building mod

This forum has been archived. Please use the new modding forum. If you need to retrieve a thread from here, contact BattleGoat.

Moderators: Balthagor, BattleGoat

coodudeman
Corporal
Human: Yes

building mod

Post by coodudeman »

is there a way to modthe outout of a building and the build time/cost?
Fistalis
General

Re: building mod

Post by Fistalis »

coodudeman wrote:is there a way to modthe outout of a building and the build time/cost?
Yes.
Si vis pacem, para bellum
my Supreme Ruler mods Site - May it rest in peace
coodudeman
Corporal

Post by coodudeman »

lol, ok... how?? which file doi need to open and is it packed.. do i need to unpacka file to get to the data?... if so which one and what program doi neeed to use?

to be more specific... lets say i want to decrease ther output of uranium mines to make it harder... where doi find this info and how do i alter it :)
domcoppinger
Colonel

Post by domcoppinger »

Not so sure on the output, have never looked at it before. However changing the build time and cost is nice and easy. All you need to do is rename the DEFAULT.UNIT file in the maps/data directory to DEFAULT.CSV.

Then open it in excel...

Navigate to the bottom where you will find the facility you are looking for...

Find the columns that relate to cost and build time, from memory these are Z and AA, also AB is for industrial goods cost.

Change the values to whatever you want.

Then recache.

Start a new game and you are all good.

Now please bear in mind that although this is one of the simplest ways of modding the facilities it is also messiest... I suggest that you look around this section of the forum for topics on how to mod units, as modding units and facilities is basically the same thing just with different columns changed. As there are lots of thread that walk you through each step very simply. Also if you are unsure how to recache then look this up as well, as it is more than simply starting a new game.

To get you started try to go through this article, then if you still need help look around the forum... However if you really really really need help and have honestly looked and not been able to understand any of the guides, then post here and I will do my best to help! (Assuming someone far more experienced than me hasn't come along and already saved the day :))

http://www.supremewiki.com/index.php/Ru ... ting_Units
Much Thanks

- [On the topic of timelines] "Time isn't made of lines, it is made of circles, that's why clocks are round!" - Unknown-

Number 46-48

Return to “Modding SRCW”