Satellites Mod 1.0a

This forum has been archived. Please use the new modding forum. If you need to retrieve a thread from here, contact BattleGoat.

Moderators: Balthagor, BattleGoat

Fistalis
General
Human: Yes

Re: Satellites Mod 1.0

Post by Fistalis »

Never did like where the satellite button was.. so As of today its updated to have a sat menu on the main menu.

Do you see it?
Si vis pacem, para bellum
my Supreme Ruler mods Site - May it rest in peace
Blackbird
Corporal

Re: Satellites Mod 1.0a

Post by Blackbird »

Thanks Fistalis for this great mod. 2 Questions: Is it possible to get the sats into sandbox/saved games after update2? I guess I have to start a new game with your cold war sats scenario, right? The new sattelite button does not appear in my sandbox campaign, only on the hex with the launch pad... maybe I downloaded the mod seconds before you posted 1.0a....
Never understood why sats weren't brought back from 2020...still hope they put them into the game in some future update(which is unlikely now with the techs removed in the default cache......
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

Blackbird wrote:Thanks Fistalis for this great mod. 2 Questions: Is it possible to get the sats into sandbox/saved games after update2? I guess I have to start a new game with your cold war sats scenario, right? The new sattelite button does not appear in my sandbox campaign, only on the hex with the launch pad... maybe I downloaded the mod seconds before you posted 1.0a....
Never understood why sats weren't brought back from 2020...still hope they put them into the game in some future update(which is unlikely now with the techs removed in the default cache......
hrmm.. redownload and reinstall the mod. if you still can't see the satellite button (should be next to the militiary presence and Transporation buttons) i'll take a look at the mod make sure i included the right files.

As to savegames and any games not started with either my modern world mod or the sats scenario recon and missile defense sats should be available eventually but comm sats wont. However missile defense sats and recon sats come from later techs. Named recon sats and Global defense sats respectively.

(Note I also made a mistake in my modern world mod and comm sats are currently unavailable there as well til I fix the tech file.)

Edit: My copy of the zip has the right files. If you can't see it after redownloading and reinstalling let me know which download link you used so i can check the server files.

Blackbird
Corporal

Post by Blackbird »

Yep, redownloaded, and it works fine now. Must have gotten the old files as I said. Any chance to bring commsats into the default?
Thanks again for the mod.
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

Blackbird wrote:Yep, redownloaded, and it works fine now. Must have gotten the old files as I said. Any chance to bring commsats into the default?
Thanks again for the mod.
the Scenario that comes with it is a copy of the default with the tech modified to have com sats. Just start your next game using that. (nothing can be done about your current game)
Airat9000
Warrant Officer

Post by Airat9000 »

ood day, I wanted to find a developer that's launched a satellite rekonrenisans and which gives it effect? I do not see any of his or any changes
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

Airat9000 wrote:ood day, I wanted to find a developer that's launched a satellite rekonrenisans and which gives it effect? I do not see any of his or any changes
Huh?
Fistalis wrote: yes sats function exactly like that of sr2020. (alls I did was add the UI in to use the left over code :wink: )

Recon will actually show troop movements.. more coverage better chance of seeing units on the map. Although 100% coverage does not mean you get to see Everything all the time. With full satellite coverage you can spot about 95% of the units on the Map.

Comm sats raise efficiency of your units.. although they are available only mods and scenarios due to a tech effect missing in the default tech file.

Missile defense shoot down incoming and overflying missiles.(this comes with some issues that were present in Sr2020 such as if you have a missile defense treaty with your allies your SDI will shoot down your missiles if they overfly your allies territories.)

All the sat effects were hardcoded and still are so I cannot modify them. We're just lucky BG didn't remove the code entirely. :wink: (the fact that they didn't added to the fact that the HAP i overwrite was actually a menu button for sats that was a dead link makes me think they had planned to use sats and either decided against it a the last minute or couldn't finish the changes they wanted before release :D )
Aragos
General

Post by Aragos »

Thanks Fist.

Here's an idea that just occurred to me. Maybe some tactical concealment tech would be neat--something to reflect the shell game they played back in the day (empty trucks, inflatable airplanes, cardboard missiles) to fool the sats.

Maybe a tech that gives bonuses to hide values (e.g., "Basic Tactical Camo", "Intermediate Camo Techniques" and "Advanced Military Deception Practices"?
Airat9000
Warrant Officer

Post by Airat9000 »

and now realized thanks :) like satellites began to see the sly

sorry can not build a satellite units that would see them on the map :)
an2255
Sergeant

Post by an2255 »

because i haven't played sr 2020 i don't know much about satellites. so i have some questions
1 say i play a Switzerland or some other neutral state but then nuclear war starts and missiles fly over my counters will my satellite attack them or leave the because there not aimed at me.
2 about what year dose the satellite teck become available .
3 is there any way my satellite can be shot down.
4 is there any way i can keep track of how many satellite my enemy has launched.
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

an2255 wrote:because i haven't played sr 2020 i don't know much about satellites. so i have some questions
1 say i play a Switzerland or some other neutral state but then nuclear war starts and missiles fly over my counters will my satellite attack them or leave the because there not aimed at me.
2 about what year dose the satellite teck become available .
3 is there any way my satellite can be shot down.
4 is there any way i can keep track of how many satellite my enemy has launched.
1: yes
2: Since techs aren't based on years in CW it all depends on the path you take.. how much research you have etc.
3: no
4: Ai doesn't use it.
number47
General

Post by number47 »

Fistalis wrote:
an2255 wrote: 1 ...will my satellite attack them or leave them...
:lol: :lol: :lol:
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

number47 wrote:
Fistalis wrote:
an2255 wrote: 1 ...will my satellite attack them or leave them...
:lol: :lol: :lol:
:roll:
Its been explained in this thread already but I'll go over it again.
SDI sats shoot at any missile that isn't your own that crosses your territory.. this includes allies/neutrals/enemies.
number47
General

Post by number47 »

Fistalis wrote: :roll:
Its been explained in this thread already but I'll go over it again.
SDI sats shoot at any missile that isn't your own that crosses your territory.. this includes allies/neutrals/enemies.
Don't hold it against me :lol: , I was just appreciating your sense of humor :wink:
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr

Return to “Modding SRCW”