Cache Creation

This forum has been archived. Please use the new modding forum. If you need to retrieve a thread from here, contact BattleGoat.

Moderators: Balthagor, BattleGoat

Cepheus
Warrant Officer
Human: Yes

Cache Creation

Post by Cepheus »

I'm slightly confused about going about creating a cache file, I have read the wiki page on it but I can't seem to work. I obviously don't understand it, it would be great if someone could explain it step by step simply.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Re: Cache Creation

Post by Balthagor »

On the wiki the instructions are already step by step. Which step did you get stuck on?
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Cepheus
Warrant Officer

Post by Cepheus »

Balthagor wrote:On the wiki the instructions are already step by step. Which step did you get stuck on?
Remove the old cache file from the Cache folder
* \Cache

I'm modding the Modern World Scenario for myself, would I delete the MW sav file in there Cache file in there?

Edit: I'm following your step nine in the Superpowers mod, which I need to change #include "Global Crisis.csv (I'm assuming it's going to be #include "Modern World or MW.csv but I cannot find it, only:
#include "MW1.csv" "CUSTOM\MW\"
#include "MWE.csv" "CUSTOM\WIP\"
#include "MW.csv" "CUSTOM\WIP\"

What one do I choose to add the //
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

If you're modding a mod, you'd need to check with the author of the mod. I have no idea about how he set up his files.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

Balthagor wrote:If you're modding a mod, you'd need to check with the author of the mod. I have no idea about how he set up his files.
Its a mess :lol: , and the only files included in the release versions are those needed to run the mod.. many of the ones needed to build a cache for it aren't included.

There is a few extra steps I have to go through to make the mod playable with the rebel factions, and there are actually 2 separate sets of files that go into its creation. One of which has never been released (the WIP files if your curious). :wink:

To summarize:
The modern world Mod isn't moddable unless your Me or your going to write half or more of the files yourself. With the exception of changes you can do in MW1.csv. Which is loaded everytime the game starts. In that file you can change relations and add/remove events. (if your familiar with what can be changed without rebuilding a cache.. other things can be done)
Si vis pacem, para bellum
my Supreme Ruler mods Site - May it rest in peace
Cepheus
Warrant Officer

Post by Cepheus »

Thanks alot for the reply, shame.

Edit: My mod is an attempt to recreate the Ottoman Empire in the Cold War as a new nation, the following could possibly be a mistake preventing it from working
* My source nation is Turkey, which I added to the grouping (Not sure if supposed to)
* I've added Colonies run by other nations (Not sure if it will interfere)
* May of made a typo (Doubt it)

I've redone everything with the default cold war scenario, and but I don't understand the first step of building the cache. I've tried deleting the Cold War.SAV file in the Cache folder, but when I go into the game and select scenario > "Name of my mod" there are 0 regions to select and when I I proceed as the U.N, the screen goes black. I'm not sure if this is the waiting stage or if I'm going it wrong.
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

Sounds like a problem with either your .CVP or your Region include. Could be either, Without seeing the files I couldn't even guess what the specific issue is.
Cepheus
Warrant Officer

Post by Cepheus »

Fistalis wrote:Sounds like a problem with either your .CVP or your Region include. Could be either, Without seeing the files I couldn't even guess what the specific issue is.
Is there any chance I could upload them and you take a look if it's not too hard? I hate to be a bother so there's no pressure.
Cepheus
Warrant Officer

Post by Cepheus »

No?
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

Cepheus wrote:No?
Ya feel free to post it.. had you posted it This post would be either explaining the issue or telling you i couldn't find it. :lol:

Return to “Modding SRCW”