Changing the starting date

This forum has been archived. Please use the new modding forum. If you need to retrieve a thread from here, contact BattleGoat.

Moderators: Balthagor, BattleGoat

irfanahmed1979
Major
Human: Yes

Changing the starting date

Post by irfanahmed1979 »

In a custom scenario, can the starting date be changed? If so how?

If for example the date is set somewhere in 1947, does that mean that the USSR will not have developed the atomic bomb?
number47
General

Re: Changing the starting date

Post by number47 »

Starting date is just a date. It is not connected to the known techs, those have to be adjusted in the .CVP file (the same file where you change the population, as you asked in another thread). Starting date is set in the scenario file, if I'm not mistaken.
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr
irfanahmed1979
Major

Post by irfanahmed1979 »

thanks. So can the population be changed from the refpopulation field (or something like that)? Does it work?

I have tried changing the lifexpectancy of all my regions to 98% however in the game the number of deaths at the start still hovers around 50% of the number of births. So will changing the population value amount to something tangible or will it only be a marginal change?
number47
General

Post by number47 »

Well, if a certain nation has 10M population and you change it to 100M, than it will now have 100m population, but since the other variables are often done in % not sure what will you gain (unless just tweeking few tousands if BG had it wrong)
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr

Return to “Modding SRCW”