Modding Question

This forum has been archived. Please use the new modding forum. If you need to retrieve a thread from here, contact BattleGoat.

Moderators: Balthagor, BattleGoat

Mission Space
Colonel
Human: Yes

Modding Question

Post by Mission Space »

Is there a manual or a guide on how to mod? I want to have a Scenario where Southern Rhodesia starts independent. I used to mod a little bit a while ago but I completely forgot everything. Thanks
Hullu Hevonen
General

Re: Modding Question

Post by Hullu Hevonen »

Yeah check the Supreme wiki :) (on my phone, google it), there you can find how to mod almost everything ingame
Happy Linux user!
Links: List of Mods
Mission Space
Colonel

Post by Mission Space »

Hullu Hevonen wrote:Yeah check the Supreme wiki :) (on my phone, google it), there you can find how to mod almost everything ingame
Hullu! I went to the Supreme Wiki, Im assuming that since Southern Rhodesa is a colony of the UK in the game the instruction on Supreme Ruler 2020 wont apply to those on Cold War. So I checked out the Cold War mod section, but all it talks about is the various file names and cache. Im not exactly sure how to make Southern Rhodesia an Independent nation at the start.
Hullu Hevonen
General

Post by Hullu Hevonen »

in that case you have to go to the .cvp file in the maps folder, ctrl+f in the file and type Rhodesia, locate the 'keepregion False' Change it to 'True' and do a recache.. should be it
Happy Linux user!
Mission Space
Colonel

Post by Mission Space »

Hullu Hevonen wrote:in that case you have to go to the .cvp file in the maps folder, ctrl+f in the file and type Rhodesia, locate the 'keepregion False' Change it to 'True' and do a recache.. should be it

Ok done, but before i click launch to cache it doesnt show any regions available.. im using the Cold War REGIONINCL in my rhodesia scenario file
Hullu Hevonen
General

Post by Hullu Hevonen »

Mission Space wrote:
Hullu Hevonen wrote:in that case you have to go to the .cvp file in the maps folder, ctrl+f in the file and type Rhodesia, locate the 'keepregion False' Change it to 'True' and do a recache.. should be it

Ok done, but before i click launch to cache it doesnt show any regions available.. im using the Cold War REGIONINCL in my rhodesia scenario file
There are basically 3 region incl, one in the maps folder, one in the campaign folder and finally one in campaign/cold war.csv . Check that rhodesia is on these.
In the maps/cold war.cvp, just under 'keepregion False/True' there should be an 'parentregion 1389' delete the 1389 and leave it empty
Happy Linux user!
Mission Space
Colonel

Post by Mission Space »

Hullu Hevonen wrote:
Mission Space wrote:

There are basically 3 region incl, one in the maps folder, one in the campaign folder and finally one in campaign/cold war.csv . Check that rhodesia is on these.
In the maps/cold war.cvp, just under 'keepregion False/True' there should be an 'parentregion 1389' delete the 1389 and leave it empty
No, "Southern Rhodesia" was not in the Cold War REGIONINCL under campaign. It was in the ones under maps. And shouldnt I delete the 1389 in my rhodesia.cvp because thats what im using in my SCENARIO file?
Hullu Hevonen
General

Post by Hullu Hevonen »

Mission Space wrote:
Yes, you should delete the 1389 in you .cvp file, also add southern Rhodesia to the .regionincl in the campaign folder. Think one contains all regions and the other all independent nations. Remember to change the reference files in your Campaign/.scenario file, the name of the new .cvp file as well so it uses the correct files
from #include "ColdWar.CVP", "MAPS\" to #include "Rhodesia.CVP", "MAPS\"
Happy Linux user!
Mission Space
Colonel

Post by Mission Space »

Hullu Hevonen wrote:
Mission Space wrote:
Yes, you should delete the 1389 in you .cvp file, also add southern Rhodesia to the .regionincl in the campaign folder. Think one contains all regions and the other all independent nations. Remember to change the reference files in your Campaign/.scenario file, the name of the new .cvp file as well so it uses the correct files
from #include "ColdWar.CVP", "MAPS\" to #include "Rhodesia.CVP", "MAPS\"
This is madness, I added 409 // Southern Rhodesia (Zimbabwe) to my rhodesia.REGIONINCL which I edited from the ColdWar.REGIONINCL in maps. I took out the 1389 in my new rhodesia.cvp

My scenario file is using the correct names, rhodesa.CVP and rhodesia.REGIONINCL

My scenario file is located in my custom folder, the regionincl and cvp are in the maps folder.

btw my apologies for being an idiot, i remember a while ago during the days of Supreme Ruler 2020 we had a good long conversation about creating Rhodesia and South Africa, kind of forgot how do do all of that modding stuff
Hullu Hevonen
General

Post by Hullu Hevonen »

no probs
uhm let me see, this should do it
1. change the 'parentregion 1389' to 'parentregion ' in Rhodesia.cvp
2. add the Rhodesian Region number to the .regionincl files
3. Change the savfile "Cold War" -> savfile "Rhodesia"
4. Do a rechace
Happy Linux user!
Mission Space
Colonel

Post by Mission Space »

still no regions to select from and even if i try to cache with no countries i can select it sends me right back to the main menu.

Im gonna paste the important parts of the files:

Scenario file

// SCENARIO DEFINITON
// ifset key: 0x01: Load CVP; 0x02: Load Rest of Source; 0x03: Load all; 0x04: Load Cache

#ifset 0x01
#include "rhodesia.CVP", "MAPS\"
#include "rhodesia.REGIONINCL", "MAPS\"
#endifset

#ifset 0x02
#include "DEFAULT.UNIT", "MAPS\DATA\"
#include "DEFAULT.PPLX", "MAPS\DATA\"
#include "DEFAULT.TTRX", "MAPS\DATA\"
#include "DEFAULT.TERX", "MAPS\DATA\"
#include "DEFAULT.WMDATA", "MAPS\DATA\"
#include "DEFAULT.NEWSITEMS", "MAPS\DATA\"
#include "AllSourceLoad.INI", "INI\"
#endifset

#ifset 0x02
&&MAP
mapfile "ColdWar"
&&END

#include "ColdWar.OOF", "MAPS\"
#include "ColdWar.OOB", "MAPS\ORBATS\"
#include "AllLoad.INI", "INI\"
#include "Cold War.csv"
#endifset

#ifset 0x04
&&SAV
savfile "rhodesia"
&&END

CVP

nonplayable False
influence , , ,
influenceval , , ,
couppossibility 0.6
revoltpossibility 0.7
independencedesire 0.9
parentloyalty 0.05
independencetarget 11/11/1965
sphere 0
civiliansphere 0
keepregion True
parentregion
theatrehome 9

&&GROUPING 409

&&REGIONTECHS 409

REGIONINCL

&&REGIONINCL
101 // Egypt
102 // Libya
108 // Tangiers International Zone
213 // Liberia
303 // Ethiopia
409 // Southern Rhodesia (Zimbabwe)
489 // South Africa
501 // Israel
502 // Palestine
589 // Hashemite Kingdom of Jordon
601 // Iran
602 // Iraq
606 // Saudi Arabia
607 // Syria
608 // Lebanon
609 // Turkey
611 // Mutawakkilite Kingdom of Yemen
612 // Kurdistan
686 // Muscat and Oman
889 // USSR
905 // Kashmir
907 // Nepal
908 // Bhutan
909 // Ceylon (Sri Lanka)
Hullu Hevonen
General

Post by Hullu Hevonen »

Can't see anything wrong, and you can't see any regions when you launch the game, any fresh pair of eyes?

Gave it a try my self and created a Rhodesia test scenario, following my own instructions, and it worked. I deleated some files and it workes if you only use the regionincl and cvp in maps and create your own .scenario file(copy the cold war.scenario). Then ofcourse a recache at the end

Here is how I did it
Rhodesia.scenario
#ifset 0x01
#include "Rhodesia.CVP", "MAPS\"
#include "Rhodesia.REGIONINCL", "MAPS\"

savfile "Rhodesia"
Rhodesia.cvp
sphere 0
civiliansphere 0
keepregion True
parentregion

theatrehome 9
my Rhodesia.regionincl
&&REGIONINCL
406 // Mozambique
407 // Nyasaland (Malawi)
408 // Swaziland
Happy Linux user!
Mission Space
Colonel

Post by Mission Space »

Hullu Hevonen wrote:Can't see anything wrong, and you can't see any regions when you launch the game, any fresh pair of eyes?

Gave it a try my self and created a Rhodesia test scenario, following my own instructions, and it worked. I deleated some files and it workes if you only use the regionincl and cvp in maps and create your own .scenario file(copy the cold war.scenario). Then ofcourse a recache at the end

Here is how I did it
Rhodesia.scenario
#ifset 0x01
#include "Rhodesia.CVP", "MAPS\"
#include "Rhodesia.REGIONINCL", "MAPS\"

savfile "Rhodesia"
Rhodesia.cvp
sphere 0
civiliansphere 0
keepregion True
parentregion

theatrehome 9
my Rhodesia.regionincl
&&REGIONINCL
406 // Mozambique
407 // Nyasaland (Malawi)
408 // Swaziland
I dont know whats going on man, this is kind of ridiculous. Is there any way you can send me your files? or upload them?
Hullu Hevonen
General

Post by Hullu Hevonen »

Here we go, you will have to build the cache your self, I built mine without units just to test:-)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Happy Linux user!
Mission Space
Colonel

Post by Mission Space »

Hullu Hevonen wrote:Here we go, you will have to build the cache your self, I built mine without units just to test:-)
For some reason it worked perfectly!!!! One issue again however Israel starts off eliminated. Palestine, Lebanon, and Gaza have all taken it territory. And for some reason the US controls Haifa. On top of that all the world leaders are fake ones. there is no joseph stalin, no truman, no mao. The message of USSR succesfully detonates bomb doesnt even appear in the beginning either. Sorry to bother you again man 8_

Return to “Modding SRCW”