Modding question

This forum has been archived. Please use the new modding forum. If you need to retrieve a thread from here, contact BattleGoat.

Moderators: Balthagor, BattleGoat

tofofnts
Captain
Human: Yes

Modding question

Post by tofofnts »

Whenever I try to mod something and launch the game and try to play as a country I play as a random different country (which is usually in the same continent), for example I will change flags just for fun, launch a game as USA and find myself playing as some carribean island. I do recache (though perhaps i screw something up). I have the game on steam and it doesnt matter what I am modding. The changes are permanent and I am forced to redownload the game each time.
"When I was young I thought that money was the most important thing in life; now that I am old I know that it is."
-Oscar Wilde
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Re: Modding question

Post by Balthagor »

Sounds like there is a mismatched version of the .regionincl file somewhere. Try recaching without changing anything at all and see if it still happens.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

Like balt said it sounds like something wrong with the region include.
Your better off copying the files as a back up (or copying them and renaming them into a new mod if your comfortable with fixing the names in the scenario file.)
Si vis pacem, para bellum
my Supreme Ruler mods Site - May it rest in peace
tofofnts
Captain

Post by tofofnts »

Balthagor wrote:Sounds like there is a mismatched version of the .regionincl file somewhere. Try recaching without changing anything at all and see if it still happens.
But how would messing with the flag data change the .regionincl file? I'll try anyways
"When I was young I thought that money was the most important thing in life; now that I am old I know that it is."
-Oscar Wilde
tofofnts
Captain

Post by tofofnts »

I believe I screwed up when recaching when i tried to mod [_]O could this explain it
-Oscar Wilde
tofofnts
Captain

Post by tofofnts »

I just tried caching without changing anything and....
IT WORKED
I think i know wut i did wrong and I'm going to try and fix it
Thanks Balthagor and Fistalis for helping me, and thank you for making an amazing game and amazing mods. I love this game (and its mods) even though im 1/3 of the target age
-Oscar Wilde
tofofnts
Captain

Post by tofofnts »

I just changed USA's flag and... Holy **** it worked, I just wasnt caching right
-Oscar Wilde
tofofnts
Captain

Post by tofofnts »

I tried making a new country and same promblem :x Any help? It must have to do with the regioninclude
-Oscar Wilde

Return to “Modding SRCW”