SRCW problem creating new scenario.

This forum has been archived. Please use the new modding forum. If you need to retrieve a thread from here, contact BattleGoat.

Moderators: Balthagor, BattleGoat

neil hilton
Corporal
Human: Yes

SRCW problem creating new scenario.

Post by neil hilton »

I have created scenarios for 2020 and have just tried to with Cold War.
I created a new scenario file, a new .OOF new .UNIT and a new .CVP files which I plan to moddify. I commented out the .UNIT file so creating a cache file doesnt take forever while I modify the other files and then check to see if the worked. When I did create a new cache file and tried the new scenario all I got was a map with borders for the nations on it but no facilities (obviously no units). I was very careful writing the .OOF file and couldnt think where I had gone wrong.
So I went back to basics and tried to create a new scenario with the base files only. I moved the ColdWar.SAV file to a safe place. Opened the ColdWar.Scenario file and commented out the .UNIT file so creating a new cache file wouldnt take long.
Then started the game and created a new .SAV file, which I then renamed and moved it the games cache folder .
Started the game again and played the new ColdWar.SAV game and same thing, the map had no facilities on it. I can only conclude the base .OOF file is faulty.
My game version is 7.3.1.
Anybody else had this problem?
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Re: SRCW problem creating new scenario.

Post by Balthagor »

You can't do this. The .unit file contains the facility data. Comment out the .OOB file so that no countries have inventory. It's the distribution of inventory that takes a long time during caching.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
neil hilton
Corporal

Re: SRCW problem creating new scenario.

Post by neil hilton »

Thanks for reminding me. Its the .OOB file not the .UNIT file. Its been so long since I did a mod for 2020 I'd forgotten how to do it. Cheers.

Return to “Modding SRCW”