MiniMod - North Vietnam - North Korea revamped

This forum has been archived. Please use the new modding forum. If you need to retrieve a thread from here, contact BattleGoat.

Moderators: Balthagor, BattleGoat

vahadar
Colonel
Human: Yes

MiniMod - North Vietnam - North Korea revamped

Post by vahadar »

Hello,

New version 1.1 for update 7.3.1 is out as of 23 mars 2013, link :
http://www.2shared.com/file/oZ391DWC/As ... gn_11.html

2 cache files in the archive :
- Asia campaign.SAV : with standart additions (see quote under, but wthout removal of subland attack yet, still have to do it later, also a few more units added to vietnam techtree)
- Asia campaign-fic.SAV : fictionnal (like in the quote)
Archive also include files to rebuild the cache if need. The campaign needs some of the vanilla Cold War files from 7.3.1 to rebuild cache.

There are 2 versions of this minimod, one standart (with few tech tree modifications for NK/NV to reflect real world use of units) and one fictionnal (with more units added to NK/NV tech tree, from USSR/China tech tree, for fun)

I made a customized tech tree for North Vietnam using Cuban Advance tech code (not used in CW) to reflect units used by NV as operator. This tree comes in addition to the NK tech tree that NV use already in vanilla.

Burma is a little revamped too, has access to NK tech tree, and customized NV tech tree.

Cheju island airflied in South Korea was removed because of some plains stacking there

This mini-mod aims at balancing NK and NV when played by AI, so that they can survive longer. (in previous version of the mod, not in 7.3.1 since vanilla does it already)
As a player, it just adds more units to research for NK and NV.

Burma was also slightly revamped.

If you have any suggestion, send me a mp on bgforums.com (vahadar)

How to play :

Copy the files from the archive in the game directory

NK : North Korea
SK : South Korea
NV : North Vietnam
SV : South Vietnam

Burma
added tech code L (NK tech code) and P (VNorth Vietnam specific tech tree) to Burma in addition to O (other) to spice the game. This was added only for the fictionnal scenario, not normal one.

burma sphere is 0 (neutral, was -0.25)
burma world integrity/treaty integrity from 0.4/0.6 to 0.55/0.75

burma influence changed from
influence 51, 21, 50,
influenceval -0.2, -0.1, 0.2,
to
influence 50, 21, 43, 51
influenceval 0.7, -0.15, 0.8, -0.15
(same as North Vietnam, previous settings were from 2020GC giving much CB against Burma from all the world. The new settings reflects Burma Soviet style policy after 1962, might be a bit too much pro Soviet thou)

*******Units added to Czech, Austria, Yugoslavia, Finnish, Poland, Romanian region (region code : T)*******
(operator / producer or licenced copy)

BMP-23 ICV (was a bulgarian design)
BMP-1

*******added to China/NK/NV (region code : C and L)*******

BTR-152 (was Type 56 licenced copy in China)
BMP-1 (Type 86 reversed engeneering for China)

*******(fictionnal)*******
BMP-I
BMP-IV
BTR II

*******added to North Korea/North Vietnam region code research design (region code : L)*******

T-54 Model 1951
T-55 Model 1958
PT-76
ZTZ-59
ZTS-63 Light Amphibious

BTR-40B Sorokovke
BTR-50P APC
BRM-1
BRM-5 HVGM
YW 531

Mig-15bis Fagot-B
Mig-17 Fresco-A
MiG-19S Farmer-C
MiG-21 Fishbed-C (thou the J-7 chinese copy is more accurate for NK)
MiG-23M Flogger-B (that was an export version, used by NK)
MiG-29A Fulcrum-A

IL-28 Beagle

MiG-17F Fresco-C
Su-17 Fitter-A
Su-22M4K Fitter-K
Su-25 Frogfoot

Mi-8T Hip-C
Mi-8T Hip-E

Mi-2 Hoplite
Mi-24 Hind-A
Mi-14PL Haze-A
Mi-171 Hip-H

AN-26 Curl
AN-2TD Turbo Colt

SA-2 Guideline
SA-13 Gopher
S-300 PMU1
SA-18 Grouse
ZSU-23-4 Shilka
M1939 37mm Towed AA Gun

*******as operator or licenced copies for North Vietnam, (using Cuban advance code)*******

BRDM-1
BRDM-2

BMP-2

SA-9M31M Gaskin

Su-27SK Flanker
L-39ZA Albatros
Su-30 Flanker
SA.330L Puma
Mi-6 Hook
M-28 Bryza PZL

The modifications under is included in fictionnal scenario

*******(fictionnal, added to NV and NK for gameplay balance, as player since AI dont often research them)*******
ZTZ-80
ZTZ-85 II
ZTZ-90 II
ZTZ-96C

******added fictionnal for NK and NV for gameplay balance and fun, you can remove those editing the tech region code in DEFAULT.UNIT, removing the L in it (code L)******

Su-33 Flanker
Su-35 Super Flanker
Su-34 Super Flanker
Su-34 Fullback
MiG-29K Fulcrum Naval
Yak-41M Freestyle
MiG-29M Fulcrum-M
MiG-29S Fulcrum-C
Su-27SK Flanker
SU-55E Figment
MiG-37 Flywheel
PAK-FGFA
PAK-FA T-50
MiG-51 Farsight
AN-24 Coke
AN-22 Cock
AN-124 Condor
IL-76MD Candid-B
AN-225 Cossack
Hong-6DU Tanker
Tu-14 Bosun
IL-10M
Yak-28B Brewer-A
Mig-17PFU Fresco-E
Yak-28L Brewer-B
Yak-28N SEAD
MiG-25RB Foxbat-B
MiG-27BM Flogger-D
Yak-38M Forger II
Su-39 Frogfoot
Su-25KM Scorpion
Su-32FN ASW
MiG-41 Foxhunt
Su-30 Flanker
MiG-23NIIR Flogger
MiG-31 Foxhound-A
MiG-25P Foxbat-A
KA-27PL Helix A ASW
Ka-50 Werewolf
Mi-35 Hind E
Mi-28 Havoc
Ka-50-2 Erdogan
Mi-31 Havoc II

Few more units added in 1.1 (bmp1, some russian sea patrol aircrafts and some russian cruisers/destroyers/subs)

Last edited by vahadar on Mar 23 2013, edited 10 times in total.
Aragos
General

Re: MiniMod - North Vietnam - North Korea revamped

Post by Aragos »

Thanks; it looks fun!

I'd add that as to AI AA power, the WWII-era subs had to surface to use their AA guns. Consequently, if you leave the AA value in there, it treats them just like modern subs do with missiles. Too bad, as a surfaced sub trying to duke it out with any airplane was doomed....

Great call on removing the surface values. No more sub bombardments :)
vahadar
Colonel

Post by vahadar »

I'll probably remove the AA sub attack in the end, but it was less an annoyance than the land attack so i left it yet :)
Aragos
General

Post by Aragos »

no worries! yeah, watching a stack o'subs blow up a tank battalion is right up there with Civ and phalanxs destroying battleships...
TheDWorm
Private

Post by TheDWorm »

Hi is it possible to get a reupload seems like dl link is down
thanks in advance
geminif4ucorsair
General

Post by geminif4ucorsair »

Aragos wrote:Thanks; it looks fun!

I'd add that as to AI AA power, the WWII-era subs had to surface to use their AA guns. Consequently, if you leave the AA value in there, it treats them just like modern subs do with missiles. Too bad, as a surfaced sub trying to duke it out with any airplane was doomed....

Great call on removing the surface values. No more sub bombardments :)
Just a note, the master data base has been revised for both Subs and Aircraft Carriers, removing land-attack values.

Any aircraft carrier captain sailing his carrier close enough for land artillery to take his ship under fire, would quickly find
himself before a Soviet-style firing squad, or a French falling sharp blade!

The same largely applies to submarines, for the purpose of deck guns of 1920s thru mid-50s deck guns was engaging merchant ships not worthy of a expensive torpedo. While some "cruiser-subs" of the 1920s had the potential to engage shore targets (the big French Surcouf was one of those subs), its purpose was not to engage enemy ports and shore installations.

Various modern subs, beginning with the Soviet/Russian Kilo, are being reviewed for their short-range SAM installations, as well.

No sure whether these will appear under a Update 3 or not - leave that to BG.
vahadar
Colonel

Post by vahadar »

Going to remake the link right now, havent seen it was dead.

So ppl that pm me will get it from here :)
vahadar
Colonel

Post by vahadar »

By the way, with the recent update this mini mod isnt really valuable now, since North Vietnam and North Korea have been given more love from the devs (and survive longer now). I suggest you rather play vanilla than the mod (unless you are still using update version 2.2).

Once update 3 is out i will just rework the oob (removing land sub attack) and adding the Cuban advance tech tree back to North Vietnam with specific techs.
geminif4ucorsair
General

vahadar wrote:I'll probably remove the AA sub attack in the end, but it was less an annoyance than the land attack so i left it yet :)
I don't think BG can resolve this issue until they do more extensive programming of Submarines....sort of like the same issue with Night Fighters and the lack of a "night environment" in the game.

Even into the 1960s, several countries - notably USSR - still had surface attack deck and anti-air guns onboard (Whiskey, Zulu, etc.), and US subs before conversion to GUPPY standards also retain the 5"/25cal and 40 or 20mm anti-air guns. Even in Korean War, those subs participating - especially those conducting UDT and other warfare team attack ashore - retained those deck guns.

In essence, BG needs to do some programming work on this.....US subs back into the 1920s have been added to my work copy of mdb and there will be several Upgrade and Replace paths thru the GUPPY standard.
geminif4ucorsair
General

This is a minimod that revamp North Korea and North Vietnam when played by the AI.
Very well done! :-)

The actual North Korean (KPA) armed forces details were provided BG for SR-CW, but from playing DPRK long ago,
units were cut as with several other countries (USSR, China/PRC, etc.) to reduce the total number of units in the game
at Start. While Update 3 does have some of the Chinese and USSR units re-added, not sure about North Korea.....waiting
for Paradox to get Update 3 added!! :-(
vahadar
Colonel

Post by vahadar »

Actually update 3 is out already ;)

As for this mod i will rework it including the update 3 when i have some time. At least for the technological tree that adds more unit to the NK tech tree. And to remove sub land attack also ;)

Also Ruges script (infantry/artillery fighting) seems to be applied by default in update 3 now? (or something similar) unless i am wrong.

The download link is down again, i will fix that as soon as possible
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

vahadar wrote:
Also Ruges script (infantry/artillery fighting) seems to be applied by default in update 3 now? (or something similar) unless i am wrong.
Its the AI Params from my modern world mod.... BG integrated it into update 3. :wink:
Si vis pacem, para bellum
my Supreme Ruler mods Site - May it rest in peace
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

I believe Gemini is on Steam, hence his waiting for the update.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
vahadar
Colonel

Post by vahadar »

New version is out

Subs land attack still present this time unlike previous version, will be removed with an expanded version later

Return to “Modding SRCW”