Nato Counters Mod

This forum has been archived. Please use the new modding forum. If you need to retrieve a thread from here, contact BattleGoat.

Moderators: Balthagor, BattleGoat

mattpilot
Lt. Colonel
Human: Yes

Re: Nato Counters Mod

Post by mattpilot »

well, doesn't seem like a graphical 'problem', more of an issue on how to set up the scenario file, but i understand that you dont want to go messin with other people's stuff :)

But that won't stop me from asking more question :P

What this fine gentlemen has done here was create a new scenario which uses the graphics he created. I figured "hey, thats simple - i'll just duplicate the changes he made and paste them into your shattered world.scenario (backup file ;))."

The only changes that were made to the said file were:

#include "DEFAULT.UNIT", "MAPS\DATA\"

replaced with:

#include "NATOC.UNIT", "MAPS\DATA\"

(notice the file NATOC.UNIT doesn't actually exist - i'm perplexed how it actually works)

And the second change in the same file:

savfile "Cold War"

replaced with:

savfile "Cold War NATOC"

So, being the wise guy that i am, i made same change and referrenced "NATOC.UNIT" (which doesn't seem to exist) in the shattered world scenario file .... but then in game when it comes to choosing the scenario, i got 0 countries to choose from.

So yea.... here we are. HUH
trebor
Captain

Post by trebor »

This is in Fistalis mod files that your making changes to?

Been that long since i've done any modding, but sounds like you just need to re-cache after making your changes.

edit.....hmmm, don't think I actually included my NATOC.UNIT file in the download, thats why it isn't there. :D

I'll have a look if I have it saved on this new pc.
Last edited by trebor on Feb 15 2012, edited 1 time in total.
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

mattpilot wrote:well, doesn't seem like a graphical 'problem', more of an issue on how to set up the scenario file, but i understand that you dont want to go messin with other people's stuff :)

But that won't stop me from asking more question :P

What this fine gentlemen has done here was create a new scenario which uses the graphics he created. I figured "hey, thats simple - i'll just duplicate the changes he made and paste them into your shattered world.scenario (backup file ;))."

The only changes that were made to the said file were:

#include "DEFAULT.UNIT", "MAPS\DATA\"

replaced with:

#include "NATOC.UNIT", "MAPS\DATA\"

(notice the file NATOC.UNIT doesn't actually exist - i'm perplexed how it actually works)

And the second change in the same file:

savfile "Cold War"

replaced with:

savfile "Cold War NATOC"

So, being the wise guy that i am, i made same change and referrenced "NATOC.UNIT" (which doesn't seem to exist) in the shattered world scenario file .... but then in game when it comes to choosing the scenario, i got 0 countries to choose from.

So yea.... here we are. HUH
You would need the NATOC.Unit file from him. And don't change the save file name. He didn't release all his source files with the mod. So you can't recache properly. Its up to him if he wants to share that particular source file.

Treb
Hes trying to recache one of my mods to work with your Counters mod.
Si vis pacem, para bellum
my Supreme Ruler mods Site - May it rest in peace
mattpilot
Lt. Colonel

Post by mattpilot »

ah ok.. thanks for that info. I was wondering why the caching wasnt working :P
trebor
Captain

Post by trebor »

I've not been able to find my original files, I was going to upload them but I can't find any on my old hard drive. :-(
mattpilot
Lt. Colonel

Post by mattpilot »

aww :/

oh well, thanks for looking though!
trebor
Captain

Post by trebor »

I came across my original files the other day, I forgot that I had backed them up on to a dvd when I upgraded my PC.

I can grab the files off the disk and upload if you are still interested matt?

Return to “Modding SRCW”