Technologies

This forum has been archived. Please use the new modding forum. If you need to retrieve a thread from here, contact BattleGoat.

Moderators: Balthagor, BattleGoat

domcoppinger
Colonel
Human: Yes

Re: Technologies

Post by domcoppinger »

Now this I am interested to hear, I have always wondered about the tech increases of unit values... They never seem to do much...
Much Thanks

- [On the topic of timelines] "Time isn't made of lines, it is made of circles, that's why clocks are round!" - Unknown-

Number 46-48
georgios
Brigadier Gen.

Post by georgios »

Jopo wrote:Good, Excellent. Now all I wish was that I had more tech prerequisite slots instead of just the 2. :lol:

to do that just create sequences of techs. with a little work you can correlate almost all techs so none will be useless and ineffective.
georgios
Brigadier Gen.

Post by georgios »

Jopo wrote:Oh, and in the wiki, the tech effects number 47 and 48 are listed as nothing, but in the Ruges unit file those effects have been assigned for the antimatter powerplant (47) and Dark Energy powerplant (48), so correct the wiki please.
how could Ruges script new effects if they are hard coded and non editable?
georgios
Brigadier Gen.

Post by georgios »

Jopo wrote:TACTICS: Human Wave Assault: As the name implies, attacking in massive hordes, causes massive casualties but add more shock effect. ( I don´t think there is a "shock" effect in the combat system)

TACTICS: Infiltration Assault: Creeping close to the enemy silently before assaulting with sub-machine guns and other automatic weapons, more effective than human wave and causes less casualties.

Does anyone have any suggestions for good effects for these kinds of techs?

A. increase ground attack values , soft defense drops

B. increase stealth value, increase ground attack values

I can't think a way to keep your units silent and not firing at the time are not still detected.
georgios
Brigadier Gen.

Post by georgios »

Guggy wrote:the end results arent visible despite the game saying the tech has been researched.

so little percents are not giving visible changes. but if you do all the possible defense upgrades you will have tanks with 20% more defense! Perhaps you should edit these techs for better results.
georgios
Brigadier Gen.

Post by georgios »

So effects from 36 to 55 are only activating the related plants? don't they increase the percentage of production?
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

Guggy wrote:Sorry to bump this :P

What would I have to do to, for instance, make Reactive Armor tech provide a +5% increase to hard target defense (tanks)? I currently take the tech number from the wiki, and give a 0.05 modifier, but the end results arent visible despite the game saying the tech has been researched.

I use the EndDay cheat for testing, is it possible they're skipping the upgrade due to that?
The end result isn't visible its only in the battle calculations. Alot of the tech modifications end results aren't visible to the player. Something I pray they fix in 36.
Si vis pacem, para bellum
my Supreme Ruler mods Site - May it rest in peace
number47
General

Post by number47 »

Fistalis wrote:The end result isn't visible its only in the battle calculations. Alot of the tech modifications end results aren't visible to the player. Something I pray they fix in 36.
Do they know you are praying? :D
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr

Return to “Modding SRCW”