Mod based on TC's EndWar

This forum has been archived. Please use the new modding forum. If you need to retrieve a thread from here, contact BattleGoat.

Moderators: Balthagor, BattleGoat

Kiril
Lieutenant
Human: Yes

Mod based on TC's EndWar

Post by Kiril »

Hey. As the title says, I think it'd be interesting to see a mod based on Tom Clancy's End War. I do not know how to make mods for the game, but if someone could help me/make it for us all, that would be awesome.
domcoppinger
Colonel

Re: Mod based on TC's EndWar

Post by domcoppinger »

What would this require, I only very briefly played EndWar and can barely remember anything about it... What is the global situation like? I remember it was set slightly into the future and based around the US but not much more than that!
Much Thanks

- [On the topic of timelines] "Time isn't made of lines, it is made of circles, that's why clocks are round!" - Unknown-

Number 46-48
Kiril
Lieutenant

Post by Kiril »

Here's a brief overview from what I gathered;

Time Period: Roughly around 2020. Should start in 2020.
Fuel prices 800USD per barrel.

Nations (map):

Orange - United States; strong military, most advanced
Blue - European Federation; strong military, advanced
Green - Russia; strong military, advanced; Most of world natural resource supply
Red - New Commonwealth; small-mid sized defense force, average tech; neutral. No place in war.
Uncolored - Nations left to 'die'. Forsaken nations mostly. No military tech, or production. Maybe a few garrisons/partisan groups. "Forgotten peoples"

NATO dissolved. EF/US/Russia not allied. If you want to make events, make all 3 allied, then June 1st 2020, have all 3 superpowers declare war on each other.. I do not know how well the nuclear war aspect in game will go, but it's hard to tell. DEFCON 1 when war is declared obviously. All 3 nations relations are low.
--

This is all based on what I know from playing. If anyone wants to add more, go ahead.
domcoppinger
Colonel

Post by domcoppinger »

Units wise what exisits in End War? Would the current near future units from Supreme Ruler suffice? Or does End War use its own set of near future units?
Much Thanks

- [On the topic of timelines] "Time isn't made of lines, it is made of circles, that's why clocks are round!" - Unknown-

Number 46-48
Kiril
Lieutenant

Post by Kiril »

Units towards the future standpoint in game are perfectly fine. In fact Russia still used the T-90 in EndWar if I recall correctly. So around the time SR2020 took place would be the same unit structures.
domcoppinger
Colonel

Post by domcoppinger »

Hmmm, having three main factions is a bit of a pain, mainly because of the way that the sphere system seems to work. In endwar how close are the EU and US? I seem to remember that it was all out war even between them so that may not help... Its just that if we made US and co the leader of Blue sphere, Russia and co head of red sphere (duh!) and the EU neutral I am not sure how well the warfare dynamics would work out. Although I suppose if it was scripted that they all just go to war, and given the unimportance of the other nations this might actually not be an issue...

Any more info you can give me? I am going to see about throwing a framework for this together when I have a moments free time!
Much Thanks

Number 46-48
Kiril
Lieutenant

Post by Kiril »

USA obviously blue and same with Russia as red indeed. If they declare war it'd be the same as usual. Just those 3 nations against each other trying to take each other over. Other than that, that is about all. I know 'terrorist' attacks led by Russia caused it all but not sure what all that could do in game.

Thanks a bunch for what you're doing. :-)
Antylan
Sergeant

Post by Antylan »

Hey, check out my idea for your idea and tell me what you think! I played this game, and your idea inspired me, because i thought it would be cool.
What do you think?
Reply on my topic!
Or here, if you wish.

Return to “Modding SRCW”