Endwar Units and History:

This forum has been archived. Please use the new modding forum. If you need to retrieve a thread from here, contact BattleGoat.

Moderators: Balthagor, BattleGoat

Antylan
Sergeant
Human: Yes

Endwar Units and History:

Post by Antylan »

I have played Endwar exstensivley and have ideas, if this is still an option. Regtardless, i would like to see
Some people interested in this mod help me to achieve it if at all possible. I can't seem to create a cache file for the love of me, but untill i know that, i know right now the backstory and units of the Endwar series.

2016, a Nuclear terrorist attack in Saudi Arabia occurs, killing 6 million people and crippling the supply of Middle Eastern oil exports. This plunges most of the world into a huge energy crisis. The next year, the
United States and the European Union signs the SLMAS (Space-Land-Air Missile Shield) Treaty, agreeing to
co-develop technologies for creating a comprehensive, interlocking Ballistic Missile Defense System. The US and EU test launch nuclear missiles against eachother to test this shield. The SLMAS Sattilite System destroys them all. Emboldened by the sucess of this test, the US and EU declare "The End Of Strtegic Level Nuclear Warfare", and the world celebrates an age of peace. (However, I belive that some nukes exist, they just don't use them, but nuclear artillery is still effective!)

With the price3 of Crude oil at $800.00 USD a barrel, the EU member states are forced to consolidate thier political, economic and military power to form a united european superstate, with the notable exception of UK and Ireland, and Renamed this superstate to the European Federation, with a greater Population and Gross Domestic Product than that of the United States of America. In response, the UK and Ireland form the New Commonwealth, but allow EU to station Troops to defend SMLAS uplink sites in their territory built prior to the EF creation.
Antylan
Sergeant

Re: Endwar Units and History:

Post by Antylan »

Nations too weak to join the EF, especially in the Balkans and Eastern Europe, Collapse completely, because they are unable to provide thier industries and people with acess to affordable petrolium. These states become anarchic and are subsequently absorbed by a resurgent Russia, wo refer to it as "Thier Land". The US and EF regard each other as a threat to thier own soverieignty, and persue a costly Space Arms Race.

Russia becomes the world's number one supplier of natural gas and oil, and reestablishs it's dominance with a
huge economic boom. New wealth is spent on a huge military moderenization effort, creating a new missile defense network, and starting to once again influence world events.
Antylan
Sergeant

Post by Antylan »

The militarizationof space reaches it's peak in 2020, when the US reveals it's plan to launch the construction of the Freedom Star Space Station, a military space station with the intent to regain USA's position as the world's premier superpower. (It has communications, command and control modules, the ability to drop 3 companies of US Marines anywhere on the earth within ninty minuites, and the ability to launch kinetic rods, which are tactical superweapons that bypass the Orbital Defense Satilites and blow up a large area, but not as much as a nuclear missile, although it is almost always fatal and is still considered a superweapon!)
Originally, it WAS a civillian space station seperate from the ISS, it now was repurposed to military specs.

The international reaction is very hostile. The EF and Russia in particular despise the development, seeing it as a way the US could effectivley neutralize their portion of anti-ballistic missile defenses and upset the balance of power. The EF withdraws from the already divided NATO in protest, and the organization collapses. Former NATO bases and facilities in Europe, such as Ramstein Airbase in Germany, are subsequently taken over by the EF.
Antylan
Sergeant

Post by Antylan »

PRELUDE TO WAR:

On March 23, 2020, EF uplink sites in "The lawless zone" (Former Balkan States that have been overrun by looters, gangs and warlords, in this case former Croatia), are attacked by unknown terrorists using T-80 Tanks that are deployed from an unmarked cargo ship just off the coast of the uplink sites. They are repulsed by the EF Enforcer Corps, or EFEC Forces. During the battle, the EFEC tries to gain acess to the Cargo Ship to determine who is behind the assault, but the Cargo ship is rigged to explode, and detonates before EFEC forces could reach it. Details of the attack are kept classified by the EF.

On April 4th, 2020, when the final module of the Freedom Star is about to be launched by the US from Jhon F. Kennedy Space Center in Florida, amid international outcry, the same group of terrorists deploy from a far away cargo ship and attack, using T-80 Tanks, RG-31 Nyala IFVs, and AH-1 Huey Cobra Attack Helicopters, and deploying with MI-26 Halo transport helicopters. Once Again, they are defeated, before the Freedom Lifter is destroyed, and the launch is rescheduled.

The terrorists attack yet again, this time in Rozenburg Refinery in the Netherlands, and again are defeated by EFEC forces. They identify themselves as the Forgotten Army, a collection of people and mercenaries from failed states in Africa, the Balkans and South Americia.
notus
Lieutenant

Post by notus »

this will be an interesting mod
Antylan
Sergeant

Post by Antylan »

Following a final Forgotten Army attack, this time on Russia's highly experimental Fusion Reactor complex near minsk, where the Forgotten Army deploys a large amount of all the previos units plus infantry armed with TAR-21's, MTAR-21's and RPG-7s, Wearing Kevlar Body armor and some targeting equipment, which the Russians had been aware of beforehand but played along with for asthetic purposes, the US finds "Conclusive Evidence" (Which had been planted by Russian Intelligence) that the EF's Defense Minister, Francios Pulain, funded the Forgotten Army with Modern Military Equipment. Suspecting this to be a conspiracy within the Eurpoean Government to prevent the completion of the Freedom Star, the US sends a black-ops team to abduct Pulain when he is inspecting the Copenhagen Missile Defense uplinks, the site of EF's main Naval Base.

They capture him, but an Anonymous tip by Russian Intelligence informs the police of Denmark, causing them to call in the EFEC. The EFEC manages to stop the extraction of the Minister, and traps the Black Ops team in one of the uplinks. On April 7th, 2020, the US crashes Copenhagen's uplinks using a viral data spike, and sends in a Joint Strike Force (JSF, the evolution of America's Marines) to rescue the trapped team. The US sucessfully defeats the EFEC, but is counterattacked by EFEC, and they reboot the Uplinks in Copenhagen in their favour. The JSF forces are forced to surrender, but are granted safe passage out of EF territory for the release of Pulain.
Antylan
Sergeant

Post by Antylan »

Events in Copenhagen spark a major international Incident, but the US and EF stop just short of declaring war. As last-minuite peace talks are to be held in neutral ground in London, it is revealed, (To the player only!) that RUSSIA funded the Forgotten Army and planted the evidence about Pulain, citing the need to keep the US and EF from aquiring Russia's resources, namely oil. To ensure that war between the two powers happens, the Spetznaz Gaurd Brigade deploys disguised as Forgotten Army terrorists and attempts to upload a virus into the EF SMALS network at Rovaniemi air base in Finland, and they succeed.

The virus causes an Orbital EF SMALS Defense Satilite to target and shoot down the Freedom Lifter launching form it's rescheduled launch date at JFK Space Center, thinking it to be an ICBM. The entire crew is killed, and news reports in US go from "Malfunction" to "Terrorist Hijacking" and finally to "EF SMALS Statilite".
This final act results in the declaration of by the US on the EF. Russia initially joins on the side of the US, under the guise of "Aiding it's crusade against European Traitors", and invades the EF controlled poland and annexs it. The US sees this as a move to reform the Eastern Bloc and declares war on Russia.

WW3 Has Begun.
Antylan
Sergeant

Post by Antylan »

OVERVIEW OF IDEAS:

Seeing how endwar has three main superpowers going at it, it is obvious they will have a bigger presence and a ton of military and economic power, but I think that having the choice to play as the nations left to die, minor powers and even certian independant terrorist, mercenary and rebel groups may be an interesting idea.

It may not be entirely cannon, but this mod will end up being A-historical VERY quickly. (Already is, but you know what i mean!) So having some interesting factions, especially some hard ones like militias, terrorists and Mercenary groups could be cool.

My Idea is this: (NEXT POST)
Antylan
Sergeant

Post by Antylan »

SUPERPOWERS:
- European Federation
- United States of Americia
- Russian Federation

SECONDARY POWERS:
- New Commonwealth (practicly policed by the EF, they DO have a modern military and Nukes, but have less power than the Superpowers!)
- People's Republic of China (By far a regional power that could grow large, it is hurt by the war and lack of petrol, but still has a modern and strong military!)
- Republic of Japan (Naval preferance, has drifted from US control, but has to decide to beef up military or face Terrorist Problems!)
- Australia (only light raider problem, but it could grow, and needs to secure itself! Good Navy!)
- South Africa (Rebel and milita infested, has remnants of Forgotten Army in it, but is still kicking!)
- Canada (Advanced, and strong, but military spending is low, and has a few rebel groups with big plans!)
- Israel (Still a military power in the Middle East!)
- Iran (Still powerful, but limited due to unusable nukes!)
- Pakistan (Good Military, but not usable nukes!)
- India (iffy, big dependance on petrol, may have rebels! Also, unusable nukes!)
- North Korea (Iffy, has dependance on imports, unusable nukes)
- South Korea (Also needs oil, has no protection from US, possible conflict with North Eminent!)

MINOR POWERS:
- Brazil (By far the best South American nation, but infested with multiple rebels, mercenary groups and terrorists, including Forgotten Army!)
- Venezuela (Has light US presence and stationed troops)
- All the Carribean States
- The Central Americian States
- Argentina
- All the Africian Countries
- The rest of the Middle Eastern Countries
- The Central Asian Countries
- Pacific Countries on islands have banded together for protection under the Pacific Alliance. There is Pirate groups that want to take the islands over, though!
(Some North Africian Countries, namely Libya, Morroco, and Tunisia are EF members, so they are EF territory!)

REBEL, MERRCENARY AND TERRORIST GROUPS NEXT!
Antylan
Sergeant

Post by Antylan »

MOST OF THESE GROUPS ARE NOT CANNON, EXCEPT THE FORGOTTEN ARMY! I HAD THESE AS IDEAS AND THEY MAY OR MAY
NOT GET IMPLEMENTED!

REBELS: (Rebel factions are dedicated to liberating thier attached nation to thier control and killing other rebels, terrorists and factions!)
- Chinese Republican Liberators
- Chinese Imperial Army
- Tibetan Resistance
- American Freedom Resistance
- European Nationalist Army
- Commonwealth Communist Corps
- FARC
- Soviet Restroration Coalition

TERRORIST: (Terrorist factions are intended to be militaristic and independant. They are hard to play as because they are weak and at war with one or multiple nations, but have a pre-made military to give them a chance!)
- Forgotten Army (still powerful, just a little weakened, and has bases in south america, africa and the balkans)
- Antylan Imperium (Canadian + Japanese Terrorists that seek to establish a new nation, they have unique units way later!)
- Scarridian Empire (Split off of the Antylans, they have more conventional forces but also have radical ideas!)
- Islamic Retribution (In Pakistan, some weakened Middle Eastern and north Africian states, they make Taliban look friendly!)
- Africa People's Army (a warlord decided to take action in central africa and constructed an army to fight!)
- Siberian Connection (a group of Siberans made a small army that has high hopes to build a nation!)
- Kyoto Shogunate (A group of Samurai-Descendants decided to gather Yakuza and ex-military veterans and make japan shogun territory!)
- The Red Fang (a group of South American pirates who took to the Pacific to ply thier trade and make a force!)
- The Sea Serpents (Another pacific pirate group, that is in conflict with Red Fang over drug trade and territory)
- Kutter's Krew (A pirate gang under australian ex-captian David Cutter who decided to get in on the piracy!)

PARAMILITARY: (In order to fund your mercs, make use of resources captured and buy and sell goods on the markets! The Mercenary factions are intended to be like a corporation, but you can decide to take territory.)
- Tactical Solutions (US based, but not allied with US, is neutral to others but can make deals easily.)
- Blackwater USA (US mercs, loyal to money, and uses modern equipment.)
- Forigen Legion (French forigen legion, but not loyal to france, although allied with EF initially, and may extend to others.)
- Barrakhts Squadron (Russian Mercs, serves Russia but that may change.)
- Canadef International (Army, navy, airforce, these Canadian Mercs are not used by canada but may see use by them and other minor nations, mabey even superpowers.)
- Line Ark (A paramilitary group from Asia, uses a few high tech units, but no tech blueprints. )
- Spartans (An army in the Lawless zone that decided to train hard and remake the Spartan image. They are selling thier services in exchange for resources to restore the balkan states)

Overall, these are factions, not nations, and are intended for hardcore players interested in a challenge. They have different play styles and
are not cannon, but spice up the areas not in the Endwar series, to make it intertseting for the "Nations Left To Die", because the start of WW3
may mark the end of certian nations and the rise of other powers!
Antylan
Sergeant

Post by Antylan »

Any experienced modders could help to get this off the ground, or anyone with any sort of ambition! I need help, because i can't even make a cache right yet, but i do know about units, I am a military, political and economicly sound guy who knows about such stuff, and i do know a lot of history. I even know how to help with the development of a WW2 mod, because i have acess to info about virtually every military unit ever concived of scince ww1 to now in a single site. Also, i know a bit of basic modding and programming, although i would need help doing alot. So anyone who want's to help me is cool, and if i can help make any mods for you guys, researching units, history or coming up with unique mod ideas, i will be glad to do so! I have quite a few ideas, and i will list them soon, so stay tuned for some cool mod ideas, but as of right now:

ANTYLA HAS ARRIVED!

:D
Antylan
Sergeant

Post by Antylan »

Ok, so i figure that the biggist challenge on my research plate is what other nations then the superpowers will use, and what future units will be implimented, because i love long tech trees with multiple cool techs and unit designs. EF, Russia and US Units are going to be advance for sure, but for the record, i will show you my concepts for tech types:

EF: Has acess to all eurpoean country units. Has worldwide units as well.
US: Has access to US tech and worldwide, must increase research avenues.
Russia: Has access to Russian and all Eastern European Techs.

In Endwar, the EF has energy weapons already in thier mainstream units and they specialize in it. This is a problem, because the energy weapons in Supreme Ruler are overpowering even for
a superpower like resurgent Russia to handle. The EFEC has faster but less-armored units that use less fuel and supplies, which should be incorperated. They have lots of defensive electronic countermeasures on thier units, and they have a greater GDP, so they can afford lots of stuff. I have to find weaknesses in thier situation for modders to implement and players to exploit, so i will
get that done. The EF utilizes a tactical high-energy laser weapon that beams a laser from a ground facility to sattilites and focuses the laser on a target, much like USA's Kinetic Rod weapons.
It is a WMD.

USA has a primarily effective railgun and advanced projectile weapons focus. They have armor comparable to halo's marines, and they utilize infantry fast-deployment by use of transports, particularily IFVs. They deploy thier infantry in defensive positions and then hammer the opposition with gunship helicopters, tanks and IFV transports. They are known for the motto: "High speed, low drag", and like fast attack and rushing attacks with mechanized and motorized infantry. They utilize the previously mentioned WMD Kinetic Rods, and they are primarily fond of thier advanced stealth-equipped airforce.

The Russians Utilize a very conventional arsenal, but retain units upgraded over the years from past historical conflicts. Thier newest tank is the T-100 Ogre tanks, and other units that have less-high tech but as effective as the EF and JSF forces. The SGB Usually attach multiple weapons and armor systems onto thier vehicles the designers never dreamed would be on there. SGB also are veterans of many conflicts, and thier elite forces are more physically trained and unrelenting than JSF and EFEC elite troops. Russians in Endwar use AK-47's, i think they should use AEK weapons, due to thier rebuilding of russian army.

Next up, official units and Weapons in the Endwar series!
MertcanKs
Lt. Colonel

Post by MertcanKs »

Owww wonderfull
Antylan
Sergeant

Post by Antylan »

Ok, so i will detail some unit ideas for nations, but right off the bat, I want to detail some radical unit ideas potrayed by the Antylan Imperium faction. This is to give people an idea of how cool thier units will be! They may not be cannon or superpower, but if they survive long, they become a very big threat to the battered superpowers!

Antylan History:
Founded in 2012 by a 17 year old radical known only as Razakel, he designed the foundation for a new society, he being disgusted by the current governments and thier flawed and corrupt systems. A chance with destiny saw him meet someone he never thought he would meet: A creature that had been found by him unconsious in an alley in his trip to Japan. He took her in, and something apparent became known: She WASNT HUMAN! She was a black fur covered rabbit person, with red markings and bright green cat-looking eyes. When she awoke, she had no name. Razakel named her Sakeera, and she travelled with him around the world, eventually rasing the negative attention of governments all over the earth. Razakel vowed to protect her, and she vowed to protect him. Due to this vow, they built up an army of thier own secretly, whilst moving place to place, gathering recruits, resources, weapons and information, and preparing thier bases for a war that would determine the fate of this pair, who due to Sakeera's nature, did not seem to age past 25. They both were extreemly intelligent, skilled and benevolent rulers, and they planned to make thier new haven whatever the cost.

Pre-Sakeera History:
Before Sakeera joined, Razakel had very little time to build up an Empire and instead focused mostly on his life skills and building a repitoire of skills and knowledge. His past experiences included ruling the Scarrid Empire, which ousted him in a coup, but he was never a large part of it, so they left him. He also tried hard to grow the Antylan Imperium in many ways, by business and illegal action, but never succeeded, until he found Sakeera. The remainder of veteran Antylans from that time were promoted to different positions, and prepare to bring the might of the Imperium to it's fullest under the Empero and Empress.

Unit Summary:
The Antylan Imperium is, at the beginning of a campaign, in a VERY difficult position, but has the potential to become vast and powerful.
They start with a bunch of seperated armies and settlements in Canada, not connected usually to roads, with the exception of occupied Thunder bay, which will no doubt be hammered by Canadian Forces. Sakeera has carefully guided the development of settlements in the northeren forests and icy wastelands of northeren Ontario, Nunavut, Yukon Territories and Manitoba.

They also secured two bases in northern Japan, and a single outpost in one pacific island. But they are very sparse and distanced, forcing Antylans to quickly sieze unoccupied areas and build up a defense to hold them while pushing forwards. The islands may be harrassed by the pirate wars, and Japan may figure the Antylan Imperium an easy first target besides the Shoguns. This is the situation for thier geography.

Economicly, the Canadian Bases have something in thier advantage: Military land production capacity, research capacity, and some small means of producing goods like timber, food, water, sustainable power, ore and small goods production. They have very little, and they have a single biofules facility.

They have no means of producing a navy or airforce, though if they survive, that will change, but they have a port in the islands, and they have thunder bay occupied, so they have an airstrip and dock, but that's going to get swamped, so it's a challenge to start as.

The good news is, though, that due to thier leadership: Sakeera, who is a specialist in many areas of science, tactics, genetics, training, mechanics and electronics, and Razakel, who is a specialist in economics, politics, military strategy, diplomacy, science, mechanics and other areas, the Antylans can produce later units that would blow the minds of many strtegists very early and cheaply.

You see, the Antylans are masters of quickly developing cheaper and more effective units and techs that, while other countries are more thourough with thier research, the Antylans can take a concept, like Powered Armor, and instead of researching things like synthetic muscles and stuff, they take things like animatronics and robotics and attach experimental and higly innovative power sources and stuff to it, making use of rugged equipment and fast-fabricating processes to create units that would be considered higher tech.

However, the actual units of the same type developed by other nations ar3e available to them, but the Antylans can take fictional or theoretical ideas and slap them together with what they have. Examples include:

(NEXT, ANTYLAN UNITS LIST!)
Antylan
Sergeant

Post by Antylan »

Later Researched Units include:

IRIS Infantry
IRIS Vanguard
IRIS Revenants
( IRIS are geneticly engineered creatures in Antylan society based off Sakeera, but with different animals instead of rabbit. They have increased strength, speed, agility and senses, but pledge themselves to thier chosen master and then serve them for life. Basicly supersoldiers, but look mor human than Antros, just have Ears and Tail of animals.)
ANTHRO Assault Forces
(Antros are like IRIS, except they are more like Sakeera in that they are furry, and look more like thier associated animal. They have greater ability, and are not needed to have a master. All Anthros are independant members of antylan society.)
Razakels Revenants
(Elite Mixed forces loyal to the Emperor only.)
Sakeera's Chosen
(Elite Anthro and IRIS forces under the leadership of the Empress)
RFL-300 Juggernauts
(Mech Suits, with powerful miniguns, missiles and grenade launchers.)
Antylan Powered Troops
(Infantry armored in RFL-A10 Powered Armor, armed with miniguns, chemical throwers and missile launchers.)
RFL-34T Super Heavy Tank
(Slow as hell, consumes large amounts of supplies for a tank, but have a hell of a land AND air kick to them!)
RFLAF Imperium, Sakeera, Razakel, Landcrab, Okeer and Freedom
(HUGE unit power, consumes huge resoureces, slow as hell, but supplies itself and other units, long range, mid range and short range capable, utilizes AA and NBC protection, and has long detection range. Takes LONG to make, takes a huge amount of reserves, and is a strtegic land asset, but not part of the strategic pool. Basicly, you build one, you don't want to lose one, because it is EXTREEMLY valuable. Deciding to make this is not reccomended until it is needed, because the abbreviation at the end of RFL, AF , Means ARMS FORTRESS, basicly meaning it's a moving battlebase. Deal with care...)

Air units include non-propeller VTOLS, large Strategic Flying Fortresses (Air Units that are comparable with AFs, but flying and can fuel air units as well as be fuled.)
and Special Gunships.

Naval units include a Sea Arms Fort, battle ships and missile ships, all the fittings, including Submarines that carry planes, if i can implement it and other cool techs.

Missiles are mostly inconsequential, but i hope the possibility of naming ICBMs into unique superweapons like HEL-10 Array, or Kinetic Rod Uplink, or stuff, so that different superweapons come into play! (PS. Russia uses a scud Fuel-Air Missile that is pretty devestating, forgot to maention!!)

It may seem i am focusing too much on one faction, but just you wait, i'll give you guys all these faction's overviews and more! So hang in there, and don't get discouraged! Some ideas may not be made in, but i hope alot of them will, because it will be cool to see!

As always, please provide feedback, and talk about this! Modders, if you want to do something with this, help me out! Like i said, i am no programmer, but this i can do!

Basicly, all the countries will have avenues like this i'm hoping, so stay tuned for Russia's units!

-Antylan

Return to “Modding SRCW”