Unit Errata

Place bug reports / questions here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

number47
General
Human: Yes

Re: Unit Errata

Post by number47 »

You seem to have mixed standard for naming USSR/Russian anti-air systems so I'll provide both NATO and GRAU/russian designation for units I think are named incorrectly or present incorrect mix of NATO/GRAU combo. :wink:

Unit 5329 "2S6M Tunguska". The actual AA system is correctly named either "SA-19 Grison" (NATO) or "2K22 Tunguska" (GRAU). (2S6M is name of the vehicle, not the system itself)
Unit 5437 "S-1 Pantsyr". The actual system is named either "SA-22 Greyhound" or "Pantsir-S1".
Unit 5703 "SA-20 S-400 Triumf". Should be either „SA-20 Gargoyle" or „S-300PMU Favorit“ (depending on which version does it actually represent). SA-20 is designation for later versions of S-300 system while S-400 is named SA-21)
Unit 5699 "SA-21 Gator". Should be either „SA-21 Growler" or „S-400 Triumf“.
Unit 5620 "SA-9M31M Gaskin". It should be either „SA-9 Gaskin“ or „9K31 Strela-1“. (9M31M is the designaton for the missile not the system)

These are Chinese:
Unit 5682 "S-300PMU1". Since this is Chineese unit, it should be either „HQ-10“ or „Hongqi-10“ to aviod confusion with Russian units.
Unit 5708 "S-400 Triumf". For reasons same as above, it should be named either „HQ-15“ or „Hongqi-15

[_]O I know this is a long shot since I can't see a pattern in what way the equipment list is updated but never the less, I hope this, and other suggestions I made here will eventually make it in.
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr
Hullu Hevonen
General

Post by Hullu Hevonen »

I agree BG should be consistent, hmm, maybe i'll fix these until 1.7.x of my mod, make that update an unit name update...

Anyways I fast read some pages back about techs not being time restricted or to have the ability to time restrict(like the old tech lvl system). I found this a pain in the *** at earlier versions of End of an Era(countries researching some units too fast etc), but finally punched through it by making tons of new techs as prerequisites, now when thats done I see the use and the reality that not having this restrictive ability adds.

Another solution to add restrictiveness would be to add techs each century or so that have to be researched before you can research more
Happy Linux user!
Links: List of Mods
Col_Travis
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Col_Travis »

I currently have six pages of unit errata from CW and rold-over from 2020/GC, my favorite is unit#20485 wrong sensors, wrong range (nm instead of km), amphibious unit (land not naval) can't be put out to sea. I have two pages of air units that use combat radius instead of range, four pages of land and naval units that use miles instead of km's. I've been overseas, so I havn't been able to get these in yet.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Col_Travis wrote:I currently have six pages of unit errata from CW and rold-over from 2020/GC, my favorite is unit#20485 wrong sensors, wrong range (nm instead of km), amphibious unit (land not naval) can't be put out to sea. I have two pages of air units that use combat radius instead of range, four pages of land and naval units that use miles instead of km's. I've been overseas, so I havn't been able to get these in yet.
If you have that much, might worth putting it into a spreadsheet. You could empty the equipment list modding spreadsheet and add the lines where you've found potential corrections.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Hullu Hevonen
General

Post by Hullu Hevonen »

I would also be interestedin such corrections
Happy Linux user!
Links: List of Mods
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Maybe I'll set up a shared Google doc...
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
MK4
Colonel

Post by MK4 »

@Col_Travis any chance to post those issues/corrections? I`d be interested to see those notes.
Col_Travis
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Col_Travis »

MK4 wrote:@Col_Travis any chance to post those issues/corrections? I`d be interested to see those notes.
Sorry I've been gone, just got back from Deadhorse (ie Prudhoe Bay, AK) winter at the North Pole with Santa.

Return to “Issues & Support”