Risk?

This forum has been archived. Please use the new modding forum. If you need to retrieve a thread from here, contact BattleGoat.

Moderators: Balthagor, BattleGoat

openair
Lieutenant
Human: Yes

Risk?

Post by openair »

So how about a Risk style mod to reduce the impact of the destack issue (until a real fix is released)?

The idea would be to leave the economic game as is, but increase the production cost, maintenance, area of effect/influence, range, etc of most units by 10 to 100 times. Effectively reducing the number of units needed, producible, and maintainable in game at any given time by 10 to 100 times.

This might not completely alleviate the destack issue, but if starting the game with zero units delays the destack issue, would this idea not delay the destack issue even further?

Now i have no experience modding Supreme Ruler, but from my limited experience modding other games (mostly various Civilizations) this seems like it could be as easy as adding one or two zeros to the end of most numbers in a spread sheet? May be some balance fine tuning needed as well, and a new scenario for starting unit numbers (or just start with zero starting units).

Is this as easy, and only really time consuming, as i think?
Aragos
General

Re: Risk?

Post by Aragos »

You'd have to go in and mod the csv that has all the vehicle stats, I think. It would be doable, but some work.

Return to “Modding SRCW”