crash when loading game

Place bug reports / questions here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

domcoppinger
Colonel
Human: Yes

Re: crash when loading game

Post by domcoppinger »

Balthagor wrote:There were some early comments about users having the corrupt savegames from saving manually.

Also, when we do our 4-6 hour 3-5 player test games we are using autosave = 1 day on all systems, still haven't encountered a corrupt savegame. This one is really elusive...
Prehaps you should try with varying autosave lengths, it just seems that people are only having issues with the longer autosaves.
Much Thanks

- [On the topic of timelines] "Time isn't made of lines, it is made of circles, that's why clocks are round!" - Unknown-

Number 46-48
SGTscuba
General

Post by SGTscuba »

I have had a few crashes when playing SP with autosave on, but the way I got it to stop crashing was manaully saving every 20-30 mins. Gonna try daily saving though see if it makes a difference so I can then let it run while I am in lectures. (get a couple of months done then)

The game seems to be running much smoother with 1 day autosaves instead of 30 day autosaves, dunno if is me or what? (same savegame with same settings too)
My SR:U Model Project, get the latest and post suggestions here:

http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=28040
domcoppinger
Colonel

Post by domcoppinger »

Yeah I am the same, seems to me that it is rather counter intuitive, in that the more often you save the less it impacts performance! Also I have never had any trouble with the autosave crashing my game!
Much Thanks

- [On the topic of timelines] "Time isn't made of lines, it is made of circles, that's why clocks are round!" - Unknown-

Number 46-48
sparky282
Colonel

Post by sparky282 »

Running with the 1day auto save crashes my game every 10mins ish i was just using the opposite auto save

but now both have crashed corrupted losing me about 4hours of game play 8_

i have tired manual saving but this will also on some occasions crash the game meaning i can lose 20 or 30mins of game time

the game is currently totally unplayable for me

is there any light at the end of the tunnel regarding this issue?
domcoppinger
Colonel

Post by domcoppinger »

Just out of interest, what type of crash do you experience?

I ask because I am currently experiencing utterly random crashes, in which my entire computer freezes and I have to do a hard restart...

However these don't seem to be associated with anything at all and I am just wondering if more people might be suffering from this same issue..!
Much Thanks

Number 46-48
number47
General

Post by number47 »

I experienced all kinds of crashes. Freeze you mentioned, bla bla bla application has encountered error and needs to close window, simple crash to desktop with no messages, etc.

But I've surpassed all that and now I am at a place of eternal peace and serenity 8)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr
sparky282
Colonel

Post by sparky282 »

application has encountered error and needs to close window, simple crash to desktop with no messages, etc.

thats what i get its down to the auto save its the only issue i have with the game and its really annoying
number47
General

Post by number47 »

sparky282 wrote:thats what i get its down to the auto save its the only issue i have with the game and its really annoying
I don't know, I'm haven't crashed yet while using 1 or 7 day autosave setting...but did crash with no autosave HUH
I think it is something else...
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr
sparky282
Colonel

Post by sparky282 »

^^^ my issue isnt its a save issue with autosave off its fine however it even crashes when i save manually
domcoppinger
Colonel

Post by domcoppinger »

Well its official, my game is nigh on unplayable because of the freezes. It has reached the point where I would love to play but I dread the constant restarting of my computer just to be able to play for a short while!
Much Thanks

Number 46-48
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

domcoppinger wrote:Well its official, my game is nigh on unplayable because of the freezes. It has reached the point where I would love to play but I dread the constant restarting of my computer just to be able to play for a short while!
That sounds different that the thread topic. If your system is freezing, that's something we're not seeing others reporting.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
sparky282
Colonel

Post by sparky282 »

any updates on this i would quite like to be able to play lol.

i even have the issue while manual saving
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

The search continues but someone offered a possible new breadcrumb.

What setting are ppl using for the "Random Events" option?
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Aragos
General

Post by Aragos »

Mine is normally 'low.' I've had the crashes as well, but not sure if autosave is the culprit.
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

Balthagor wrote:The search continues but someone offered a possible new breadcrumb.

What setting are ppl using for the "Random Events" option?
Never touched it since As far as i can tell random events didn't make the transition. So it has been on default. (Low)
Personally it seems like a crash is more likely at Fastest speed, but it could just be coincidence.
Si vis pacem, para bellum
my Supreme Ruler mods Site - May it rest in peace

Return to “Issues & Support”