crash when loading game

Place bug reports / questions here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Overlord
Lt. Colonel

Re: crash when loading game

Post by Overlord »

Balthagor wrote:
Overlord wrote:All my saves crash as soon as I press "load".
Do you have the update to 7.0.71? Did you try making a new savegame and loading that?
No, I was on 7.0.1, I updated to the latest version and now the saves load fine.
Overlord
wobber
Corporal
Human: Yes

Post by wobber »

I crash about every two mins now :( I have tried to make a new save game but that only helps for about 5 mins. I have also tried to play with a slower game speed, but that didn't help.

I got 7.0.71
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Snowpig wrote:EDIT: sending
Got it, confirmed. Thanks.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

wobber wrote:I crash about every two mins now :( I have tried to make a new save game but that only helps for about 5 mins. I have also tried to play with a slower game speed, but that didn't help.

I got 7.0.71
So f you save and reload you get a little further in the game? That sounds different than what others are reporting. Did I understand you correctly?
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
pcoud
Lieutenant

Post by pcoud »

Balthagor wrote:
pcoud wrote:...As far as I am concerned...
Sorry, just want to be 100% clear, this should be yes or no, not an opinion.

Are you loading the same save game and is it crashing at the same date/time?
ALL my saves crash. One particular save does not necessarily crash exactly at the same date / time if I reload it several times, but it crashes each time. As the OP said it takes between a few seconds and 20 seconds (probably depending on game speed, but not sure of that).
wobber
Corporal

Post by wobber »

Yes so I thought. But now it just keeps crashing at 27th Jan 1960 at 10:00 am
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

pcoud wrote:
Balthagor wrote:
pcoud wrote:...As far as I am concerned...
Sorry, just want to be 100% clear, this should be yes or no, not an opinion.

Are you loading the same save game and is it crashing at the same date/time?
ALL my saves crash. One particular save does not necessarily crash exactly at the same date / time if I reload it several times, but it crashes each time. As the OP said it takes between a few seconds and 20 seconds (probably depending on game speed, but not sure of that).
then if you could pick one that you think is most likely to crash and zip and send it please? Ticket#15895 in the subject please.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Have you sent it to me? You can also use ticket 15895.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
pcoud
Lieutenant

Post by pcoud »

[/quote]

then if you could pick one that you think is most likely to crash and zip and send it please? Ticket#15895 in the subject please.[/quote]

Sent.

BUT: in the meantime I have uninstalled and reinstalled the game. I have been playing for more than 30 mns, with multiple saves and multiple loads, ... and no problem at all so far. No clue why. One difference between these 2 installations is that I did not install the game in C:\program files the 2nd time, but directly under C:\ (I am running Vista and already had a couple of issues with some games installed under C:\program files). Also, this time the game was automatically upgraded to 7.0.71 while when I installed it the first time, 7.0.71 was not yet released (I upgraded afterwards).
cdeeks
Sergeant

Post by cdeeks »

HI seems a lot of ppl are having this problem i am one of them exact same situation none of my saves wher loading atall in the first version and same problem with update installed. is there going to be a patch or a fix for this as am prety cheesed of about this as i have been waiting a long time for this game to be released. thnks
wobber
Corporal

Post by wobber »

Is there any workaround out there? Or is there coming a hotfix soon? Right now the game is rather unplayable :cry:
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

@wobber - I haven't seen a savegame from you yet, requested above twice. Until I can see the problem I can't offer a suggestion

@cdeeks - the update should have resolved the loading but (we do apologize for that...). If it didn't, perhaps the patch didn't install properly. Did you try an uninstall/reinstall? If you do it now, it will grab and install the update during the installation so there's no extra step.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
testin
Sergeant

Post by testin »

For me every savegame I made in version 7.0 does work in version 7.0.71 (they did NOT work in 7.0), all 7.0.71 savegames dont work for me right now.

EDIT: I can load a 7.0 savegame play a bit save it and it does work, no matter what 7.0.71 savegame I try to save it crashes when I load it after a few secs
stephen
Lt. Colonel

Post by stephen »

Crashes after loading the save, i have update 0 installed
"There are no desperate situations, there are only desperate people"

~Heinz Guderian~
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

@testin - please zip and e-mail savegame to support@battlegoatcom, reference ticket 15905.

@stephen - please zip and e-mail savegame to support@battlegoatcom, reference ticket 15906.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com

Return to “Issues & Support”