Re: crash when loading game

Post by cdeeks »

i have sent you some SAV files tht dnt load. thnks
cdeeks
Sergeant
Human: Yes

Post by cdeeks »

Found this online dunno if this will help anyone fixing this problem but its worth a shot.

File Extension SAV Description:

The .sav file extension can be opened under various platforms and operating systems. There are no specific types of applications which can only use the .sav file extension with the application modules. However, the file format .sav is most commonly found in gaming applications.

Gaming applications use the .sav file extension to keep the configurations, game play objects and characters within the application's proper directory for the user's next gaming session. Basically, the .sav file extension has no file generation limit. However, due to heavy and complex gaming values, some applications have a set limit of how many files of the .sav format the housing application would only be capable of accommodating. Since there are a wide variety of applications which implement the .sav file extension in saving the operation's current values, the .sav file extension is what is known as a common file.

Unlike some file extensions, files of the .sav format cannot be opened by directly loading the file. The accommodating application must be opened first before the .sav files could be loaded.

Applications get constant updates from the publisher's web site every now and then. Sometimes, there are also upgrades affecting the sector which generates the .sav file extensions. Such upgrades improve the strength, value and quality of the .sav files to be generated. Files of the .sav extension are excluded from direct synchronization.
testin
Sergeant

Post by testin »

Balthagor wrote:@testin - please zip and e-mail savegame to support@battlegoatcom, reference ticket 15905.

@stephen - please zip and e-mail savegame to support@battlegoatcom, reference ticket 15906.
done
cdeeks
Sergeant

Post by cdeeks »

ok here is what i have done seems to be working ok (FOR NOW :-? )

I reinstalled the update even when the update wasd installed then i ran the game from the exe tht was in the program files and i ran it as administartor.been loading and saving like mad and it has been good for now. :wink:
Legend
General

Post by Legend »

It seems that we have narrowed down the most frequently reported crash to games that started with the option of "start game with no units" turned on. We have isolated the problem and it should be fixed for update 1. We do not know at this time if those savegames will be recoverable when the update is applied. So, for now, please avoid this game option.

- Daxon
wobber
Corporal

Post by wobber »

My savegame is not a "start game with no unit" game and it stil crashs
Playdoe
Sergeant

Post by Playdoe »

I've had the same problem ...Everytime I try to manually save it crashes..then I applied autosave thinking it would solve the problem..it does until I try to load the game later on. System crashes again. The other day I played the game so long I just left it running in fear I would loose all I had done, but this is no answer....PLEASE HELP!! Great strategy to keep you playing Battlegoat...all jokes aside please fix it.
You don't have to be straight to be in the military; you just have to be able to shoot straight. ~Barry Goldwater
pDimflAn
Corporal

Post by pDimflAn »

wobber wrote:My savegame is not a "start game with no unit" game and it stil crashs
same here...
When starting a game, either campaign or sandbox, the only setting I change is the victory condition to complete
And after my saved game crashed when loading, I erased it and tried to start a new one but this time it crashed while saving...
funkyborg
Private

Post by funkyborg »

hi, i used to have a lot of crashes when trying to save the game manually or when autosave was on.
I think i found a temp fix for this. At least for 2 days now i save and load frequently with no crashes.
Basically all you need to do is pause the game, and choose the STATE TAB from the bottom left corner.
Then you can proceed and save your game. DONT try to overwrite your old saved games. it will crash again.
Legend
General

Post by Legend »

Is anyone trying any special game settings from the popup windows in the game lobbies?

- Daxon
Tioz
Sergeant

Post by Tioz »

Hi, can i also have a ticket Number ? I will send you a savegame this evening (CET).

- I did not start the game without Units
- Playing as West Germany in Sandbox mode

I got 2 Savegames, the first "Deutschland" is working, the second "autosave", maybe 1 week ingame time later is not working anymore. I checked out the files on the harddisk. The working one is 10 mb, the autosave is only 5mb.

Maybe you can reproduce the error if you are running the "Deutschland" savegame with full speed and the autosave option to daily save.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

@Tioz, ticket 15983, thanks! Please send to support@battlegoat.com
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
tkobo
Supreme Ruler
Location: In a vast zionist plot ...RIGHT BEHIND YOU ! Oh Noes !

Post by tkobo »

Crashes, crashes, and more crashes....

I took a save off my one machine (xp) and transferred it to another (win7),and the game started okay,but when i clicked on the military build window button it crashed.

So i started it again, and clicked on it again, and it crashed again.

So i started it again,and this time didnt click on the build button for the first day,doing so on the second day and it didnt crash.It then ran fine for a couple of game months,then just crashed out of the blue.

I made saves along this time,to try and make sure i didnt lose that much playtime.

So..... i loaded one up and started it again,clicked on the build window button,and it crashed again.

So i started it up again,and let it run and in a few days it simply crashed

and again.
This post approved by Tkobo:Official Rabble Rouser of the United Yahoos
Chuckle TM
tkobo
Supreme Ruler
Location: In a vast zionist plot ...RIGHT BEHIND YOU ! Oh Noes !

Post by tkobo »

the game is now continually crashing on may 30 1962 at the point it would start may 31.
IE end day of the 30th/start day of the 31rst
This post approved by Tkobo:Official Rabble Rouser of the United Yahoos
Chuckle TM
Legend
General

Post by Legend »

Can you send your savegame to me tkobo? daxon@battlegoat.com Ticket # 15987

- Daxon

Return to “Issues & Support”