African Colonies

This forum has been archived. Please use the new modding forum. If you need to retrieve a thread from here, contact BattleGoat.

Moderators: Balthagor, BattleGoat

KesslerK09
Warrant Officer
Human: Yes

African Colonies

Post by KesslerK09 »

Let me start off explaining what I like to do in Africa. I start off as Ethiopia and build a empire in the north region of Africa. Once I establish the land I want I start freeing countries from their colonial masters. But what ruins the game for me are three specific countries. They are West Africa, Equatorial Africa and Congo. Every time I take their capital it automatically gives me their land without a window popping up asking If I want to free them. This really upsets me because I do not want that land. I've tried waiting until the 80's and they're still a colony and have not broken up into separate countries. I've funded everything possible to break them up and still nothing.

I would like to know if I'm missing something, doing something wrong or simply there is no event for these countries.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Re: African Colonies

Post by Balthagor »

There is a known issue that we have been unable to get the break up of those regions into the pieces they contain or to "bring back" regions. Until this can be resolved those regions are always annexed. There is no timeline for a fix on this.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
KesslerK09
Warrant Officer

Post by KesslerK09 »

Well I don't mind if they don't break up, I just want them to go Independent. Is it still a possibility for them to go independent?
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Going independent is what is broken.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
provolone
Warrant Officer

Post by provolone »

I would like to control the status of each battlezone as a colony or part of my empire. This problem comes up with any game where a large territory is invaded, or a territory that has invaded another region is invaded.
KesslerK09
Warrant Officer

Post by KesslerK09 »

I would just like to know if this will be fixed in the next update. Thank you for your timely responses.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

No idea. It is not fixed in the Update 3 test build.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
KesslerK09
Warrant Officer

Post by KesslerK09 »

Well I started editing the files. I successfully broke up Equatorial Africa into three separator countries. With DR Congo I had to break it up into two separate nations and West Africa I broke it up as much as possible. I can't figure out how to break up the Mali federation, don't mind it being one country. The problem I'm having is Guinea, it keeps reverting back to France territory. Not a colony but territory. Could you possibly tell me a fix for that one nation? It would be greatly appreciated.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Without seeing the files I couldn't say. We have a bunch of modders here, one can likely help. Two things to check; be sure it is listed properly in the .regionINCL file and be sure that it's listed correctly in the .CVP file.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
KesslerK09
Warrant Officer

Post by KesslerK09 »

Attached is my work so far. Sorry that I couldn't upload the cache but it was too big.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

Guinea has its parent region set to 1689, If its to start independent it shouldnt have ANY parentregion.

(could be other errors as well but thats the first thing I found in a quick look)

Are you making them independent to start? Or trying to break them up Via events?

If so the event file would be needed as well. Also I haven't cached it to look at it or count them.. but depending on how much you've done you may have hit the cap for regions. (250ish IIRC)
Si vis pacem, para bellum
my Supreme Ruler mods Site - May it rest in peace

Return to “Modding SRCW”