Modern world mod effect

This forum has been archived. Please use the new modding forum. If you need to retrieve a thread from here, contact BattleGoat.

Moderators: Balthagor, BattleGoat

burock82
Lt. Colonel
Human: Yes

Modern world mod effect

Post by burock82 »

Hello

I am currently at 1985 in CW. If i load modern world mod, will my saved game be affected ?

thanks in advance

Burak
Fistalis
General

Re: Modern world mod effect

Post by Fistalis »

burock82 wrote:Hello

I am currently at 1985 in CW. If i load modern world mod, will my saved game be affected ?

thanks in advance

Burak
No its a separate scenario all together. If it wasn't previously installed it will add the new UI elements since those are modifications to the base game. your save game will be completely unaltered.
Si vis pacem, para bellum
my Supreme Ruler mods Site - May it rest in peace
burock82
Lt. Colonel

Post by burock82 »

i can play it(my saved game) through modern world ?
burock82
Lt. Colonel

Post by burock82 »

i couldnt load that gui interface from your web site. The one which smalls the units
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

burock82 wrote:i couldnt load that gui interface from your web site. The one which smalls the units
that can be done manually with a hot key. the UI additions are built into the modern world mod. No you cant play your save game through the modern world mod persay. You can still run it with the mod installed but the mod doesn't really change anything in your save.

The modern world is 99% its own scenario. The only real changes to the base game are UI additions such as the easy UN pop up, import export leaders and manual bond control. Those can all be used in the cold war scenario or anyother scenario once the modern world is installed.

You can still play the base game/scenarios and other mods with the modern world mod although some other mods may have minor conflicts. (hullus end of an era for instance has its own menu screen so you would have the menu screen of whichever one you last installed)

To simplify it you can simply think of the modern world mod as an extention of the normal game. All the regular functions are there, you can still play the normal campaign etc. It just adds a new scenario and new UI options along with a few aesthetic changes such as the starting music and main menu.

It doesn't alter or otherwise change the base campaign or anyother scenarios outside of the UI though. So if you loaded your old save game with the modern world mod you won't see any changes.
burock82
Lt. Colonel

Post by burock82 »

Thanks fistalis.

First of all i loved you mod :))
I have a problem which you can help! It crashes on 15 or 16 of september 2015.

Do you know what problem may be?

Thanks

Burak
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

burock82 wrote:Thanks fistalis.

First of all i loved you mod :))
I have a problem which you can help! It crashes on 15 or 16 of september 2015.

Do you know what problem may be?

Thanks

Burak
No clue. Its possible that its a problem with the save file. You're welcome to post the save for me to test but I have yet to be able to reproduce any crashes people have reported via saves. Usually its a problem on their end I cannot reproduce.
burock82
Lt. Colonel

Post by burock82 »

Can you send me an email address ?

ican not upload it via forums

Return to “Modding SRCW”