Sr2020 Scenario Pack for Cold war 1.3 (Hotfix2)

This forum has been archived. Please use the new modding forum. If you need to retrieve a thread from here, contact BattleGoat.

Moderators: Balthagor, BattleGoat

Fistalis
General
Human: Yes

Sr2020 Scenario Pack for Cold war 1.3 (Hotfix2)

Post by Fistalis »

This is a straight Conversion of the Global Crisis and shattered World scenarios from SR2020.

The only editing I have done is Editing of regions to ensure compatibility, and using cold war files where needed.
As such..
  • There are no colonies at start
  • Any errors/mistakes/complaints about these scenarios in the latest version of 2020 are included
  • A ton of U.N controlled Oil platforms exist
  • the Units and Tech files from Cold war are used
  • The Mapx file from cold war is used
Conclusion: This mod is 95% the work of BG.. I simply took the time to convert them. Updates will be minimal, only to maintain compatibility with future updates to SRCW, or fix any major Errors in the conversion.

Main site

Updated to 1.1
Fixed some issues in the shattered world scenario.
Fixed flags in shattered world scenario

Updated to 1.2
  • Fixed issues with some regions not having the proper territory

Updated to 1.3
    • Massive revision to provide minor sphere variations in order to promote wars.
    • Default Volatility is now "Excluded" Which is higher than Very high, Other volatility settings work well. Excluded is for those who want that world falling down around you feeling in the first month.
Hotfix 1
Forgot to include the new region include which led to wrong country selections. Download has been updated if your running into this issue redownload and install.
Hotfix 2
Updated the Multiplayer and Campaign scenarios to include the upped Volatility settings as default.
Last edited by Fistalis on Mar 04 2012, edited 36 times in total.
Si vis pacem, para bellum
my Supreme Ruler mods Site - May it rest in peace
mr.playa
Lieutenant

Re: Global Crisis for Cold War

Post by mr.playa »

nice job man
keep up the good work
waiting for the link :):)
Gurc
Lieutenant

Re: Global Crisis for Cold War 1.0

Post by Gurc »

Thanks a lot

Anxiously waiting for the AI fix.
warhead
Captain

Re: Global Crisis for Cold War 1.0a

Post by warhead »

very nice work. i appreciate all the mods you do for this game
warhead
Captain

Post by warhead »

did 7.2.2 make countries stop allying with each other? i thought when i played a game in 7.2.1 the other countries formed alliances more often
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

warhead wrote:did 7.2.2 make countries stop allying with each other? i thought when i played a game in 7.2.1 the other countries formed alliances more often
Might have been your volatility settings. Alliances in general are far harder for the AI to sign in CW.
number47
General

Post by number47 »

Will the changes/corrections you make for your Modern world mod apply here as well in some future update? Haven't tried this yet but might give it a go if it will include the corrections from MWmod at some point...
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

number47 wrote:Will the changes/corrections you make for your Modern world mod apply here as well in some future update? Haven't tried this yet but might give it a go if it will include the corrections from MWmod at some point...
No this is a complete conversion. No modifications/changes etc that I do to my modern world mod will be applied to this mod. Global crisis isn't my scenario to bugger with so the only changes I make to this mod will be to fix major issues.
warhead
Captain

Post by warhead »

what settings would you say is the best to play as? do the difficulties = cw??
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

warhead wrote:what settings would you say is the best to play as? do the difficulties = cw??
To be honest I haven't played this mod much other than very basic playtesting. I would say that sphere victory mode probably doesn't translate very well though.
Yes some things like alliances being harder to get are part of the core of CW.. so I imagine the higher volatility settings would be better for this mod.

(this mod was made primarily because people were bugging me in my modern world Mod thread about wanting a more fictional Setting with no alliances etc, and it was simply easier to convert this for those people than convert my modern world mod to reflect the changes they wanted. So other than running it for a few days after I made it to make sure there was no major bugs I haven't played it)
warhead
Captain

Post by warhead »

one thing is that the production of electricity/industry goods etc is off the charts. germany for instance doesn't need to build any power plants or anything. not sure if there's anything you can do about that, but if you ever get around to looking at it
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

Its set exactly like Global crisis... lol (I just loaded it up.. and you actually start producing more in the SR2020 version due to starting with higher infrastructure funding. :wink: )

This is simply a conversion of the global crisis mod. Its setup exactly the same way and I have no plans of tweaking it. Its meant to be just a CW version of BGs global crisis scenario with as few changes as possible.

The only thing currently on my to do list for this mod is to fix social spending costs which is way too low right now. :wink: (and maybe remove the U.N controlled oil platforms if I feel like digging through the GC OOF.)

I Will put all the source files in the next version though so people can tweak it to their hearts delight.(if they don't mind recaching)
Fistalis
General

Re: Sr2020 Scenario Pack for Cold war 1.0

Post by Fistalis »

Fixed the economic scale in the Global crisis conversion. Added shattered world scenario and made it a scenario pack.
Fistalis
General

Re: Sr2020 Scenario Pack for Cold war 1.0

Post by Fistalis »

Updated to 1.1
FIxed flags in shattered world.

I'll fix the rest of the issues and release 1.2 in the next few days.
Fistalis
General

Re: Sr2020 Scenario Pack for Cold war 1.1

Post by Fistalis »

Updated to 1.2
Fixed all known issues.

Return to “Modding SRCW”