End of an Era (mod)

This forum has been archived. Please use the new modding forum. If you need to retrieve a thread from here, contact BattleGoat.

Moderators: Balthagor, BattleGoat

Hullu Hevonen
General

Re: End of an Era (mod)

Post by Hullu Hevonen »

Kellick wrote:
C.S.A wrote:...I guess that countries began recycling their infantry, and making the game speed up a little....
Does the AI actually do this? (and I mean AI run countries other than your own, I know your own def minister will scrap units if you tell him to (set the right policy)
I somehow doubt it, I know it didn't even the players def minister didn't have the ability to in 2020.

More likely the speedup is from massive casualties, countries being eliminated, and the way combat slows down after a point as damaged units go back to reserves and tend to not come back to the front, fuel and ammo runs short and less movement happens, etc.

From other posts I've read, I take it the AI still never checks to see that it isn't in a state of war anymore and can stand down and so once it escalates never drops defcon, reserves units, cuts garrisons, etc. I remember Hullu (or was it Fistalis?) talking about using event 37 (37?) periodicly to force some countries down, since if they were still at war they would just go right back to what they were doing before anyway. Have either of you had any success with that since the last patch?
Think it was 7.3.1 that introduced that when AI units are damage beyond a certain point they will scrap it. Might have been Fistails, I have had plenty of succses with event 37, I especially like to use em in helping the AI improve their economies. They can be used for many purposes, like telling the AI to demobilize/mobilize at certain points.
Happy Linux user!
Links: List of Mods
Fistalis
General
Human: Yes

Post by Fistalis »

Hullu Hevonen wrote:
Kellick wrote:
C.S.A wrote:...I guess that countries began recycling their infantry, and making the game speed up a little....
Does the AI actually do this? (and I mean AI run countries other than your own, I know your own def minister will scrap units if you tell him to (set the right policy)
I somehow doubt it, I know it didn't even the players def minister didn't have the ability to in 2020.

More likely the speedup is from massive casualties, countries being eliminated, and the way combat slows down after a point as damaged units go back to reserves and tend to not come back to the front, fuel and ammo runs short and less movement happens, etc.

From other posts I've read, I take it the AI still never checks to see that it isn't in a state of war anymore and can stand down and so once it escalates never drops defcon, reserves units, cuts garrisons, etc. I remember Hullu (or was it Fistalis?) talking about using event 37 (37?) periodicly to force some countries down, since if they were still at war they would just go right back to what they were doing before anyway. Have either of you had any success with that since the last patch?
Think it was 7.3.1 that introduced that when AI units are damage beyond a certain point they will scrap it. Might have been Fistails, I have had plenty of succses with event 37, I especially like to use em in helping the AI improve their economies. They can be used for many purposes, like telling the AI to demobilize/mobilize at certain points.
The issue isn't that they don't stand down after a war. Generally the AI can and will start to reserve units etc. The issue is that no army is big enough for the AI. At no point do they say... hey lets scrap a few old units before we build more. With limited amount of Fabs this is less of an issue.. but it does rear its ugly head in modern settings. With a lull in wars the AI continually pumps out units then when war breaks out you have 99% of them go into action.

Generally Real life armies scrap older units as newer units replace them.
Which is what i've attempted to do in the latest modern world mod (for the big 3 that is). How successful I was I can't tell you because I haven't had time to really test it long term lol.

As hullu pointed out though thats only one of many uses for event 37.. which has a multitude of uses in all aspects of AI management.

This can be discussed futher elsewhere My intention isn't to hijack hullus thread. [_]OT
Si vis pacem, para bellum
my Supreme Ruler mods Site - May it rest in peace
Kellick
Captain

Post by Kellick »

Thanks for the confirmations. I donn't want to hijack the thread either :)
C.S.A
Lieutenant

Post by C.S.A »

DO NOT TELL ME THIS THREAD IS DYING... IT HAS BEEN 9 DAYS SINCE THE LAST POST, WE MUST KEEP THIS MOD ALIVE GUYS. :wink: lol, but seriously...
It's a far, far better thing I do than I have ever done. It's a far, far better rest I go to then I have ever known. - A Tale of Two Cities
Hullu Hevonen
General

Post by Hullu Hevonen »

Lol, been updating it my self almost exclusevlty a few pages back :D. This dies when I say it does :P which is when I start porting it to SR1936. Thats why the next update will have the longest changelog and contain a bunch of bugfixesb:D

Oh yeah and for the latest changelog check here http://www.moddb.com/mods/end-of-an-era ... read/v113x
Happy Linux user!
Hullu Hevonen
General

Post by Hullu Hevonen »

I have the release candidate ready, done lots of stuff and 'polishing', in need of someone to help me test the game, tell me if it contains bug and if there's something I thought I fixed but actually didn't get fixed :-)
Anyone willing to help me in this?

Going ahead with the release on the weekend :-)
Happy Linux user!
Hullu Hevonen
General

Post by Hullu Hevonen »

Go vote this awesome mod to become the mod of the year! :-)
http://www.moddb.com/mods/end-of-an-era
Happy Linux user!
Perica
Corporal

Post by Perica »

did vote, im trying the mod right now will let u know what i think.

one thing u should considure changing is adding SAO Kraina (independet autonomus regoin Kraina) it is the serb republic in croatia insted of the serbian troops and placment of croatian trops needs adjusting especialy near dubrovnik. just place small number of troops in dubrovnik and in other towns and near border with SAO kraina. and SAO kraina need to get areas of eastern croatia (evrything below vinkocvi and vukovar). can u put serbia in role of suporter of war and not the waring party, shee needs to send troops to help serbs in bosnia and croatia but not actualy participate by capturing teritory.
Hullu Hevonen
General

Post by Hullu Hevonen »

Perica wrote:did vote, im trying the mod right now will let u know what i think.

one thing u should considure changing is adding SAO Kraina (independet autonomus regoin Kraina) it is the serb republic in croatia insted of the serbian troops and placment of croatian trops needs adjusting especialy near dubrovnik. just place small number of troops in dubrovnik and in other towns and near border with SAO kraina. and SAO kraina need to get areas of eastern croatia (evrything below vinkocvi and vukovar). can u put serbia in role of suporter of war and not the waring party, shee needs to send troops to help serbs in bosnia and croatia but not actualy participate by capturing teritory.
Nice thanx :D , know about Kraina, but the region limit is full, a wish I can't fullfill :/
Happy Linux user!
Hullu Hevonen
General

Post by Hullu Hevonen »

V1.13.931 released! Contains a bunch of bug fixes and 'polishing', New Campaign added(which greatley improves speed), Improved the economy of the game among plenty of other stuff 8)
Download v1.13.931

This might be among the last updates for this mod now as the SR1936 is pre-released, I will start working on a conversion for that game of this mod. I will however try to fix some issues etc that is reported and keep 'polishing' it. :-)

Changelog:
-Removed 150 billion from Leshotoian starting capital
-Removed 100 billion from Swiss starting capital
-Went trough and modified missile capasities of Destroyers
-Went trough and modified tank attack values of tanks
-Fixed the Democrachy esthablised bug
-Fixed the unit name of 9K37 Buk
-Changed mech for A6 intruder
-Fixed Man on the Moon tech
-Fixed Congoian Civil War, now the rebels should have supply trucks and heavier equipment as well
-Fixed the Timorian war of Independence event, hopefully :D
-Gave more territory to Midway and St. Helena
-Gave Scotland some more Oil rigs and removed an equal number from England
-Fixed 2 air fields in China
-Changed costs for goods facilities
-Added the MBT-70, T-90MS among other designs
-Changed the menu background
-Added Lima Tank Plant to the USA
-Fixed a wrong complex bug in Cuba
-Added and modded tech
-Made significant changes to countries Cons and Industrial goods produtction
-Gave a bunch of Industrialised Countries improved Petrol & Other power improvment techs
-Integrated Fistails & Bathagors GUI Mods
-Fix the Mali-Niger Alliance bug
-Made an Infantry free scenario which is identical to the Main Campaign but is not cached with the common infantry units
-Made Oil Derricks cheaper
-Infantry Free performed 3,07 to 3,34 times faster then the main EE campaign.
-A general demobilization order should go out to the biggest armies in the world hopefully reducing the longterm game lag
-Added goods facilities around the world
-Added some tank tech
-Modified tank attack values
-Gave Iraq some designs
-Events should now popup on a worldwide scale more often, this will however be unconfirmed
Happy Linux user!
Vish_Virtus
Sergeant

Post by Vish_Virtus »

Testing it now
C.S.A
Lieutenant

Post by C.S.A »

So this is it? The end of a thread... Its really been something guys...
It's a far, far better thing I do than I have ever done. It's a far, far better rest I go to then I have ever known. - A Tale of Two Cities
Hullu Hevonen
General

Post by Hullu Hevonen »

Nah, promised one more update if there is any bugs etc that needs to be fixed :-) may even add stuff, if it's not to timeconsuming. End of an Era II is my priority project atm which gets most of my attention.
Happy Linux user!
BlackEagle
Captain

Post by BlackEagle »

does it work completely on older saves, or just some features, or none at all?
Hullu Hevonen
General

Post by Hullu Hevonen »

BlackEagle wrote:does it work completely on older saves, or just some features, or none at all?
I would say some features, like AI behavior, graphics, UI but basically no, you however still play older saves in newer versions despite not getting all the new features for that save
Happy Linux user!

Return to “Modding SRCW”