Alternate WWII ending Mod (Work in Progress)

This forum has been archived. Please use the new modding forum. If you need to retrieve a thread from here, contact BattleGoat.

Moderators: Balthagor, BattleGoat

Fistalis
General
Human: Yes

Re: Alternate WWII ending Mod (Work in Progress)

Post by Fistalis »

C.S.A wrote:This is my first post and i have been looking for a mod like this but when i found it, the problem was i put everything were it was supposed to go then i chose Germany i clicked start game and it stopped it wasnt frozen i could still move my cursor around but it would not load. please help. |O
Sounds like it was caching.. make sure you put the .SAV into the cache folder.

@OP I haven't examined the mod really (so you may have done it already) but it may help people to install easier if you copy the file/folder structure.
Si vis pacem, para bellum
my Supreme Ruler mods Site - May it rest in peace
C.S.A
Lieutenant

Post by C.S.A »

I put the .SAV into the cache folder it didnt fix it.
It's a far, far better thing I do than I have ever done. It's a far, far better rest I go to then I have ever known. - A Tale of Two Cities
Aragos
General

Post by Aragos »

C.S.A wrote:This is my first post and i have been looking for a mod like this but when i found it, the problem was i put everything were it was supposed to go then i chose Germany i clicked start game and it stopped it wasnt frozen i could still move my cursor around but it would not load. please help. |O
Did you follow where to put the files noted in the first post? It sounds like a file is missing and it isn't loading. Like I said in the first post, this is a work in progress, so I expect a few odd bugs, but this sounds like you possible have a file missing issue.

Are you running (or have you loaded) any other mods? Are you using Update 3?
C.S.A
Lieutenant

Post by C.S.A »

I have the latest update and alot of other mods.
It's a far, far better thing I do than I have ever done. It's a far, far better rest I go to then I have ever known. - A Tale of Two Cities
Aragos
General

Post by Aragos »

yeah, sometimes mods conflict with one another--i've run into that problem before.

not sure what the problem is; if you drop the files into the folders as noted, it should run fine.
Aragos
General

Post by Aragos »

One addition to this mod, worth doing if you want an insane game.

Add the following to the Cold War Alt.Scenario file:

--change the line "aistance:" to "aistance: 3" [no quotes]
--add the following line at the bottom: "agenda: 2" [no quotes]

This will make the AI go on a war/conquest rampage. Currently, the Germans have overrun most of central Europe and the Brits and French are bogged down in Italy. The USSR is pushing through Iran and Turkey. China is gobbling up SE Asia. All in the first three months.
Aragos
General

Post by Aragos »

Observations when playing this mod:

--if you go VH volitility and no units, the USSR will overrun everyone within reach.

My current game (USA): By 1955--The USSR has overrun much of Europe (not Germany, but including France and Belgium and half of Italy), Turkey, most of the Mideast, and parts of Africa. Oh, yeah, and China and India as well.

UK not allied to USA but at war with USSR. UK did DoW Netherlands, which was surprising. USA is allied to Canada and has overrun Mexico and Central America.

Return to “Modding SRCW”