Modding Question

This forum has been archived. Please use the new modding forum. If you need to retrieve a thread from here, contact BattleGoat.

Moderators: Balthagor, BattleGoat

Aragos
General

Modding Question

Post by Aragos »

Guys,
I'm thinking about working on an "ultimate sandbox" 1949 start date mod. It would be something like this:

1) no unit start or with 1949 OOB (no unit tends to lead to victory for the first guy with tanks lol)
2) no existing alliances, diplomatic agreements, et al. Clean slate
3) only US (blue) and USSR(red) are in sphere. All others are neutral.
4) Limited to non-existent UN influence.

The idea is to make a 49 start game that is pretty much set up for a world conquest, lots of fighting sort of game. Not too much politics, et al.

Workable?
Fistalis
General
Human: Yes

Re: Modding Question

Post by Fistalis »

Aragos wrote:Guys,
I'm thinking about working on an "ultimate sandbox" 1949 start date mod. It would be something like this:

1) no unit start or with 1949 OOB (no unit tends to lead to victory for the first guy with tanks lol)
2) no existing alliances, diplomatic agreements, et al. Clean slate
3) only US (blue) and USSR(red) are in sphere. All others are neutral.
4) Limited to non-existent UN influence.

The idea is to make a 49 start game that is pretty much set up for a world conquest, lots of fighting sort of game. Not too much politics, et al.

Workable?
All that is doable.. besides maybe 4.. you'll need to explain that a bit more.
Si vis pacem, para bellum
my Supreme Ruler mods Site - May it rest in peace
Aragos
General

Post by Aragos »

#4 (sorry for being so vague): just limiting the impact of the UN when all the shooting starts; the idea is to have a real Sandbox (e.g., few rules other than those organic to the system).

I suppose a low UN influence setting (or high or whatever) would have the same effect.
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

Ya turning off critical UN would probably give the desired results for that one.
icemanistheking
Lieutenant

Post by icemanistheking »

Yes, Critical UN turned off achieves exactly that.
Aragos
General

Post by Aragos »

Cool guys, thanks.

This looks to be fairly simple. Remove all the diplo agreements from the spreadsheet, recache, and done.
Aragos
General

Post by Aragos »

guys,
Going pretty swimmingly so far. A few noob glitches with caching but nothing major.

One interesting observation. I removed all diplo agreements from the USA and ran the game a bit. Result? A very high volitilty, you get Super Aggressive USSR. Worth noting--one of the biggest 'brakes' on aggressive Red or aggressive Blue is the alliance structure; remove the mutual defense and alliances, and you get wars everywhere.
Aragos
General

Post by Aragos »

quick question for the experts--

I want to get rid of all treaties and events for all nations (not the ability to make new treaties, but a blank slate for 49 start).

What is the easy way to do it?
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

Aragos wrote:quick question for the experts--

I want to get rid of all treaties and events for all nations (not the ability to make new treaties, but a blank slate for 49 start).

What is the easy way to do it?
Use a blank .csv thats where all the starting treaties and events are. (downside is there is probably some relationship modifications in there as well)

You could always remove the treaties one by one from the .csv.. a bit more of a pain in the arse but that would leave relations in tact.

Events is a bit easier.. the whole &&Events section can just be blanked out.
Aragos
General

Post by Aragos »

Thanks for the tips; I'm less concerned with anything involving historical accuracy (think more Risk than SRCW ;)). The scenario I'm working on is a literal blank slate, set up for world conquest-type games (when you don't want to deal with the events, etc.--just a shoot em up sort of game).
Aragos
General

Post by Aragos »

Interesting results. Basically, copy the Cold War.csv to a safe place, make a new Cold War.csv that is blank. Runs like a charm; some relations are fine (embassy, free trade--both of which I wanted as the USA), but the mutual defense, etc. are gone along with events.

Suggestion if you do this (and you dont want to edit the OOB); use No Units. If not, the game goes a bit haywire as your troops are stuck in Germany, Japan,etc. and your airplanes all go kamakaze trying to fly out :)
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

Aragos wrote:Interesting results. Basically, copy the Cold War.csv to a safe place, make a new Cold War.csv that is blank. Runs like a charm; some relations are fine (embassy, free trade--both of which I wanted as the USA), but the mutual defense, etc. are gone along with events.
Just an FYI.. all nations start with embassies by default.. you actually have to modify them to not.
Aragos
General

Post by Aragos »

Fistalis wrote:
Aragos wrote:Interesting results. Basically, copy the Cold War.csv to a safe place, make a new Cold War.csv that is blank. Runs like a charm; some relations are fine (embassy, free trade--both of which I wanted as the USA), but the mutual defense, etc. are gone along with events.
Just an FYI.. all nations start with embassies by default.. you actually have to modify them to not.
Thanks! I had no idea.

Return to “Modding SRCW”