End of an Era (mod)

This forum has been archived. Please use the new modding forum. If you need to retrieve a thread from here, contact BattleGoat.

Moderators: Balthagor, BattleGoat

BlackEagle
Captain
Human: Yes

Re: End of an Era (mod)

Post by BlackEagle »

but the problem that I find seems to be in the formula to calculate the GDP. By my calculation I should have a GDP of 15000 per capita, and I just have 8500.

And after I finish building something my GDP goes down, even when I maintain the investment. And also people's consumption goes down a lot. I doesn't make sense and its hard to grow.

And I tried to make an alternative map, where the soviet union didn't fell, but it crashed when I was trying to initiate the game.

I grouped all the countries inside "Russian Federation", and changed its name to "USSR", but it didn't work. I followed all the instructions from here: http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 48&t=16296

Any suggestions?
Hullu Hevonen
General

Post by Hullu Hevonen »

Yes i'm aware of the issue :wink:

Did you group them under Russian Federation 889 in the cvp file, remove the grouped countries from the .regionincl file ? and it craches in the cache stage ? Hard to know why it dosen't work without more to go on.

hmm, if your using my mods orbats, I had a bug that intermittently showed up and crached the game during cache, think it was the Bulgarian or Romanian orbat file that caused it. Try disabling these and try cacheing again. :-) disable them in 'campaign/yourscenario.scenario' there should be an #include "End of an Era.OOB", "MAPS\ORBATS\" and an // before that line to disable it, like //#include "End of an Era.OOB", "MAPS\ORBATS\". if it works without them I can send you the updated orbats to fix the problem :wink:
Happy Linux user!
Links: List of Mods
BlackEagle
Captain

Post by BlackEagle »

Yes, I grouped them under Russian Federation 889, and changed the name to USSR. I removed the grouped countries in the .regionincl file, and it crashed after I finished the cache. While I was trying to begin one game.

it's my first time trying to mod something in the game, so it might be just my stupidity.. But I also tried to do it for the normal game and it worked.
Hullu Hevonen
General

Post by Hullu Hevonen »

BlackEagle wrote:Yes, I grouped them under Russian Federation 889, and changed the name to USSR. I removed the grouped countries in the .regionincl file, and it crashed after I finished the cache. While I was trying to begin one game.

it's my first time trying to mod something in the game, so it might be just my stupidity.. But I also tried to do it for the normal game and it worked.
okidok, to find out if it's my mod, did you try this? :-)
Hullu Hevonen wrote: hmm, if your using my mods orbats, I had a bug that intermittently showed up and crached the game during cache, think it was the Bulgarian or Romanian orbat file that caused it. Try disabling these and try cacheing again. :-) disable them in 'campaign/yourscenario.scenario' there should be an #include "End of an Era.OOB", "MAPS\ORBATS\" and an // before that line to disable it, like //#include "End of an Era.OOB", "MAPS\ORBATS\". if it works without them I can send you the updated orbats to fix the problem :wink:
Happy Linux user!
BlackEagle
Captain

Post by BlackEagle »

ok, I'll. And then I'll report here the results.
Hullu Hevonen
General

Post by Hullu Hevonen »

v1.2.406 is out!(Mirror)

Goals for v1.2.x
-Adding leader Pictures /check
-Adding Flags /added in v1.1.138
-Adding other graphics /not check... :P added lots of other stuff instead :lol: (see change log)

Change Log
leader pictures
leader fixes, all rebel factions should now have proper leaders
new units
updated the tech tree
added events
added facilities around the world
gave territoy to rebel factions in advance and set the rebellions to launch 1 day after game start, to avoid rebel units getting destroyed before the day is out.
gave France access to the sea in africa(transit with Mali-Niger)
fixed Czechoslovakian brake-up, Czech and Slovakia will now be democracies
Czech and Slovakia will now have their military facilities destroyed and 'rebuilt' to counter the inactivated facilities bug.
fixed a bug in the east timorian conflict
added foreign relations to Libya, Syria among others.
additional bug fixes
plus more(that I can't currently remember :P )
Happy Linux user!
daxterhxc
Sergeant

Post by daxterhxc »

Dude thanks!
This is the best mod in SRCW!!
BlackEagle
Captain

Post by BlackEagle »

Ok, it's working now with the new version. But i still didn't tested with units included.
C.S.A
Lieutenant

Post by C.S.A »

I have a request could you back the date up to 1989 so we can experience the final moments of the cold war.
It's a far, far better thing I do than I have ever done. It's a far, far better rest I go to then I have ever known. - A Tale of Two Cities
Hullu Hevonen
General

Post by Hullu Hevonen »

C.S.A wrote:I have a request could you back the date up to 1989 so we can experience the final moments of the cold war.
I've been thinking about that, but it would require me to recalculate all the existing events and then create the appropriate events. It's doable and on my personal wish list, but not currently a development priority. Maybe for version 1.4.x-1.6.x earliest. :-)
Happy Linux user!
Hullu Hevonen
General

Post by Hullu Hevonen »

Have anyone by chance played past 28.8.2022 ?? :D
Happy Linux user!
SaudiSerb
Warrant Officer

Post by SaudiSerb »

Thanks for update its much better now also thank you for skydrive folder links those on gamefront wont work to me however thanks for good job and good luck to next work ! :D
Hullu Hevonen
General

Post by Hullu Hevonen »

There's a new version, v1.3.446, a bunch of new stuff, added a doomsday scenario since nowone has played past the doomsday in the mod :P

Download v1.3.446(preferred)
Mirror1(Skydrive)

- End of an Era v1.3.446(~63.2 mb)
-changed the number of tanks in a Russian battalion from soviet era standard 31 to russian standard 41.
This should make the Russian tank battalions slightly more durable in combat. (Tanks past 1992)
-modified the Russian orbats to include T-72B, T-72B2 as well and reduced the amount of T-72A
-added a bunch of future units, plausible ones as well as real ones.
-leader pictures
-leader fixes, all rebel factions should not have proper leaders
-made Revolutionary Colombia and Tamil Tigers slighly more durable
-created a new scenario, the 'Early Apocalypse'
-removed the 'Nordics' scenario
-added former Warzaw Pact leaders, 28 of them
-fixed 8 leader pictures
-fixed some leaders who spawned wrongly for countries
-more new units
-updated the tech tree
-added events, especially build events
-added/removed facilities around the world
-additional bug fixes
-made changes to the economies of countries and world economy

Goals for v1.3.x
-Fixing some leader pictures - check
-Fixing some leader related bugs - check
-Adding more leader Pictures(will be very time consuming) - check
-Editing territory and possibly loyality as well - check
Happy Linux user!
Hullu Hevonen
General

Post by Hullu Hevonen »

I also added my mod to moddb and set up a forum there for those interested in discussing mod topics in separate threads instead of one big thread :wink:
Happy Linux user!
Hullu Hevonen
General

Post by Hullu Hevonen »

Seem to have got so excited about moddb that I decided to give blogging a try :P
have a look :D
http://www.moddb.com/members/hulluhevonen/blogs
Happy Linux user!

Return to “Modding SRCW”