Coldwar.CVP

This forum has been archived. Please use the new modding forum. If you need to retrieve a thread from here, contact BattleGoat.

Moderators: Balthagor, BattleGoat

domcoppinger
Colonel
Human: Yes

Coldwar.CVP

Post by domcoppinger »

So, I am looking to mod a few things, amongst them is the units available to a nation. Now I have gone through and added some new units and done all the work needed, however I am having some trouble finding which nation to add the "@" worldavail symbol to, this is the symbol I added to all my new units.

My main issue is that Israel and a few other nations feature twice on this list, in this case under code 501 and 597, now it is probably that I am missing some critical difference about them, but I just can't see it. As such I am confused as to which one I am supposed to change!!!

Also I am looking to add some techs to my nation of choice. I have got a list of the techs ids so that I can add them. However on the wiki it mentions something about a 32 item limit. Does this mean that I can only add 32 techs to a nation to start out with? Also how should I adjust the tech level of the country to relate. Just to any number relatively close to that of the latest techs that I added? Or does it need to be something specific.

I suspect that so long as it is around or slightly higher than the techs I have added there wont be an issue but like I said, I am not sure!

Any and all input is more than welcome, although I would ask you to hold any comments with regard to my intelligence, or rather lack thereof, or generally derogatory comments.
Much Thanks

- [On the topic of timelines] "Time isn't made of lines, it is made of circles, that's why clocks are round!" - Unknown-

Number 46-48
Fistalis
General

Re: Coldwar.CVP

Post by Fistalis »

domcoppinger wrote:So, I am looking to mod a few things, amongst them is the units available to a nation. Now I have gone through and added some new units and done all the work needed, however I am having some trouble finding which nation to add the "@" worldavail symbol to, this is the symbol I added to all my new units.

My main issue is that Israel and a few other nations feature twice on this list, in this case under code 501 and 597, now it is probably that I am missing some critical difference about them, but I just can't see it. As such I am confused as to which one I am supposed to change!!!

Also I am looking to add some techs to my nation of choice. I have got a list of the techs ids so that I can add them. However on the wiki it mentions something about a 32 item limit. Does this mean that I can only add 32 techs to a nation to start out with? Also how should I adjust the tech level of the country to relate. Just to any number relatively close to that of the latest techs that I added? Or does it need to be something specific.

I suspect that so long as it is around or slightly higher than the techs I have added there wont be an issue but like I said, I am not sure!

Any and all input is more than welcome, although I would ask you to hold any comments with regard to my intelligence, or rather lack thereof, or generally derogatory comments.
When in doubt which region ID is used in a scenario check the region include. The one in the region include is the one you should add it to.
Si vis pacem, para bellum
my Supreme Ruler mods Site - May it rest in peace
domcoppinger
Colonel

Post by domcoppinger »

Fistalis wrote:
domcoppinger wrote:So, I am looking to mod a few things, amongst them is the units available to a nation. Now I have gone through and added some new units and done all the work needed, however I am having some trouble finding which nation to add the "@" worldavail symbol to, this is the symbol I added to all my new units.

When in doubt which region ID is used in a scenario check the region include. The one in the region include is the one you should add it to.
Thanks, I had suspected that the one that got the most reference was the one I should use (duh!) but wasn't sure if I was just missing something on why there were multiple entries for some reasons, guess it just doesn't matter!
Much Thanks

- [On the topic of timelines] "Time isn't made of lines, it is made of circles, that's why clocks are round!" - Unknown-

Number 46-48
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

domcoppinger wrote:
Fistalis wrote:

Thanks, I had suspected that the one that got the most reference was the one I should use (duh!) but wasn't sure if I was just missing something on why there were multiple entries for some reasons, guess it just doesn't matter!
Many times its due to one being a group of regions to reflect a nations borders and another being an actual puzzle piece on the map. But there are other reasons and it varies by the region.
domcoppinger
Colonel

Post by domcoppinger »

The only problem with using the region include is that it also lists countries more than once! Now what do I do? ;(
Much Thanks

Number 46-48
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

Sounds like you got a funky region include... lol
Coldwar.regionincl should have no duplicate countries listed.
domcoppinger
Colonel

Post by domcoppinger »

Fistalis wrote:Sounds like you got a funky region include... lol
Holy hell! Where were you with this snippet of information yesterday! You could have saved me a huge amount of time! :)

For some reason I totally passed over the actual .regionincl file and was using the Region Include on the wiki and the cold war.cvp for region ID's. Both of these files contain multiple iterations of a lot of the regions, hence my confusion! And now, just half and hour after I finished modding my new treaty's, you swoop in and tell me that there is one very short concise list with no duplicates!

Ahh well will be helpful for the future! :D
Much Thanks

Number 46-48
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

domcoppinger wrote:
Fistalis wrote:Sounds like you got a funky region include... lol
Holy hell! Where were you with this snippet of information yesterday! You could have saved me a huge amount of time! :)

For some reason I totally passed over the actual .regionincl file and was using the Region Include on the wiki and the cold war.cvp for region ID's. Both of these files contain multiple iterations of a lot of the regions, hence my confusion! And now, just half and hour after I finished modding my new treaty's, you swoop in and tell me that there is one very short concise list with no duplicates!

Ahh well will be helpful for the future! :D
|O
domcoppinger
Colonel

Post by domcoppinger »

[_]O
Much Thanks

Number 46-48

Return to “Modding SRCW”