Economic Tech Overhaul Mod

This forum has been archived. Please use the new modding forum. If you need to retrieve a thread from here, contact BattleGoat.

Moderators: Balthagor, BattleGoat

makotech222
Warrant Officer
Human: Yes

Economic Tech Overhaul Mod

Post by makotech222 »

Hi everyone. I decided to make a mod that modified the techs of SR:CW. The mod adds bonuses to a lot of the economic techs to increase efficiencies and decrease costs. I hated in vanilla SR that most techs don't really do anything but unlock more techs, until eventually getting some new buildings. The basic goals of this mod are as follows:

1. Allow high-tech nations to produce more goods at cheaper prices.
2. Combat super-low unemployment rates

The philosophy of the mods:

1. Industrial techs either increase output, or decrease costs to make producing goods more profitable. Most techs give +/- 10%
2. Health techs increase goods demand (since there's no pop growth modifier to use, which would be more accurate) and also decrease health costs.
3. Cultural techs tend to decrease social costs.

Some of the modifiers don't make sense. This is usually because i wanted to decrease costs for some things, when there's no viable tech that would do that.
This mod is in beta, and there still a few techs that don't do anything. Balancing has been done to a good effect yet, but this mod will probably give the player a bigger advantage over the CPUs, since Player tends to research more.

If you want to help:
I could use some help with the modding. I'm not 100% sure on what some of the modifiers do. I think the modifiers that increase efficiency will reduce the production costs for goods, but i'm not sure. Could also use some balancing help if you play a few games and notice some bad stuff happening.

http://www.mediafire.com/?5u6h3exr1003u40

Contains the Cache file and the Default.ttrx
Just extract to your main folder and overwrite. You may want to backup your Default.ttrx file
Anthropoid
Colonel

Re: Economic Tech Overhaul Mod

Post by Anthropoid »

I want to learn a bit about modding the game, and I'm aware of the little bit of info on the wiki. I'll have a look at your mod in the next couple days and see if I can be of any help and take advantage to learn a bit about modding from you too.

Is it 7.3.1 compatible?
makotech222
Warrant Officer

Post by makotech222 »

Yup waited till update 3 to release it.
Anthropoid
Colonel

Post by Anthropoid »

Alright, let me get a bit more play time in vanilla in so I have a feel for the game and then I'm gonna install your mod and play with it.

Return to “Modding SRCW”