O ok I never seen it before in SR2020.
You plastic soldiers i will turn you in to real soldiers

CPO Mzinyati
hoddized
Colonel

Re: Unit Errata

Post by hoddized »

Balthagor wrote:
hoddized wrote:Chinese type 63 tank is just called "Amphibious Light Tank" IIRC.

Edit: AKA WZ211 or ZTS63
Screenshot please? Not seeing an error...

See attached.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
stuguy909
Colonel
Human: Yes

Japan Tank Errata

Post by stuguy909 »

The Japanese J-74 (Type-74) is too weak and too early in the time line. The J-74 was modeled after a slightly upgraded M-60 Patton, with some newer technologies taken from the MBT-70 project that was cancelled.

In my post here:
http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 73#p126973
I discussed the missing J-61 (Type-61), that should have, at a minimum, the stats of the current J-74, and then the updated J-74 should be on par with, if not better than, the M-60 Patton.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Type_74_Nana-yon
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Type_61
Last edited by stuguy909 on Jul 26 2011, edited 4 times in total.
stuguy909
Colonel

Japan Jet Errata

Post by stuguy909 »

AT-4CV VS F-4
The Japanese AT-4CV Tactical bomber comes before the F-4 Multi-role fighter in the current game timeline. The F-4 has better range, speed, armor, and a higher tech requirement, at the moment. However, the AT-4CV has better soft target attack, and MUCH better Air to Air Range (90+km). I am confused about the necessity of the F-4 multirole fighter when the AT-4CV has slightly better/different weapons. I would assume the F-4's should be slightly better, or at least, the AT-4CV should be made available later and slightly improved/revised for game balancing or replaced with the F-1. I just found it odd to have a superior plane but worse weapons platforms as I progressed.

:EDIT: I can find no mention of the AT-4CV on the internet. You must have found it in a book.

F-1 needs to be available sooner, perhaps replace the AT-4CV
The F-1 is based on the UK's Jaguar and T-38 Talon. I actually came across this unit at the same time as the multi-role F-2 mentioned above in the early 80's, late 70's tech level era. Funny thing is that the F-1 was Japan's first domestically produced Jet Fighter after WW2, all the way into the 1970's. It would be comparible to the Jaguar, F-5 Freedom Fighter, and maybe the F-4. By the time the F-1 was constructed, the technology in the F-1 would have been slightly better than the initial F-4 Phantom II, however, the older F-4 was just a superior plane, flight wise. Though the F-4 is older in comparison to time built, Japan lagged behind the US greatly in military development, and the F-4EJ would later replace the F-1 in preference. Japan flies many F-4EJ Kais改, F-15J's, and recently the F-2's. The F-1 is being replaced by the F-4EJ Kai改 and the superior F-2.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mitsubishi_F-1

F-2 newer but weaker than F-15J
The F-2 was unlocked rather early; I have some technologies from the early 80's, and the year is 1960 (not concerned about game year). My highest techs place me in the early 80's at best, yet the F-2 was based on the F-16 block 40, but made larger and more technologically advanced. It was proposed to be a cheaper alternative to the F-15J and F-15J Kai改 in the early 1990's and didn't see fruition until 2000. The Eagle Kai改 should actually come before or at the same time as the F-2, technology wise. The F-2 should be rated just below the F-15J's performance and capability, but be cheaper and easier to produce than the more expensive F-15. The F-2 should also be superior to any variant of the F-16 Falcon. :EDIT: There should only be 1 F-2. The F-2A, unlocked later, would suffice.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mitsubishi_F-15J
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mitsubishi_F-2

related thread "doesn't appear": http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 84#p126984

改 = Kai (modified / change)

The American interceptor Variant from SR2020, the F-15RC Eagle Kai, should actually be Japanese. The US uses no "Kai" designation.
Last edited by stuguy909 on Jul 27 2011, edited 1 time in total.
stuguy909
Colonel

F-4 Phantom II

Post by stuguy909 »

The F-4 Phantom II needs some re-working. Preferably more variants, and variants relative to a few nations, if possible.

Base unit F-4 Phantom II. Should have crappy Air to Air capability, but decent ground attack role for it's era. Must be an improvement over the F-105 Thunderchief. Should be the base model requirement for all nations who wish to build it.

F-4A, B, J, N and S
Variants for the U.S. Navy and the U.S. Marines. F-4B was upgraded to F-4N, and F-4J was upgraded to F-4S. B was a ground attack used by the Marines. The N was an upgraded variant later replaced by the F-14. The J isn't to be confused with the Japanese EJ. J and S carried Air to Air missiles (interceptor). These were all the CTOL variants. Along with the RF-4B (recon) and the Wild Weasel. These should be available to all nations desiring to build the F-4, so long as they have the F-4 PhantomII, and the technology requirements seperating the weapons systems from the tac bombers B & N, and interceptor J & S.

F-4C, D and E
Variants for the U.S. Air Force. F-4E introduced an internal M61 Vulcan cannon. The F-4D and E were the most numerously built, widely exported, and also extensively used under the Semi Automatic Ground Environment (SAGE) U.S. air defense system. C has the worst weapon system out of the 3, D is 2nd, and E is the best. These models should be available to any nation that desires to build the F-4, so long as they have the F-4 Phantom II and techs that illustrate the upgrade level between the weapon systems on the C, D, and E.

F-4G Wild Weasel V
A dedicated SEAD variant with updated radar and avionics, converted from F-4E. There were earlier versions of the wild weasel, but the Weasel V was the last, and probably the most deadly variant of the F-4. This model was not exported. Should be available to the US with early 1980's, late 1970's tech and the F-4E.

F-4K and M
Variants for the British military re-engined with Rolls-Royce Spey turbofans. (Faster, better fuel econ than US Phantom II, weapons were actually quite similar to US variants). Should be unlockable with the UK if the F-4 Phantom II and some late 1970's avionics are acquired. The UK shouldn't build B, N, J, or S.

F-4EJ
Simplified F-4E exported to and license-built in Japan. Systems were designed and integrated with Japanese tech (not too shabby). Should be unlockable at the late 1970's, early 1980's tech era. The Japanese should only use the F-4EJ, and the EJ Kai. These were the only planes (RF-4E included) licensed for Japan. CTOL should be given for game balancing. The Phantom II base model should, of course, be a requirement for all nations desiring to build their own models.

F-4EJ Kai
A heavily modified, more modernized version of the F-4 that is still used today by the Japanese Defense Force. It will be phased out by continued purchase of the F-15 and the acruement of the F-35. Should be made available with early 1990's, late 1980's tech.

F-4F
Simplified F-4E exported to Germany (Systems were designed and integrated by the Germans, don't make them angry with bad stats) The F-4F was actually quite good, perhaps better than a normal E, but worse than the Wild Wiesel V.

RF-4B, C, and E
Tactical reconnaissance variants. View range and capability should increase starting with B, then C, and E. All nations mentioned above should have access to the RF-4's. These should be CTOL.

Israel made a Kurnass 2000 variant in the 1980's. It was probably the most sophisticated F-4 built.

Nations with export models of F-4E:

Iran
Greece
Egypt
Japan
Germany
UK
Spain
Turkey
Israel
Australia
South Korea

Nations with export models should have the F-4 Phantom II, the RF-4B, C, & E, and the F-4E Phantom II at a minimum. Iran had the F-4D and E, along with RF Variants. Exceptions to the rule would be Japan, Germany, and the UK. Perhaps only USA, Japan, Germany, and UK be allowed to build the phantom. The Phantom can be sold to nations without licenses.
vahadar
Colonel

Post by vahadar »

Mig-21R Fishbed-H Recce has very low stats for a bomber (4 soft/hard attack) when 32 air attack. Interceptor?
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

No, it's a recon version, has less weapons.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
vahadar
Colonel

Post by vahadar »

Balthagor wrote:No, it's a recon version, has less weapons.
oki, its listed in Tactical Bomber thou just fyi, maybe need to move it to patrol/awacs?

edit : also KA-6D Intruder Tanker has 19000+ km range, iirc in SR2020 it was like 1900km?
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

The unit is an oddity, been trouble since SR2010. It'll stay where it is, we've reviewed it enough.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
stuguy909
Colonel

A couple of tanks

Post by stuguy909 »

The M26 Pershing has a 90mm gun with 28 Hard attack. The M46A1 PATTON (not Pershing) that supersedes the M26 Pershing has the same 90mm gun, but 21 hard attack. In reality, the M64A1 Patton should be better than the M26 Pershing in every category. The M47, 48, and 60 Pattons, should all be better than the one before it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M46_Patton
vahadar
Colonel

Post by vahadar »

Unsure it was reported already

but japan can research AT-4CV bomber from start (tech lvl 117)
Pioneer199@aol.com
Lieutenant

Post by Pioneer199@aol.com »

I'm in the tech era of the early 80's maybe late 70's, i'm finishing up research on the nighthawk stealth fighter, and my first ohio class sub just finished construction; its tech level is 106 lol, may need some tweeking
Juergen
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Juergen »

A lot of the USSRs air defense units are far to easy to research, among them are the SA-8 and SA-20.
They are available to research right from the start in 1950.
vahadar
Colonel

Post by vahadar »

Juergen wrote:A lot of the USSRs air defense units are far to easy to research, among them are the SA-8 and SA-20.
They are available to research right from the start in 1950.
i think they knew about this already ;) in fact all AA units are messed up, but you can find somewhere in this forum section a .SAV file someone modified to "balance" that, thou its just a quick fix, but AA is more year related now

edit : if someone else remember the link, cant seem to find it again
edit : ah found it again its now in the mod section : http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 65&t=18398
hoddized
Colonel

Post by hoddized »

Looks like the missile capable units (on land at least) only fire while moving again... don't know if it has been mentioned.

Return to “Issues & Support”