Modding Question

This forum has been archived. Please use the new modding forum. If you need to retrieve a thread from here, contact BattleGoat.

Moderators: Balthagor, BattleGoat

johnsmith
Corporal
Human: Yes

Re: Modding Question

Post by johnsmith »

Hi Forum,

First post. Absolutely loving this game so far! Been playing around with a variety of nations. However I was also curious to see that there were so few Africa nations to play with in the sandbox mode.

So alas I am here because of Rhodesia as you can imagine. Was there any progress made in the end about this mod or a definitive step by step guide? As there seems to be no solution at this time!

Thanks again!
Hullu Hevonen
General

Post by Hullu Hevonen »

look a few posts back
Happy Linux user!
Links: List of Mods
johnsmith
Corporal

Post by johnsmith »

It appears there are two methods?

The method described previously is for a Rhodesia scenario?

I attempted to follow the instructions and the game seemed to not like the way I attempted to rebuild the cache causing me to have to reinstall it as I fear I may have cocked it up :-?

I was assuming it was just as simple as changing the parameter from 'false' to 'true' under the Southern Rhodesia heading in the /Maps/ Coldwar.CVP file. Then recaching the data (which I thought was deleting the Coldwar.sav in the /Cache/ folder) but I appear to be having difficulty with that.
johnsmith
Corporal

Post by johnsmith »

After re-reading it all and downloading the ZIP file you created I was successful.
I did however change the START date in the CVP file to 11/11/1965.

The next stage would now be to try and create a more realistic scenario.
Rhodesia was a former colony so their military was based on British technology. I noticed once I started the scenario I had zero military, and very poor technology full stop.

Now I am a complete noob when it comes to modding, but if I can get hold of Mission Space, maybe he could help to implement some extra units, add Ian Smith as the Prime Minister etc.
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

johnsmith wrote:It appears there are two methods?

I attempted to follow the instructions and the game seemed to not like the way I attempted to rebuild the cache causing me to have to reinstall it as I fear I may have cocked it up :-?

I was assuming it was just as simple as changing the parameter from 'false' to 'true' under the Southern Rhodesia heading in the /Maps/ Coldwar.CVP file. Then recaching the data (which I thought was deleting the Coldwar.sav in the /Cache/ folder) but I appear to be having difficulty with that.
Caching can take 30 mins -2hrs depending on the amount of info going into the cache and your rig. It seems like it has frozen but its creating a cache.

One way to speed up creating a cache is to remove all starting units... good for testing changes.
Si vis pacem, para bellum
my Supreme Ruler mods Site - May it rest in peace
johnsmith
Corporal

Post by johnsmith »

Fistalis wrote:

Caching can take 30 mins -2hrs depending on the amount of info going into the cache and your rig. It seems like it has frozen but its creating a cache.
Yes, that is what I realised. I have figured it out now thank you. The next step as mentioned in my previous post is to try and edit a more specific Rhodesia scenario, with proper units, ministers, etc. :) I sent Mission Space a PM to see if he is interested in collaborating.
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

johnsmith wrote:
Fistalis wrote:

Yes, that is what I realised. I have figured it out now thank you. The next step as mentioned in my previous post is to try and edit a more specific Rhodesia scenario, with proper units, ministers, etc. :) I sent Mission Space a PM to see if he is interested in collaborating.
Well once you know how to cache the rest is just understanding whats in each file and what changes can be made from them. The wiki has the info if you have the patience to learn.

http://www.supremewiki.com/node/42
Si vis pacem, para bellum
my Supreme Ruler mods Site - May it rest in peace

Return to “Modding SRCW”