Industrial Goods disappearing

Place bug reports / questions here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

dbraaker
Lieutenant

Industrial Goods disappearing

Post by dbraaker »

Where do all those insane amoutns of industrial goods vanish? building takes around 1,6k per day, i produce around 5,6k and there is unsatisfied demand for more than 10k additionaly. Any chance to find out what uses them?
Eldin
Brigadier Gen.

Re: Industrial Goods disappearing

Post by Eldin »

Both consumer goods and military goods consume industry goods when they are produced.
Fistalis
General
Human: Yes

Post by Fistalis »

For future reference.
Click the production tab.
Choose the good you wanna check out.
Then click the 6th tab down on the right hand side labeled "materials"
youll see an area marked "consumption" that tells you whats using it. (remember itll be different depending on if you have the per day or per year view which can be tabbed on the top left hand corner of the screen next to your treasury and the clock)
Si vis pacem, para bellum
my Supreme Ruler mods Site - May it rest in peace
dbraaker
Lieutenant

Post by dbraaker »

Eldin wrote:Both consumer goods and military goods consume industry goods when they are produced.
yup, the amount displayed in the used tab is wrong obviously. it says <1m but instead consumer goods take all i can produce right from the start of the game.
kkania
Lieutenant

Post by kkania »

dbraaker wrote:
Eldin wrote:Both consumer goods and military goods consume industry goods when they are produced.
yup, the amount displayed in the used tab is wrong obviously. it says <1m but instead consumer goods take all i can produce right from the start of the game.
Maybe it gets traded away by the minister too?
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

dbraaker wrote:
thats daily you have it set to. If you watch it the minister will switch off between consumer goods military goods and construction etc. So one day all consumption might go to construction.. the next day all might go to consumer goods.

also that stands for less than 1 million tons.. could be anywhere up to 999999 tons being used by it. as the U.S. im only producing like 22000 tons a day .. so ya you can get a shortfall easy and itll say <1m tons
dbraaker
Lieutenant

Post by dbraaker »

Fistalis wrote:
dbraaker wrote:
thats daily you have it set to. If you watch it the minister will switch off between consumer goods military goods and construction etc. So one day all consumption might go to construction.. the next day all might go to consumer goods.

also that stands for less than 1 million tons.. could be anywhere up to 999999 tons being used by it. as the U.S. im only producing like 22000 tons a day .. so ya you can get a shortfall easy and itll say <1m tons
erm no. there is clearly an error, i cannot imagine that producing 1 unit consumer goods is meant to need 1 unit of industrial goods. if i do not build anything i need more than 15.000 units industrial per day goods just for the production of consumer goods, thats much more than my economy can reasonable produce. while pumping everything into consumer goods the statistic says less than 1m per day is used for consumer goods. so either the stats are wrong or the factors in the code are.

edit: i just realized those stats are wrong for almost every good, just see electricity
Eldin
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Eldin »

Are you building any roads and\or rails per chance? Constructing any bridges? Repairing anything? All of those functions require Ind. Goods as well.
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

dbraaker wrote:
erm no. there is clearly an error, i cannot imagine that producing 1 unit consumer goods is meant to need 1 unit of industrial goods. if i do not build anything i need more than 15.000 units industrial per day goods just for the production of consumer goods, thats much more than my economy can reasonable produce. while pumping everything into consumer goods the statistic says less than 1m per day is used for consumer goods. so either the stats are wrong or the factors in the code are.

edit: i just realized those stats are wrong for almost every good, just see electricity
No its not a 1 for 1 basis. I produce something like 70,000 consumer goods and it consumes around 39000 tons of industrial goods. I only produce 22000 tons of industrial goods though.(rest is imported)

This is all daily and in the report it states <1m tons daily for consumer goods. Which while not specific is correct. 39000 tons a day is LESS THAN 1 MILLION tons a day.

now electric power is clearly bugged but its probably just the wrong unit. Tons there should be MWH. the numbers looks right to me.
Last edited by Fistalis on Jul 20 2011, edited 2 times in total.
Eldin
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Eldin »

the <1m could do with an improvement as it's not really helpful to know that you consume less than 1 million of said goods per day. Ideally it should be <1K.
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

Eldin wrote:the <1m could do with an improvement as it's not really helpful to know that you consume less than 1 million of said goods per day. Ideally it should be <1K.
That i'll agree to. the <1m is probably left over from 2020 when it wasnt uncommon for nations to be producing massive amounts of goods. Tbh there's enough UI space there you shouldnt need to measure it in millions or thousands. the complete number should fit just fine.
dbraaker
Lieutenant

Post by dbraaker »

Fistalis wrote:
dbraaker wrote:

No its not a 1 for 1 basis. I produce something like 70,000 consumer goods and it consumes around 39000 tons of industrial goods. I only produce 22000 tons of industrial goods though.(rest is imported)

This is all daily and in the report it states <1m tons daily for consumer goods. Which while not specific is correct. 39000 tons a day is LESS THAN 1 MILLION tons a day.

now electric power is clearly bugged but its probably just the wrong unit. Tons there should be MWH
oh yes you are right :) units should be changed there i think
BigWolf
Brigadier Gen.

Post by BigWolf »

Fistalis wrote:
Eldin wrote:the <1m could do with an improvement as it's not really helpful to know that you consume less than 1 million of said goods per day. Ideally it should be <1K.
That i'll agree to. the <1m is probably left over from 2020 when it wasnt uncommon for nations to be producing massive amounts of goods. Tbh there's enough UI space there you shouldnt need to measure it in millions or thousands. the complete number should fit just fine.
Agreed that it doesn't really need to be shown in millions anymore

Return to “Issues & Support”