Sr2020 Scenario Pack for Cold war 1.3 (Hotfix2)

This forum has been archived. Please use the new modding forum. If you need to retrieve a thread from here, contact BattleGoat.

Moderators: Balthagor, BattleGoat

Fistalis
General
Human: Yes

Re: Sr2020 Scenario Pack for Cold war 1.2

Post by Fistalis »

domcoppinger wrote:I also have no clue, without doing proper research I couldn't even suggest where to start. I also have no clue how hard it would be to decode the .SAV file, find the relevant values, change them, then re-encode the .SAV, although I suspect it wouldn't be all that easy...
Wouldn't need to touch the save. Only the .csv which allows for relations changes post cache.
It could for example.. Read the region include to get the regions in a scenario.. then write random relations changes to the .csv . At which point you could fire up the game start it and every time you did relations would be different.

Decoding and rewriting the cache would be far harder.. for the same effect.
Si vis pacem, para bellum
my Supreme Ruler mods Site - May it rest in peace
tofofnts
Captain

Post by tofofnts »

Fistalis wrote:
domcoppinger wrote:I also have no clue, without doing proper research I couldn't even suggest where to start. I also have no clue how hard it would be to decode the .SAV file, find the relevant values, change them, then re-encode the .SAV, although I suspect it wouldn't be all that easy...
Wouldn't need to touch the save. Only the .csv which allows for relations changes post cache.
It could for example.. Read the region include to get the regions in a scenario.. then write random relations changes to the .csv . At which point you could fire up the game start it and every time you did relations would be different.

Decoding and rewriting the cache would be far harder.. for the same effect.
If I were to do this (I probably will fail miserably :lol: ). Where would I begin. What language would I use?
Edit: looking into this i realize im much to lazy for this
Last edited by tofofnts on Feb 21 2012, edited 1 time in total.
"When I was young I thought that money was the most important thing in life; now that I am old I know that it is."
-Oscar Wilde
Aragos
General

Post by Aragos »

domcoppinger wrote:Is that an offer Tofofnts?

And Fistalis, just go wherever your modding talent takes you, so long as it plays out well and involves a "Divided World" then I personally don't mind what the political landscape turns out like!
agreed. a nice, violent, insane shattered world. nothing more fun :)

Too bad there isn't a random diplo feature. Would be like playing in a world filled with crazed dicators--never know what to expect.
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

Update on this
http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 94#p138394

Summary. I can fix these scenarios To work very similar to the originals but its gonna take a bit of work.. look for an update in the "near" future.

They will declare war on each other.. but won't sign alliances unless both are heavily leaning toward one sphere.
Fistalis
General

Re: Sr2020 Scenario Pack for Cold war 1.3

Post by Fistalis »

updated to 1.3 see OP for Changelog
adam_brisbane
Sergeant

Post by adam_brisbane »

Not sure if it is just me but I did try redownloading the mod.

Whenever I try to play as Texas as I noticed you aligned them red and thought be interesting I always get moved over to Louisana.
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

adam_brisbane wrote:Not sure if it is just me but I did try redownloading the mod.

Whenever I try to play as Texas as I noticed you aligned them red and thought be interesting I always get moved over to Louisana.
Did some map fixes and forgot to include the newest region include. :oops:
The download is updated with the new file now.. should be fixed.

Thanks for the heads up.. with all the updating I was rushing to get done yesterday It slipped my mind that I had updated the region include file.

(just an FYI California is the red sphere leader and England is the blue sphere leader.. but neither should matter.. since i put lots of minor variation in sphere leanings neutrals will declare war on each other)

This update should bring this mod up to the level everyone wanted, other than alliances are extremely rare for the AI to sign with another AI nation. (due to the fact the AI will only sign alliances if 2 countries are Aligned with the same sphere)
Kiril
Lieutenant

Re: Sr2020 Scenario Pack for Cold war 1.3 (Hotfixed)

Post by Kiril »

You said the default volatility is excluded. I see it set as Medium. I'm guessing this is just a game thing not being able to show your volatility.
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

Kiril wrote:You said the default volatility is excluded. I see it set as Medium. I'm guessing this is just a game thing not being able to show your volatility.
IF your talking about GC it will say medium as the default but its WAY higher than very high. I never set it back DOWN to excluded. You can tell by looking at the meter.. its medium and a full meter... then thats the crazy high setting. If you switch it to medium.. it will be the normal medium setting. (the default starting setting of medium is about 10x higher volatility than very high, excluded is only about 2x higher than very high)

I'll fix this eventually so you can tell the difference on the game setup screen easier. I'll see how it plays out on excluded and set it down to that if its still crazy enough. (guess I thought I set it down to excluded and apparently I didn't thanks for the heads up on this)
Kiril
Lieutenant

Post by Kiril »

You see, problem with mine is, it shows no full meter with medium. It shows the normal settings. I'll test it in-game to see if it is correctly placed.

EDIT: I figured it out.
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

Kiril wrote:You see, problem with mine is, it shows no full meter with medium. It shows the normal settings. I'll test it in-game to see if it is correctly placed.
Did you copy all the new files over the old ones when installing 1.3. Sounds like you are still running 1.2

Note if you choose medium it will be regular medium(the left side of the pic).. if you leave it at the default it should look like the one below marked as new default.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Kiril
Lieutenant

Post by Kiril »

I got it. Seemed I forgot to install a couple parts of the mod. Thanks!
adam_brisbane
Sergeant

Post by adam_brisbane »

I was wondering if it was possible or ever likely that you may expand this a little to include the states of Australia broken down like the US and Canada states are. I not sure if that is just way to much work for the small amount of people that probably would want this or not, just thought be awesome to conquer NSW and make nearly the whole East Coast Queenslanders lol
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

adam_brisbane wrote:I was wondering if it was possible or ever likely that you may expand this a little to include the states of Australia broken down like the US and Canada states are. I not sure if that is just way to much work for the small amount of people that probably would want this or not, just thought be awesome to conquer NSW and make nearly the whole East Coast Queenslanders lol
Long answer:Unfortunately There are no region codes for the australian states. What that means is in order to create them and make them playable would require a staging process similar to what I have to do to make rebel factions in the modern world. It comes with its own set of issues and I really would rather not extend those to this mod.

Short answer: no
Aragos
General

Post by Aragos »

Just a side note; been playing Texas in Shattered World.

The whole proxy war thing is pretty (and weirdly) cool in this mod. Mexico DoWs me, away goes the war. Almost to Mexico City, and suddenly I'm fighting Scots, Belgians, New Jerseyites, etc. Unexpected to say the least (I initially thought it must have been a glitch, etc.).

Oddly, none were actually allied with Mexico.

Return to “Modding SRCW”