here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

michael63000
Colonel
Human: Yes

it crashes

Post by michael63000 »

a good year in without saving and bam. bummer because I was making good military progress, I had 500,000 men in europe, 50,000 men in Korea, 200,000 men in the Middle-East, 100,000 men in Africa, and 60,000 men in Vietnam. I was about to move my 500,000 men forward then BAM, CRASH, I swore in real life.
Come on guys.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Re: it crashes

Post by Balthagor »

Did you get the update? Are you running 7.0.71?
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
michael63000
Colonel

Post by michael63000 »

Yes I did, so far I'm in my new game, I have 70,000 troops in Africa, 30,000 in Europe, 100,000 in Asia fighting two wars, and 5,000 in the ME, year is 1950. Just conducted my first successful save as "autosave", saving with any other name crashes the program. Shall I mention that it crashed when I moved 500,000 troops all together, may be an overload?

EDIT: Sending an extra 200,000 troops to Asia. China thrusted forward on both the Korean front and the Vietnamese front. No crashes at this point.
edit 2: Just noticed something:

When trying to send units, their merchants ships reach the shore, do nothing and turn back going somewhere else, why?
Amonferrari
Warrant Officer

Post by Amonferrari »

Running the game with the update... had to restart my sandbox campaign because the game crashed previously and couldn´t ever load my savegame again..., but, after some 3 years into managing my economy, the game crashed... restarted again, and after managing my country again for some 2,5 years, it crashed again... I must confess it is a bit frustrating... Can´t even look at the game icon right now.... maybe tomorrow...
"x" - Amonferrari - (Most common saying in SR2020 chatrooms...)

"SR2020 Location: X:582 Y:528 , just in case you want a Nuclear revenge..."
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

michael63000 wrote:Yes I did, so far I'm in my new game, I have 70,000 troops in Africa, 30,000 in Europe, 100,000 in Asia fighting two wars, and 5,000 in the ME, year is 1950. Just conducted my first successful save as "autosave", saving with any other name crashes the program. Shall I mention that it crashed when I moved 500,000 troops all together, may be an overload?

EDIT: Sending an extra 200,000 troops to Asia. China thrusted forward on both the Korean front and the Vietnamese front. No crashes at this point.
edit 2: Just noticed something:

When trying to send units, their merchants ships reach the shore, do nothing and turn back going somewhere else, why?
Merchant marines have to have a port to land at. Try targeting them to the nearest port with the unload command.
Amonferrari wrote:Running the game with the update... had to restart my sandbox campaign because the game crashed previously and couldn´t ever load my savegame again..., but, after some 3 years into managing my economy, the game crashed... restarted again, and after managing my country again for some 2,5 years, it crashed again... I must confess it is a bit frustrating... Can´t even look at the game icon right now.... maybe tomorrow...
I personally noticed an increase in crashes when running on the higher speeds. Its anecdotal but try lowering your speed.I tend to play on normal personally and never see crashes. Noticed the crashes when testing my Mod on High speeds to make sure everything was working properly.

**note to BG
I think the crashes may be caused by some problem with scripted events and/or auto saving on higher speeds. Certain dates tend to trigger it when you have the speed turned all the way up. Again anecdotal based off my own observations.
Si vis pacem, para bellum
my Supreme Ruler mods Site - May it rest in peace
Chesehead
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Chesehead »

I seemed to have had the same crash when I finished certain tecs, but I simply restarted from the Auto save and kept trying multiple times. high yeild nuclear weapons production was a big one. I think it caused my USSR game to crash and corrupt the save files. :/
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

k, noted
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com

Return to “Issues & Support”