Trying to mod techs.

This forum has been archived. Please use the new modding forum. If you need to retrieve a thread from here, contact BattleGoat.

Moderators: Balthagor, BattleGoat

makotech222
Warrant Officer
Human: Yes

Trying to mod techs.

Post by makotech222 »

Hi SR'ers I'm trying to mod some effects of the techs, to help give meaning to researching some of the currently useless techs. When i edit the techs in my file according to the wiki, i don't see the effects show up when i mouse-over the techs in the game. I tried re-creating the cache already.

For example, i set polio vaccine to give +50 health care (just for testing) and it still shows up ingame as 2%. Does the text not update correctly? I checked the localization file and i didn't see anything that would correspond to it, so i assume its getting it straight from the edited file.
Fistalis
General

Re: Trying to mod techs.

Post by Fistalis »

makotech222 wrote:Hi SR'ers I'm trying to mod some effects of the techs, to help give meaning to researching some of the currently useless techs. When i edit the techs in my file according to the wiki, i don't see the effects show up when i mouse-over the techs in the game. I tried re-creating the cache already.

For example, i set polio vaccine to give +50 health care (just for testing) and it still shows up ingame as 2%. Does the text not update correctly? I checked the localization file and i didn't see anything that would correspond to it, so i assume its getting it straight from the edited file.
Either you're modding the wrong number or you're caching wrong. Tech effects work fine for modding.
Si vis pacem, para bellum
my Supreme Ruler mods Site - May it rest in peace
makotech222
Warrant Officer

Post by makotech222 »

I'm modding according to the wiki. I looked at the scenario file and made sure its loading the default TTLX file. Can't figure out which step i went wrong. So can you confirm that the game does indeed update the research info to display the new effects of the tech?
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

makotech222 wrote:I'm modding according to the wiki. I looked at the scenario file and made sure its loading the default TTLX file. Can't figure out which step i went wrong. So can you confirm that the game does indeed update the research info to display the new effects of the tech?
Unequivocally. It works fine.
makotech222
Warrant Officer

Post by makotech222 »

Ah, i fixed it. Realized that i renamed my default.ttlx to default.ttlx.ttlx, because windows hid the extension. Works fine now, thanks for help
makotech222
Warrant Officer

Post by makotech222 »

Fistalis, do you happen to be familiar with the format for the buildings? I'm trying to compare the number of people employed in each of the buildings, along with some other factors.
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

makotech222 wrote:Fistalis, do you happen to be familiar with the format for the buildings? I'm trying to compare the number of people employed in each of the buildings, along with some other factors.
yes. I'm familar with 99% of the files :lol:

AFAIK The only employment of buildings we can modify would be military personnel used by military structures.
makotech222
Warrant Officer

Post by makotech222 »

Damn. Also was wondering if i could edit the output of the antimatter and dark matter buildings to be better than fusion plants. Happen to know what the columns are named?

Also: for the tech modifiers, does efficiency improve factory output AND reduce production cost?
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

makotech222 wrote:Damn. Also was wondering if i could edit the output of the antimatter and dark matter buildings to be better than fusion plants. Happen to know what the columns are named?
Bottom of the UNIT file there is a section marked && rawprod Find the Unit ID # for fusion and edit it accordingly. (note small increments do alot here)
makotech222 wrote: Also: for the tech modifiers, does efficiency improve factory output AND reduce production cost?
I think it reduces costs for production since there is a separate Code to change output. Honestly haven't tested it enough to say with certainty though.

You probably have found this on the wiki before but heres the list: http://www.supremewiki.com/index.php/Mod_CW_Tech_Tree

Generally speaking you won't have 2 effects that do the same thing.
makotech222
Warrant Officer

Post by makotech222 »

Yup thats the one im using and thanks for the tips
georgios
Brigadier Gen.

Post by georgios »

Can anyone post the codes of tech effects? The supremewiki is gone!
number47
General

Post by number47 »

Here you go (each line represents a column) :wink: :

Tech ID;
Tech Category [1-6];
Tech level of project;
Picture for tech (unused);
First Prerequisite technology ID;
Second Prerequisite technology ID;
effect 1;
effect 2;
effectparm 1 - magnitude of effect (fractional);
effectparm 2 - magnitude of effect;
time to research;
cost to research;
public support;
world support;
minister interest;
tradeable;
no research (not default set);
unit prereq;
tech prereq;
facility prereq;
is an Era Tech;
tech's name (comment)
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr
georgios
Brigadier Gen.

Post by georgios »

Thank you but I asked for the list of effects. This code I know by heart! :wink:
number47
General

Post by number47 »

georgios wrote:Thank you but I asked for the list of effects. This code I know by heart! :wink:
My bad. I misunderstood you...
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr
georgios
Brigadier Gen.

Post by georgios »

Doesn't matter ~ I wait for your post!

Return to “Modding SRCW”