Freezes regularly

Place bug reports / questions here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

2dme
Sergeant

Freezes regularly

Post by 2dme »

Okay, so i get regular freezes that occur between 1 and 30 days of starting a game, i can save and load fine, but the game randomly locks up regardless of what i do or who i play as. Tried in compatibility mode and with admin privilages, re install, driver updates and all the usual stuff, but nothing seems to work. If i get to alt+tab before it crashes i notice that resource consumption seems to increase lots and lots every second i play, so could be a memory leak?

My specs are
Windows 7 x64
AMD 955 BE @ 3.9GHz (tried with standard clocks, no difference)
AMD 6990 GPU
8GB RAM @ 1066MHz
Asus Xonar D2X sound card
ange10
Lieutenant
Human: Yes

Re: Freezes regularly

Post by ange10 »

2dme wrote:Okay, so i get regular freezes that occur between 1 and 30 days of starting a game, i can save and load fine, but the game randomly locks up regardless of what i do or who i play as. Tried in compatibility mode and with admin privilages, re install, driver updates and all the usual stuff, but nothing seems to work. If i get to alt+tab before it crashes i notice that resource consumption seems to increase lots and lots every second i play, so could be a memory leak?

My specs are
Windows 7 x64
AMD 955 BE @ 3.9GHz (tried with standard clocks, no difference)
AMD 6990 GPU
8GB RAM @ 1066MHz
Asus Xonar D2X sound card
i think so 2, i played a game, over time the performance dropped and dropped, i then reloaded the game and it was pretty smooth...
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

Noticed a gradual reduction in performance thats fixed by restarting the app myself. Won't say its a mem leak but sure acts like it. (Note im not freezing up though.. just gets choppier and laggier until i save.. exit out and reload the game. At which point it runs smooth again for a few hours but slowly degrades again.)
Si vis pacem, para bellum
my Supreme Ruler mods Site - May it rest in peace
2dme
Sergeant

Post by 2dme »

What specs is everyone using? Might make a difference in effects
ange10
Lieutenant

Post by ange10 »

2dme wrote:What specs is everyone using? Might make a difference in effects
3.2ghz quad core intel (oc)
gtx 260
4 gigs of ddr 2 ram
2dme
Sergeant

Post by 2dme »

Well, it seems i may have solved my freezing issue. I decided to play it in windowed mode and that seems to have worked (although its not actually in a window, its fullscreen when playing..) My guess is it could've been something to do with Aero desktop clashing with it

EDIT: I was wrong, it happened again after about 2 hours of playing time, still, at least i can actually play it now

EDIT 2: Well i was wrong about playing it. Seems thats not the issue after all, it still crashes.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Have you seen this again since the update was released?
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com

Return to “Issues & Support”