Sr2020 Scenario Pack for Cold war 1.3 (Hotfix2)

This forum has been archived. Please use the new modding forum. If you need to retrieve a thread from here, contact BattleGoat.

Moderators: Balthagor, BattleGoat

Aragos
General

Re: Sr2020 Scenario Pack for Cold war 1.3 (Hotfix2)

Post by Aragos »

Uriens--I did your fix to the SW scenario file (the one you use for SR2020)--very cool. Super FFA world.

[snip] Just go to CampaignGC folder and open 'Shattered World.Scenario' file with a text editor.
Change 'aistance: ' to 'aistance: 3' and save.
No need to make new cache or anything after this, just start new game.
This basically sets all AI's to aggressive mode - you will see huge increase of cassus belli for all nations and no alliances will be made whole game. AI will also DoW a lot more so be ready for lots of wars and hope your PC can handle the strain. Edit: You should also add 'agenda: 2' at the bottom of the file (after 'debtfree: 1' line) which sets all AI's to conquest mode.
These 2 settings (aistance and agenda) pretty much set the game to FFA mode. [snip]

Playing an aggressive Arkansas just to see if I can get NA to start fighting. Rest of the world is utter chaos, however, and game has just started.
Uriens
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Uriens »

Glad it helped. :-)
I picked those settings from Ruges as he used them in his mod and 'adopted' them to SW scenario.
I also made save game/cache switches to crack up volatility even more. In fact I think I made like 5 switches for my last 2020 game. It really was insane, especially in NA (I was playing in europe). Best game I ever had.

Come to think of it, I didn't try to make save/cache switches here, but I somehow doubt it would work. I made changes in files to maximize hostility between all regions in NA and it didn't work.
Aragos
General

Post by Aragos »

Did your tweaks to the scenario file--the game is pretty insane (think SR2020 SW at vh vol). Still no North American (or South) vol increase.

I'm beginning to suspect there is something in SRCW that has to do with the Regional settings--the one that sets theaters for individual nations. I wonder if NA and SA are both pre-set for lower vol within their region.

The save game/cache trick does work with CW; I've used it with my alt WWII mod to crank up the vol.
Fistalis
General
Human: Yes

Post by Fistalis »

Aragos wrote:Did your tweaks to the scenario file--the game is pretty insane (think SR2020 SW at vh vol). Still no North American (or South) vol increase.

I'm beginning to suspect there is something in SRCW that has to do with the Regional settings--the one that sets theaters for individual nations. I wonder if NA and SA are both pre-set for lower vol within their region.

The save game/cache trick does work with CW; I've used it with my alt WWII mod to crank up the vol.
I could have saved you the trouble.. i've used every trick in the book with minimal results. There is either a hardcoding issue, or a setting somewhere that i just haven't seen. I haven't given up on it.. just ran out of ideas.. (scripting is possible.. but that would be a last resort)
Si vis pacem, para bellum
my Supreme Ruler mods Site - May it rest in peace
Aragos
General

Post by Aragos »

I'm beginning to think it is something to do with a preset (hardcoded or other) that forces "peace" on all Continent 10 nations. Outside of NA/SA, violence is everywhere. No matter how aggressive I am in the NA region, they don't seem to want to attack (they'll stop trading, treaties, etc., but not attack).
Uriens
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Uriens »

Yeah, I think this one has to be fixed by the devs. It's probably something hardcoded.

Btw, South America starts fighting some 4-5 years into the game, nothing before. Usually Brazil DoW's everyone else on the continent.
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

Uriens wrote:Yeah, I think this one has to be fixed by the devs. It's probably something hardcoded.

Btw, South America starts fighting some 4-5 years into the game, nothing before. Usually Brazil DoW's everyone else on the continent.
This makes me think that there is some threshold of military power the AI wants to cross before it delcares.. For testing purposes I may try starting say Illiniois with a huge amount of units to see if that changes anything.
Uriens
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Uriens »

Fistalis wrote: This makes me think that there is some threshold of military power the AI wants to cross before it delcares.. For testing purposes I may try starting say Illiniois with a huge amount of units to see if that changes anything.
This is very possible. Actually, I'm testing a game where I used events to start wars in NA (pretty much all vs all for US and all vs all in Canada, over 650 wars all triggered at once after 2 years). Canadian regions had no wars with US regions (scripted). After some time fighting there, things started to happen. Some peaces were signed; not many , 2 or 3. This is more important - some more wars were declared, the non scripted ones between Canadian and US regions, apparently those that were doing well were doing more DoW's. This in fact is still in the 2nd year of game and never happened before I scripted initial wars. More units may in fact solve the passive NA problem.
Belarus, btw, is acting insanely aggressive every game at the start of the game, you could look at what they have to make the behave in such a way. Actually, in one of my tests I erased all influence and influence values, sphere and sphere values for all nations (still made 2 remote regions sphere leaders just for stability sake) making all regions truly neutral to each other. There were some odd wars and behaviors you don't normally see with default values, but nations that are very aggressive before were still aggressive in this game. Belarus apparently thinks they can take over the world immediately for some reason. It may be a clue to what is needed in NA.
Truth being told, I never played Belarus myself. I see them as SR equivalent of Montezuma in Civ IV and V and like to have them as AI that just starts the chaos in the world.
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

Uriens wrote:
Fistalis wrote: This makes me think that there is some threshold of military power the AI wants to cross before it delcares.. For testing purposes I may try starting say Illiniois with a huge amount of units to see if that changes anything.
This is very possible. Actually, I'm testing a game where I used events to start wars in NA (pretty much all vs all for US and all vs all in Canada, over 650 wars all triggered at once after 2 years). Canadian regions had no wars with US regions (scripted). After some time fighting there, things started to happen. Some peaces were signed; not many , 2 or 3. This is more important - some more wars were declared, the non scripted ones between Canadian and US regions, apparently those that were doing well were doing more DoW's. This in fact is still in the 2nd year of game and never happened before I scripted initial wars. More units may in fact solve the passive NA problem.
Belarus, btw, is acting insanely aggressive every game at the start of the game, you could look at what they have to make the behave in such a way. Actually, in one of my tests I erased all influence and influence values, sphere and sphere values for all nations (still made 2 remote regions sphere leaders just for stability sake) making all regions truly neutral to each other. There were some odd wars and behaviors you don't normally see with default values, but nations that are very aggressive before were still aggressive in this game. Belarus apparently thinks they can take over the world immediately for some reason. It may be a clue to what is needed in NA.
Truth being told, I never played Belarus myself. I see them as SR equivalent of Montezuma in Civ IV and V and like to have them as AI that just starts the chaos in the world.
When you say removed all spheres are you referring to the influence/influence value as well? thats what really sets starting CB. CW spheres have minimal impact.

Edit: I may have found something.. let me test it and get back to you.. gonna be funny if this is this case and I never saw it. :D (would explain some behavior in some of my other mods as well...)

I'm hoping its a simple setting rather than adding troops since TBH i don't want to majorly change this mod since its supposed to be a simple conversion not a totally new version of the SW scenario.
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

Fistalis wrote:
Uriens wrote:
When you say removed all spheres are you referring to the influence/influence value as well? thats what really sets starting CB. CW spheres have minimal impact.

Edit: I may have found something.. let me test it and get back to you.. gonna be funny if this is this case and I never saw it. :D (would explain some behavior in some of my other mods as well...)

I'm hoping its a simple setting rather than adding troops since TBH i don't want to majorly change this mod since its supposed to be a simple conversion not a totally new version of the SW scenario.
Welp false alarm.. I'm sick of taking shots in the dark.. I'm gonna poke balt...and he'll eventually get some sort of answer from george I hope.
Uriens
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Uriens »

Fistalis wrote: When you say removed all spheres are you referring to the influence/influence value as well? thats what really sets starting CB. CW spheres have minimal impact.
I changed:
Influence and influenceval to no values ( , , , ) for all regions.
Also i changed:
sphere and civiliansphere to 0 for all regions except Madagascar and Australia which I made sphere leaders (and are remote and usually not attacked or consequential for at least first 4-5 years.

In fact, there was lots of wars this way, mostly because of AI settings to conquest and aggressive plus high volatility. It was just that wars seemed a bit , well, random. The regions that started wars were very similar to those with normal settings though. Like Ukraine, Moscow, Belarus, both Chinas, India, both Koreas, etc. All these have tons of units I believe.

Too bad there is no easy solution though. :-(
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

Uriens wrote:
Fistalis wrote: When you say removed all spheres are you referring to the influence/influence value as well? thats what really sets starting CB. CW spheres have minimal impact.
I changed:
Influence and influenceval to no values ( , , , ) for all regions.
Also i changed:
sphere and civiliansphere to 0 for all regions except Madagascar and Australia which I made sphere leaders (and are remote and usually not attacked or consequential for at least first 4-5 years.

In fact, there was lots of wars this way, mostly because of AI settings to conquest and aggressive plus high volatility. It was just that wars seemed a bit , well, random. The regions that started wars were very similar to those with normal settings though. Like Ukraine, Moscow, Belarus, both Chinas, India, both Koreas, etc. All these have tons of units I believe.

Too bad there is no easy solution though. :-(
Well thats the thing.. if it is a military threshold then This mod as its known is dead if we want wars in NA.. since the majority of states start with small but high tech armies. What DOESN"T make sense is Texas and california should have plenty of a military.. but even they dont start war so.. I'm not so sure thats it. I PMd balt and sent him a link to the thread.. maybe he can pick georges brain and make george share some of his voodoo methods for the AI declaring war and we can figure this out.. if not I think i give up lol.

One thing I have noticed.. is that first war declarations tend to be primarily from communist and military dictatorships.. generally 99% of them. Its rare to see a democracy be the first to declare in a situation. It may be tied to government types since ALL of the states/provinces are democracy..

edit: One thing thats interesting is I KNOW for a FACT that prior to update 3 the mexico/texas or mexico california war started 99% of the time on higher volatilities.. now I havent seen it at all.
Edit2: taking donations for a New processor so i can cache/test faster. Need me one of those 4ghz 8 core beasts :wink:
Edit3: You might work night shifts if.. you're drinking vodka at 9:30 AM :lol:
Uriens
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Uriens »

For my next test I'll make whole world run by dictatorship governments. :D
You may be on to something here. I see lots of Democratic governments go on DoW spree in Eastern Europe (Romania, Serbia, Ukraine, Bulgaria, Turkey but they all have significant forces at the start or produce low cost, fast to build units that they can amass very fast (light infantry mostly). They also don't DoW at the very start, takes them a month or two at least. Government type may actually set the military strength threshold a region needs to pass before they can DoW someone. Belarus is Dictatorship so setting it to that may actually make NA more volatile.

Edit: Just got 'Texas has declared war on Mexico' mail. When they grow, they really start DoW'ing. Btw, still playing that game with scripted wars. Wonna get the feel how things work now before I start next test.
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

Uriens wrote:For my next test I'll make whole world run by dictatorship governments. :D
You may be on to something here. I see lots of Democratic governments go on DoW spree in Eastern Europe (Romania, Serbia, Ukraine, Bulgaria, Turkey but they all have significant forces at the start or produce low cost, fast to build units that they can amass very fast (light infantry mostly). They also don't DoW at the very start, takes them a month or two at least. Government type may actually set the military strength threshold a region needs to pass before they can DoW someone. Belarus is Dictatorship so setting it to that may actually make NA more volatile.

Edit: Just got 'Texas has declared war on Mexico' mail. When they grow, they really start DoW'ing. Btw, still playing that game with scripted wars. Wonna get the feel how things work now before I start next test.
I actually made illinois a dictator ship and they are at war without any prodding.. but its with ukraine so it may have been Ukraine to declared on them i was too busy drinking to notice...
Uriens
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Uriens »

Ok, new round of testing, all go dictators and let the bullets fly, hehe.

Return to “Modding SRCW”