Losing reserves and satellites in 7.3.7

This forum has been archived. Please use the new modding forum. If you need to retrieve a thread from here, contact BattleGoat.

Moderators: Balthagor, BattleGoat

mfisher12
Lt. Colonel

Losing reserves and satellites in 7.3.7

Post by mfisher12 »

I did a search before posting this and missed any other reports of this problem, but I wanted to make it known.

Started a sandbox game as Iraq (don't ask, bored) and managed to advance tech until I had satellites. I had the little satellite icon in the upper right of the main HUD and was doing fine as far as that goes. Also was building a navy and stashing the ships in reserve until needed.

Then I updated to 7.3.7. All of a sudden, the little satellite icon is gone and I can no longer view my reserves - not my navy or my other forces. Reserve displays are blank, deployed units show up fine.

The biggest reason I like this patch is because the screen resolution finally works for my 1920x1080 monitor without stretching an pixelation. But if I uninstall and reinstall to a previous patch, will it fix the reserves and satellite options?

Update: Restarted game again this morning, and now reserves are showing again. Satellites, however, either moved in the UI or just dropped off the world.
Fistalis
General
Human: Yes

Re: Losing reserves and satellites in 7.3.7

Post by Fistalis »

mfisher12 wrote:I did a search before posting this and missed any other reports of this problem, but I wanted to make it known.

Started a sandbox game as Iraq (don't ask, bored) and managed to advance tech until I had satellites. I had the little satellite icon in the upper right of the main HUD and was doing fine as far as that goes. Also was building a navy and stashing the ships in reserve until needed.

Then I updated to 7.3.7. All of a sudden, the little satellite icon is gone and I can no longer view my reserves - not my navy or my other forces. Reserve displays are blank, deployed units show up fine.

The biggest reason I like this patch is because the screen resolution finally works for my 1920x1080 monitor without stretching an pixelation. But if I uninstall and reinstall to a previous patch, will it fix the reserves and satellite options?

Update: Restarted game again this morning, and now reserves are showing again. Satellites, however, either moved in the UI or just dropped off the world.
Sats isn't part of vanilla cold war. It comes from my modern world mod. (I also had released sats by itself but havent updated that one in ages)

You need to reinstall the mod after the update.
Si vis pacem, para bellum
my Supreme Ruler mods Site - May it rest in peace
number47
General

Post by number47 »

Fistalis wrote:Sats isn't part of vanilla cold war. It comes from my modern world mod. (I also had released sats by itself but havent updated that one in ages)

Maybe this is related...http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 66&t=21777
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr
mfisher12
Lt. Colonel

Post by mfisher12 »

Aha! Totally forgot I was running your mod. Thanks!
Fistalis wrote:
mfisher12 wrote:I did a search before posting this and missed any other reports of this problem, but I wanted to make it known.

Sats isn't part of vanilla cold war. It comes from my modern world mod. (I also had released sats by itself but havent updated that one in ages)

Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

mfisher12 wrote:Aha! Totally forgot I was running your mod. Thanks!
Fistalis wrote:

Since most of my GUI additions were standard in 2020 I can see the potential for old players getting confused. :wink:
Si vis pacem, para bellum
my Supreme Ruler mods Site - May it rest in peace

Return to “Modding SRCW”