crash when loading game

Place bug reports / questions here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

number47
General
Human: Yes

Re: crash when loading game

Post by number47 »

jks_AsPac wrote:Although I think number47 is also experiencing the same problem as myself. I will wait for the official patch hopefully curing that problem one way or another. For now, I guess the 1 day autosave will have to do. But really good job with the game, I really appreciate it. :)
My problem is that for some reason my digital copy doesn't like the manual update and has a tendency to crash randomly. The crash can come after 10 min or after 3 hours, there is no rule (the only consistency is it crashes directly to desktop with no MS error messages and there is a 1kb autosave file left - so basicly the crash happens during the creation of autosave file). Also, as I find spies bugged (infinitive number of spies and all other stuff) I never use them in SR:CW so my crashes have nothing to do with problems BG already identified. :-?
jks_AsPac wrote:Also, is there a way to have multiple autosaves for one game? So just in case it crashes, at the least 1 or 2 autosave files will not be corrupted.
You have two (2) alternating autosaves now so I don't see the need for more. If you crash, load the last autosave and save the game immediately on a regular save file to ensure you have a reserve just in case. :wink:
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

The autosave system creates alternating saves, there are two created already.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

Was this issue ever cleared up fully? Or was it simply reduced by reducing save game size.. reason I ask is its apparently common for some people while using my modern world mod.. which having so much extra stuff is likely to have a much larger save file.

http://fistalis.proboards.com/index.cgi ... =81&page=4

That is a crash when saving and the resulting file being 1kb. I haven't confirmed it personally but it seems to be a few people who frequent my forums have all ran into the issue.
Si vis pacem, para bellum
my Supreme Ruler mods Site - May it rest in peace
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

See if you can get that savegame from the guy. We were never able to recreate the issue, so it's hard to say if it's gone. It's not crashing on my system but it never did.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
number47
General

Post by number47 »

I don't think savegame would do any good since I was never able to recreate the crash at the same point, it would happen again but not for some time...maybe it is time related (session duration under heavy strain from extra stuff in his mod HUH )? This might be completely idiotic remark since I don't know what actually happens technically during the autosave creation...
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Well that guy was saying "within 5-6 days" which is a very tight window.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

Balthagor wrote:Well that guy was saying "within 5-6 days" which is a very tight window.
Ya i have the save and no crash for me after over a month.. i can still forward it to you if you want... but i imagine if im not seeing the crash you won't either.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

you're probably right, but send it anyway. Maybe we'll get lucky.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

Balthagor wrote:you're probably right, but send it anyway. Maybe we'll get lucky.
Sent
Subject: Potential crash save (unconfirmed)

Return to “Issues & Support”